PDA

View Full Version : self programming where to get hard- and software

frogg
04-01-2009, 08:19 AM
PAX, I found these drivers for hipro, with reference to GNresound software, which is also available to the public for download. Don't know if they will help you or not. http://hi-pro-usb-drivers.software.informer.com/ I too will be looking for a manufacturer who has SW available, and GN is a likely suspect for me. I have already downloaded their software, and it looks pretty easy to use. I am intrigued by the BE, if it will work with my hearing loss. I have not been able to get a copy of my audiogram from my audi, so thinking about finding another audi, soon. Sounds like your treatment from your audi is similar to mine. I have to pry out information, and still she stonewalls me most of the time. I realize we are probably in the minority, but hearing aids are too expensive not to get the most out of them. I haven't tried to buy any hardware yet. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

zafdor
04-01-2009, 11:54 AM
<snip>

I still need to locate drivers to actually run the hi pro.

If the hipro is serial port connected, it will not require a driver, the built in serial port driver (for windows) should be all you need.

pax576
04-01-2009, 12:13 PM
hippeaux -

HA! That's the point! Self-programmers should never really be DONE with tweaking:) Jobs change, surroundings change, hearing loss changes (mine is progressing sharply and I'm 28).

Frogg-

Thanks for the link. It got me moving again. Now I'm looking for a file named 'HI-PRO Configuration.exe'

Unitron gives some hints:
http://downloads.unitron.com/R_D/CustomerSupport/Support_Documents/HiPro%20Connection%20and%20Firmware%20upgrade.ppt

pax576
04-01-2009, 12:17 PM
zafdor could it be true? No drivers needed for serial port type Hi PROs? Can you decribe the pairing process?

Has anyone come across a source for programming cables? My audi said she could order some for me, but I think she might have been kidding. Heck, why not? It would keep me out of her office.

shan
04-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Actually the fitting software will detect and connect to the hipro. It seems like I originally had to update the firmware which is within the software files. The newer software would have the latest firmware. Phonak uses cs44-a cables , phonak only I believe. A lot of the resound and other bte's use the cs44. Here is where you can buy the cs44
http://www.hearing-loss-help-co.com/index1.html?products.html&1
He used to have only the cs44 now they imply if you give your aid model they will provide the cables???
Go to hearing aid accessories/tubing-programming equipment
Most software has a cable overview.

pax576
04-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Shan excellent link!
This looks like the real deal. Thanks a bunch.

This is the page one deeper which shows the cables:

zafdor
04-02-2009, 06:01 AM
zafdor could it be true? No drivers needed for serial port type Hi PROs? Can you decribe the pairing process?

There is nothing you can do on a serial port that will not be supported by the built in drivers. If you knew the protocol (command set) and had incredible patience, you could probably even program your instrument in a windows terminal session. I would look on your programming software to see if there are settings for the hipro.

shan
04-02-2009, 08:37 AM
(Quote)This is the page one deeper which shows the cables:
http://www.hearing-loss-help-co.com/index1.html?products.html&1[/QUOTE]

It's a redesigned page, the blinking on and off menu is terrible , also the links don't go all the way it seems. I have been familiar with the guy for a few years (Internet) and he is not out to goof anyone.
I have Resound Metrix (cs44) and savia (cs44a) with mine they are not interchangeable.

frogg
04-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Shan, are you using a HiPro and Resound's Aventa? If so, where did you buy your HiPro?

shan
04-02-2009, 05:14 PM
I have a serial hipro, I have not worn the metrix for a long time so haven't used aventa in a long while. I traded items with a dispenser I meet a few years ago 06. I'm relatively young 52 and will end up wearing aids for many years. I put a lot of time and effort into understanding the perimeters but in the long run it seems well worth it.

frogg
04-03-2009, 06:52 PM
It appears that neither Oticon Genie or Otiset fitting software will run standalone, but need to be called up through NOAH. A 45 day trial of Noah can be downloaded from HIMSA web site, but does anyone know what NOAH license costs? Otiset is available for free download on an Oticon website, but haven't found Genie yet, which is what my audi uses. I have Oticon CICs, and see on website from a poster above that cables, and new HiPros can be ordered for under $1000. Still too steep for me, but maybe some of this stuff is gradually finding its way into the consumer marketplace. I will keep watching eBay for a cheaper HiPro, and somewhere to download Genie.

xbulder
04-03-2009, 10:34 PM
It appears that neither Oticon Genie or Otiset fitting software will run standalone, but need to be called up through NOAH. A 45 day trial of Noah can be downloaded from HIMSA web site, but does anyone know what NOAH license costs? Otiset is available for free download on an Oticon website, but haven't found Genie yet, which is what my audi uses. I have Oticon CICs, and see on website from a poster above that cables, and new HiPros can be ordered for under $1000. Still too steep for me, but maybe some of this stuff is gradually finding its way into the consumer marketplace. I will keep watching eBay for a cheaper HiPro, and somewhere to download Genie.

genie does run stand alone you do not need to buy noah

frogg
04-04-2009, 07:56 AM
Thanks, X. Up to now, Otiset was the only Oticon sw I have been able to download, and when I tried to run it, a message said it would not work standalone. It's good to know that Genie will run standalone. I'll keep looking for Genie. If my audi were more helpful, I wouldn't be here on this forum looking for a way to do myself. Anyway, still looking for the pieces to the puzzle, realizing it will cost some money, but hoping to find affordable answers.

xbulder
04-04-2009, 10:59 AM
Thanks, X. Up to now, Otiset was the only Oticon sw I have been able to download, and when I tried to run it, a message said it would not work standalone. It's good to know that Genie will run standalone. I'll keep looking for Genie. If my audi were more helpful, I wouldn't be here on this forum looking for a way to do myself. Anyway, still looking for the pieces to the puzzle, realizing it will cost some money, but hoping to find affordable answers.
on the bright side, if you did purchase your Hi pro, you will be able to
use it to program your HI in the future...

shan
04-04-2009, 11:03 AM
I believe HOH who are capable and willing should be able to have the opportunity to review and study their purchased $$$ aids software. If only to see their capabilities. A dispenser who is more than just familiar with the software should have no fear of the extra input. There would be stupid questions, but being so stupid means there would be easy logical answers.
An involved patient (if we can go so far as to put it in medical terms) who takes ownership and responsibility for their hearing capabilities is far more likely to end up with more improvement.

hippeaux
04-04-2009, 11:07 AM
An involved patient (if we can go so far as to put it in medical terms) who takes ownership and responsibility for their hearing capabilities is far more likely to end up with more improvement.
One might go so far as to say, "An involved patient ... is a happy patient."

doubledown
04-04-2009, 11:16 AM
It was annoying finding this but finally got it by googling cs44.

http://www.hearing-loss-help-co.com/index1.html?c325.html&1

xbulder
04-04-2009, 02:31 PM

what product are you wearing?

frogg
04-04-2009, 03:21 PM
I am wearing Oticon syncro2 cics, a little over 3 yrs old.

xbulder
04-04-2009, 05:16 PM
I am wearing Oticon syncro2 cics, a little over 3 yrs old.

you would next a flexconect and a programing cable

frogg
04-04-2009, 06:11 PM
cs44 cables and cs53 flex strips?

corona
04-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Could somebody sticky this thread? There's a lot of good info in here.

molecule
04-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Just curious does anyone know if the AHPro 3 programmer provided by America Hears compatible with other software . Specifically the Resound Aventa 2.7 software ?

dfarrell8
04-22-2009, 08:35 PM
I don't think so. I asked Susan from America Hears at one time about programing a Dot 30 aid. I was going to try but didn't want to short something out on the dot 30 aid.

jchunter
04-22-2009, 08:45 PM
It was annoying finding this but finally got it by googling cs44.

http://www.hearing-loss-help-co.com/index1.html?c325.html&1Only $989 + $80 for a simple bit-serial interface! :confused: What a bargain. :rolleyes: :eek:
Don't bite on this outrageous rip-off.

shan
04-22-2009, 09:26 PM
It's all ridiculous as far as what you are getting and the real cost of the components. And the hipro price makes ebay the way to go. This is the only place I have ever seen, offering access, for the cables. Do you suggest an alternative?

jchunter
04-22-2009, 09:54 PM
It's all ridiculous as far as what you are getting and the real cost of the components. And the hipro price makes ebay the way to go. This is the only place I have ever seen, offering access, for the cables. Do you suggest an alternative?An alternative? Spend just $995 on an America Hears unit. You will get programming sofware, the cables and, as an extra added bonus, an excellent hearing aid, as well!!: :cool:

Then, donate your present (unprogrammable) hearing aid to charity and deduct its full cost on your income tax! :cool: This would cover most of the cost of your second America Hears hearing aid (Depending on your tax rate). :cool: :cool:

Edit: Oh, BTW, you can then take the cost of all the hearing aids as a medical deduction next year! :cool:

shan
04-23-2009, 10:07 AM
I, for one, and a few others , for all kinds of reasons have decided to use aids other than AH. If approached in a reasonable way even the hipro route can be feasible, and in the long run allow more options. In 05-06 after the Savia Art came out there were numerous original Savias on ebay that sold in the $400. to $500. range for a pair. This is almost the same time that the AH adro aids came out. I remember having the choice but had already pretty much decided on the phonak because I had heard their programming options were very flexable.
I actually had a guy give me a pair of resound metrix mx-60 also. At the time they were resounds best. For me they did not compare to the savias.
Given that the exelias have already been upgraded to the exelia art with the only real upgrade being the frequency compression option, the price of the old exelia will start approaching their real value.
The only tech latest greatest feature that I buy into as far as being a solution for more than just some, would be possibly the speed of the processor, and can I say ram. Of course no manufacturer seems to give anything but anecdotal numbers. Beyond that it might be how many options are available in the software, and how clean the sound is.

The same screwed up system that took you to ah took me to the hipro route.

There was a guy on this forum who purchased a pair of savia arts for $6-700.
That was a great price, and I thought about them myself but money being what it is, and the fact that I am still pleased with the savias made me not go there. In a years time the original exelia will be worth $1000 a pair. Edit probably $2000, people having paid 6
It will not be the blutooth feature that will make me want them.

Juergen
04-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Hello,
I have got one Noahlink to program my hearing Aids.
Because I&#180;m in a trial phase I try differed Types of hearing aids.

The Noahlink works well together with widex compass and widex passion.
The programming is easy to learn and the fitting is fine.

Now I try to do the same with Phonak IPFG 2.3 and Audeo yes IX
I have a programming cable oticon 3 that seems to fit to the Phonak
But the IPFG does not come into contact with the hearing aid.

Is there any one who knows if there is a difference between the programming cables oticon 3 and that one from phonak?

Does any one know which pin from noah link is routed to which pin of the hearing aid?

Perhaps some one could do me a favor and give me a little drawing of the wiring?

thanks a lot

from Germany

EnglishDispenser
04-23-2009, 12:52 PM
Hello Juergen,

The Oticon & Phonak cables ARE different ... but I'm not sure what the wiring is.

mfG,

Richard

shan
04-23-2009, 08:44 PM
For the same aid are there different cables for a hipro vs noahlink? I have a hipro.

zafdor
04-24-2009, 06:23 AM
If approached in a reasonable way even the hipro route can be feasible, and in the long run allow more options.

It's good to see someone who has had success going this route. Feasible yes, simple, no. What did the hipro set you back ($)? I'm assuming you need a new cable for each insument you get, how much are they? The software is the toughest part I think. It sounds like you went completely without going through a fitter. When I looked at this route the manufacturers software was not even available for sale, it had to be bootlegged. My old audie offered to set me up to go this route, she would get the gear (no markup) & bootleg the software. But when all was done and said, the 'full support' price through the audie plus the $1000 for the hardware just did not make sense when compared to AH.

So in a few years if I get an itch for a new instrument, I'm guessing the delivery model for instruments will not be changed much and I'll be comparing AH against the hipro again. :( Assuming you can get the software and cable, the world will be at your feet with your hipro!

There are a few seriuos technical people banging around the internet who are HI. I always though it would be a fun project for us to reverse engineer the hipro hardware and post the artwork + bill of material on the internet for free. We could also start selling complete units for $75 (this would even give us a couple bucks for our time). In fact one of these propeller heads had already looked inside of one. Now that I think back, his name was Jim, would that be you jchunter from hohadvocates?

I'm sure if you put the firmware from a hipro in public domain, you would be slapped with an injunction within a week. I don't know for a fact, but I have this sneaking suspision that the hipro firmware does not do much anyways & the brains are in the host program.

shan
04-24-2009, 09:39 AM
It was a lot of trouble, There was an Oticon rep on a different forum who had some items he wanted to sell. I gave him $400 for a hipro, and for a pair of syncro aids and numerous other, maybe 2 other pair of siemens cic aids. He sent me the aids but never came thru with the hipro. Instead he sent me a pair of the Metrix aids. I rationalized that all was even enough and moved on.
About that time the savia's became available and I purchased them first fit on ebay $450. w/remote, from England. At the time I was wearing a pair of siemens prisma 2 P w/vc.
I had all these aids but no hipro. I called hearing aid repair companys and ran across a guy who would talk to me, who was willing to trade my syncros, prismas, and two sets of cic's for a hipro, cables and software for the metrix and savia aids. We actually had some mutual acquaintances, small world and lucky. Money wise I was in good shape, but what a lot of aggravation and energy expended.
During this time frame there were few ebay hipros offered. It seems now they are there all the time, probably because of the newer usb hipro.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280336058724&viewitem=
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120408913209&viewitem=
One of these will sell for around $4-500. , probably the one listed in the business and industrial section. (harder to find) perhaps until now
I will sometimes search for items thru this site even though it mostly gets back to ebay, but it filters thru more catagories.
http://nationalstate.com/y/?t=hi-pro&submit=Search
The ripoff cables seem to be available at a site mentioned previously in this thread.
The software for most manufacturers seems to come online for download one place or another. People who find access don't sell it but typically share it. or at least the access to it.

When I first got into my little venture, I had Internet people just volunteer to help.
Zafdor, this does not at all apply to you, but I have often wondered why are so many AH users so angry ?

jchunter
04-24-2009, 02:05 PM
In fact one of these propeller heads had already looked inside of one. Now that I think back, his name was Jim, would that be you jchunter from hohadvocates? Nope, not me... :D But I agreee that Hipro's "brains" are in the software. It's largely a box of air. :D However, if the software pushes the wrong bits into a hearing aid, it may not work properly. I would not go that way. :eek:

pax576
04-24-2009, 09:58 PM
It was a lot of trouble, There was an Oticon rep on a different forum who had some items he wanted to sell. I gave him $400 for a hipro, and for a pair of syncro aids and numerous other, maybe 2 other pair of siemens cic aids. He sent me the aids but never came thru with the hipro. Instead he sent me a pair of the Metrix aids. I rationalized that all was even enough and moved on.
About that time the savia's became available and I purchased them first fit on ebay $450. w/remote, from England. At the time I was wearing a pair of siemens prisma 2 P w/vc.
I had all these aids but no hipro. I called hearing aid repair companys and ran across a guy who would talk to me, who was willing to trade my syncros, prismas, and two sets of cic's for a hipro, cables and software for the metrix and savia aids. We actually had some mutual acquaintances, small world and lucky. Money wise I was in good shape, but what a lot of aggravation and energy expended.
During this time frame there were few ebay hipros offered. It seems now they are there all the time, probably because of the newer usb hipro.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280336058724&viewitem=
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120408913209&viewitem=
One of these will sell for around $4-500. , probably the one listed in the business and industrial section. (harder to find) perhaps until now
I will sometimes search for items thru this site even though it mostly gets back to ebay, but it filters thru more catagories.
http://nationalstate.com/y/?t=hi-pro&submit=Search
The ripoff cables seem to be available at a site mentioned previously in this thread.
The software for most manufacturers seems to come online for download one place or another. People who find access don't sell it but typically share it. or at least the access to it.

When I first got into my little venture, I had Internet people just volunteer to help.
Zafdor, this does not at all apply to you, but I have often wondered why are so many AH users so angry ?

Thought I should report back on the 'ripoff' cables Shan mentioned. Previously, we located them here:

I paid $52 via paypal for Phonak CS-44a cables plus shipping. A day later the guy emails me and says they might not be available, he would have to check w/ his 'source'. Days and weeks go by and I finally ask for a refund after I send him several unacknowledged emails to follow up. The guy completely died on me! Bottom line, don't waste your money there. He won't deliver and he won't give you a refund. His name is Curtis Dickinson.

dfarrell8
04-25-2009, 05:14 AM
, but I have often wondered why are so many AH users so angry ?

I am very pleased with AH?? I get faster and better response from them over my local audi.

shan
04-25-2009, 10:06 AM
Thought I should report back on the 'ripoff' cables Shan mentioned. Previously, we located them here:

I paid $52 via paypal for Phonak CS-44a cables plus shipping. A day later the guy emails me and says they might not be available, he would have to check w/ his 'source'. Days and weeks go by and I finally ask for a refund after I send him several unacknowledged emails to follow up. The guy completely died on me! Bottom line, don't waste your money there. He won't deliver and he won't give you a refund. His name is Curtis Dickinson.

I'm sorry he did not come thru. I was hoping there was finally somewhere making these things available.
I discussed a few months ago with the guy the fact that the CS-44 was not the same as the CS-44a. ,, (These are the only 2 cables I am first hand familiar with), he, back then, thought they were the same. He used to only list the cs-44, then his site changes and he claims to have access to all.
Has it been weeks since I posted that link? In any case I apologize. If you want, pm me and I can communicate with with the guy beyond his sales website. We are far from buddies but I can contact him

While I'm at it, It was inappropriate for me to bring up garbage from a different forum. Zafdor is such a reasonable guy, I thought I could ask.
I apologize again.

shan
04-26-2009, 10:35 AM
I
There are a few seriuos technical people banging around the internet who are HI. I always though it would be a fun project for us to reverse engineer the hipro hardware and post the artwork + bill of material on the internet for free. We could also start selling complete units for $75 (this would even give us a couple bucks for our time). In fact one of these propeller heads had already looked inside of one.

I am somewhat of a gadget guy but I couldn't touch this
Here's a patent drawing for a Hi-Pro which connects to a laptop via the PCMCIA slot. You can find it at
http://www.patentgenius.com/image/6590986-4.html.

I've seen pictures of AH and hearsource programmers, they are so small.
To an electrical engineer this might be a very simple drawing.

zafdor
04-27-2009, 06:26 AM

It no doubt has to do with the cost/delivery method of instruments. When a layperson is told an instrument is $2000, he thinks there is some magical expensive technology in it. The reality is it is ~$100 worth of hardware delivered by a system with lots of fat in it. AHs delivery method is lean and they want you to self program because it makes their overhead easier. This exposes the fact that there is no magic in these things, just high cost delivery system.

The smiling audie at the end of the chain seems to get a lot of angst from some AH users because they start clicking away on their Virtual Office and think they are now masters of hearing correction. They think the audie was a charlatan who just bilks people out of money for something they can do themselves. My opinion is different; audies (and even good fitters) have skills that a layperson cannot match due to having fit hundreds (or thousands) or patients and their lengthy studies, but some AH users will never admit to that! If you are referring to the hohadvocates board, yes that is pretty much a lynch mob. As a pretty happy AH user, I still have to keep my head down there because these instruments are far from perfect.

Juergen
04-27-2009, 02:42 PM
I´m from Germany, so sorry, if my wording is not the best.

I´m a engineer of electronics and have some experience about the costs of electronics of medical devices. From my opinion the manufacturing costs are less than 20$. Some of them may have exactly the same chip inside so the tooling costs decrease to a minimum.
For example you will get the chips and all the detail information here:
http://sounddesigntechnologies.com/products_DigitalProducts.php
The additional hardware you´ll get here: http://www.pulseeng.com/index.php?997

If there are some freaks to build up a public hard and software design for hearing aids and software I would be interested to come in contact with.

Because it need´s to much time for only a single individual to do the complete development of such a device I decided to buy existing hardware and using software offered by the vendors of the hearing aids.

Now I have a noahlink, a widex passion 115 and use the compass software.
All together I saved more than 1000$ of costs.
The fitting is perfect and easy to do with the compass.

A big shame to those people who makes so much money with disability of people. :mad:

pax576
04-27-2009, 09:06 PM
Juergen congratulations on getting up and running with your own programming. Evidently, you were unable to find a source for programming cables since you say you have a Noahlink?? By the way, there is a Noahlink for sale on ebay today for $500 if anyone is looking.

As an update, Curtis from Hearing-loss-help.com refunded my $$ the day after my complaining post. I think this forum has power!! Shan, not sure if you nudged him, but thanks.

danielchin
04-28-2009, 10:00 AM
I have a supplier willing to sell me brand new Hi-pro programming interface at USD$500 each but will require to purchase in 10 pieces minimum. CS44 cable, CS63 Flex Strip programming cable @USD60 per cable. Other cables may need to check. I need at least 10 interested parties to join in to purchase in bulk. There will be other cost such as import tax and shipping cost to bring in the items and re-distribute the item to the respective buyers budgeted at about another extra USD50. If shipping cost to the respective buyer is too high, top up is required.
Why buy a used hi-pro at the price of a brand new device? If interested, please book in advance.
Once I got the numbers, I shall post the product at www.ebay.com.sg for you to place the order as it is currently free for seller to post. For payment mode, I still need to find one which is cheap and reliable to all of you. May be through Paypal or moneybookers. Additional cost of about 5% on the cost if pay by Paypal.

floridajoe
04-28-2009, 08:14 PM
I have great interest in this thread. I too have the Phonak software and intend to get an iCube. As I understand it, it is all you need except for a USB cable?? Can anyone confirm this? Can it really be that sinple?? Likely not!!

meir
04-29-2009, 04:01 AM
I would like to buy the Noahlink on eBay now. The seller says it comes with software. I even downloaded the "Aventa" software from Resound's site, it doesn’t seem complicated. Will I need to purchase "Noah system" too? And what about "cs53" cables?
BTW, resounds site recommends using "Speedlink", I tried googling it with no results, anyone heard of that?

hearnow
04-29-2009, 08:47 AM
I have great interest in this thread. I too have the Phonak software and intend to get an iCube. As I understand it, it is all you need except for a USB cable?? Can anyone confirm this? Can it really be that sinple?? Likely not!!

The iCube (a wireless hearing aid programming unit) and ipfg 2.1 or above are the only technical bits you need. The icube can be linked through ipfg to your computer's bluetooth module (if it has one) or quite simply by using a long USB cable (all three my icubes came with a long USB cable included each). You will be able to program all Core platform Phonak aids using this setup. This includes all Audeo YES models, Certena, Versata and Exelia and all future Core models (probably all future Phonak chipsets I would hope). For any other Phonak or other manufacturer models you will need Noahlink or hiPro with appropriate cabling (different cables for ITE, CIC, BTE etc even within a brand and model!) and software.

BTW I love using the icube as it is very simple and wireless using Bluetooth. No more fiddly hearing aid cables into tiny little ports.

hippeaux
04-29-2009, 09:02 AM
The iCube (a wireless hearing aid programming unit) and ipfg 2.1 or above are the only technical bits you need. The icube can be linked through ipfg to your computer's bluetooth module (if it has one) or quite simply by using a long USB cable (all three my icubes came with a long USB cable included each). You will be able to program all Core platform Phonak aids using this setup. This includes all Audeo YES models, Certena, Versata and Exelia and all future Core models (probably all future Phonak chipsets I would hope). For any other Phonak or other manufacturer models you will need Noahlink or hiPro with appropriate cabling (different cables for ITE, CIC, BTE etc even within a brand and model!) and software.

BTW I love using the icube as it is very simple and wireless using Bluetooth. No more fiddly hearing aid cables into tiny little ports.
Three iCubes? Hmm, can you give me your address and security codes? I want to come steal one. :p

shan
04-29-2009, 09:13 AM
The best place I have found for finding nut and bolts type of information is The Hearing Journal.
http://www.audiologyonline.com/theHearingJournal/
On the left of the page there is a link to Audiology Online
At Aud. Online you can take courses concerning most topics. The manufacturer sponsored courses are typically free. They want you to buy their product!!
It has been a few years but I believe I registered as a student. You can search thru the archives or recorded courses and find info on most products.
Almost every new offering of an aid has a free continuing education course.
These are informative but are typically (one serious sales pitch) to their customer (the audiologist/dispenser).
I have not looked, but the speedlink, icube, would have a course associated with them.
There are very indepth audiological courses concerning the latest perspective on most issues.

Juergen
04-29-2009, 12:53 PM
I would like to buy the Noahlink on eBay now. The seller says it comes with software. I even downloaded the "Aventa" software from Resound's site, it doesn’t seem complicated. Will I need to purchase "Noah system" too? And what about "cs53" cables?
BTW, resounds site recommends using "Speedlink", I tried googling it with no results, anyone heard of that?

Together with noahlink comes a bluetooth dongle and the needed driver CD
There is a update for the drive available:
http://german.himsa.com/Download/NOAHlinkUpdatesandPatches/tabid/2046/language/de-DE/Default.aspx
additional you will need the software for your hearing aid. Thats all.
In case of widex software compass and phonak software Ipfg I tested this my own and it works perfect.

kind regards from German
J&#252;rgen

Juergen
04-29-2009, 01:22 PM
I have summarized all the links I have got up to now here
http://www.hearingaidforums.com/showthread.php?t=3408

pax576
04-29-2009, 06:39 PM
No offense danielchin but your offer sounds a little fishy. This is your first post on the forum? I would caution anyone against providing money up front for maybe product later.

I have a supplier willing to sell me brand new Hi-pro programming interface at USD$500 each but will require to purchase in 10 pieces minimum. CS44 cable, CS63 Flex Strip programming cable @USD60 per cable. Other cables may need to check. I need at least 10 interested parties to join in to purchase in bulk. There will be other cost such as import tax and shipping cost to bring in the items and re-distribute the item to the respective buyers budgeted at about another extra USD50. If shipping cost to the respective buyer is too high, top up is required.
Why buy a used hi-pro at the price of a brand new device? If interested, please book in advance.
Once I got the numbers, I shall post the product at www.ebay.com.sg for you to place the order as it is currently free for seller to post. For payment mode, I still need to find one which is cheap and reliable to all of you. May be through Paypal or moneybookers. Additional cost of about 5% on the cost if pay by Paypal.

xbulder
04-30-2009, 03:32 AM

it is a small usb prog device only for GN instrument.
it is faster than hi pro and smaller- unfor. it only works for gn like products
but it is on the other hand quite cheap

xbulder
04-30-2009, 03:35 AM

you see the problem with the icube is that it only works with phonak, not even their sister company unitron.
on the other hand, the nearcom is a open platform which could work with a variety of manf. - if enough manf. embrace it might actually become popular

hearnow
04-30-2009, 07:30 AM
you see the problem with the icube is that it only works with phonak, not even their sister company unitron.
on the other hand, the nearcom is a open platform which could work with a variety of manf. - if enough manf. embrace it might actually become popular

DO you know if iCube will work with the upcomming Unitron Passport or not?

BTW the NEarcom is very bulky and expensive option (you need to buy a NoahLink and the Nearcom which connects to the Noahlink) - in AU that is almost $3K- monster compared to the simple elegance of the iCube ($400).

terryj
04-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Hi everybody! I am new to this forum but want to post a note to try to help anybody with a decision if I can. Bought Audeo IX three weeks ago with the MyPilot. Just picked up the Icube and used it for the first time today. THIS IS
A PIECE OF CAKE!! Very simple to use and no problems at all. Did connect with the USB cable. So if you are sitting on the fence I say go for it.

R L
250 25 30
500 20 30
1000 25 30
2000 25 45
3000 40 75
4000 75 90
6000 75 95
8000 75 90

hippeaux
04-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Hi everybody! I am new to this forum but want to post a note to try to help anybody with a decision if I can. Bought Audeo IX three weeks ago with the MyPilot. Just picked up the Icube and used it for the first time today. THIS IS
A PIECE OF CAKE!! Very simple to use and no problems at all. Did connect with the USB cable. So if you are sitting on the fence I say go for it.

R L
250 25 30
500 20 30
1000 25 30
2000 25 45
3000 40 75
4000 75 90
6000 75 95
8000 75 90
The ease of use is good to hear as I've been considering the purchase of one of these devices. Mind if I ask where you got the iCube, and for how much did you pay?

Neilk
04-30-2009, 05:52 PM
No offense danielchin but your offer sounds a little fishy. This is your first post on the forum? I would caution anyone against providing money up front for maybe product later.

Fishy is putting it mildly. I bet he wants a good faith deposit up front too. After all, why should he lay out all the money, and why shouldn't you trust him? RIIIGHT!!!! Surrrrrre!!!! If anyone falls for this, they will get what they are due. Buyer beware. Especially over the Internet from someone you never met, who is not licensed or with a registered licensed business and for an offer that is too good to be true.

danielchin
04-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Fishy is putting it mildly. I bet he wants a good faith deposit up front too. After all, why should he lay out all the money, and why shouldn't you trust him? RIIIGHT!!!! Surrrrrre!!!! If anyone falls for this, they will get what they are due. Buyer beware. Especially over the Internet from someone you never met, who is not licensed or with a registered licensed business and for an offer that is too good to be true.

The selling will be sold through the www.ebay.com.sg instead of the www.ebay.com which has a cost attached to it for any successful deal. You will bid as usual from the ebay and the buyer protection is in placed. In addition, I did not gain much through this sales. My intention is to invite the members to bid from www.ebay.com.sg to save on cost and everyone also can enjoy low-cost sales. Personally, I am also an user of hearing aids. I can really empathize with what all those in suffer.

If you are interested, just give a name now and I will only post it to the ebay when I have gathered enough people to purchase so that I could negotiate with the supplier to get a bulk discount. Otherwise, no deal.

pax576
04-30-2009, 11:14 PM
OH! I didn't notice it was ebay SINGAPORE! Nevermind, I think we all should get in on this. What else can you sell us??

The selling will be sold through the www.ebay.com.sg instead of the www.ebay.com which has a cost attached to it for any successful deal. You will bid as usual from the ebay and the buyer protection is in placed. In addition, I did not gain much through this sales. My intention is to invite the members to bid from www.ebay.com.sg to save on cost and everyone also can enjoy low-cost sales. Personally, I am also an user of hearing aids. I can really empathize with what all those in suffer.

If you are interested, just give a name now and I will only post it to the ebay when I have gathered enough people to purchase so that I could negotiate with the supplier to get a bulk discount. Otherwise, no deal.

danielchin
05-01-2009, 12:19 AM
OH! I didn't notice it was ebay SINGAPORE! Nevermind, I think we all should get in on this. What else can you sell us??

I have purchased CS44 and CS63 Flex Strip programming cable from the supplier before and there are many others cables available. State your cable request together with the HiPro order.

meir
05-01-2009, 01:44 AM
Xbuilder, any links about the Speedlink? I'm a DOT 30 user so that might be a good road to take.

Meir

zafdor
05-01-2009, 05:57 AM
A lot of folks have done a lot of good work researching (and executing!) self programming (the non America Hears route). I think it would be great if we could get all of this information rended down and put into a sticky thread. How do we do it?

terryj
05-01-2009, 06:02 AM
The ease of use is good to hear as I've been considering the purchase of one of these devices. Mind if I ask where you got the iCube, and for how much did you pay?

I bought the Icube and all other products locally from a hearing clinic. Believe the price was around $300. Hope this helps.

Juergen
05-01-2009, 10:55 AM
A lot of folks have done a lot of good work researching (and executing!) self programming (the non America Hears route). I think it would be great if we could get all of this information rended down and put into a sticky thread. How do we do it?

I think this is a good idea
If there is a possibility, I would like to help.
I tried to do this with my summary of all the fitting software :
Is there a better way?

danielchin
06-17-2009, 08:32 PM
I have place an ads at website at www.ebay.com.sg. The brief descriptions of the Hi-pro USB unit is available here for your information.

http://www.hearingaidforums.com/showthread.php?t=4188

twells
06-18-2009, 07:08 PM
I have everything I need to tweak the programming of my be9s except the pills that connect to the cables. Any ideas? No luck at google. Thanks

dfarrell8
07-07-2009, 07:40 PM
Twells, do we need Noah to run the avanta software?

Napoleon129
07-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Has someone used the iCube over Bluetooth instead of the wire? This route seems to be troublesome.

twells
07-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Aventa runs stand alone, just select that option when you install it. BTW, I went with dot 20's instead of the be9. Got lucky and bought a speed link with all the cables I need on eBay for $130. Now I just need to find some sport locks for the dots.

rfdude
07-09-2009, 01:18 PM
I have a source in China for the Hipro fairly cheap and another source for the Noahlink if anyone is interested. They are both new and in the box so they are not cheap.

ed121
07-10-2009, 08:55 AM
While the physical hardware to self program is readily available, the manufacturer's software is not.

The software is proprietary and most manufacturers will not release the software except to one of their dealers (dispensers).

It is conceivable that a manufacturer might get tough about unauthorized use of their software and take some legal steps to prevent use by non-dealers.

Discussions of illegal sources of software, could precipitate nasty legal action to close down forums carrying such discussions. Some manufacturers may go to great lengths to protect their stuff that cost them a bundle to develop.

Personally, I find the mfg's short sighted in their protective stance, because their software has only one use, that is, to program their aids which they made a profit on. Ed

Lancaster
07-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Discussions of illegal sources of software, could precipitate nasty legal action to close down forums carrying such discussions.

Well, maybe in the US they may close down a forum for carrying such discussions. But not in Europe. Anyway, the manufacturer website is not an "illegal source", since the software is not protected.

xbulder
07-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Twells, do we need Noah to run the avanta software?

No, and aventa is free for you to donwload of the resound website

xbulder
07-10-2009, 04:24 PM
While the physical hardware to self program is readily available, the manufacturer's software is not.

The software is proprietary and most manufacturers will not release the software except to one of their dealers (dispensers).

It is conceivable that a manufacturer might get tough about unauthorized use of their software and take some legal steps to prevent use by non-dealers.

Discussions of illegal sources of software, could precipitate nasty legal action to close down forums carrying such discussions. Some manufacturers may go to great lengths to protect their stuff that cost them a bundle to develop.

Personally, I find the mfg's short sighted in their protective stance, because their software has only one use, that is, to program their aids which they made a profit on. Ed

many manf. have their soft for download.. Unitron, Widex, Magantone, Sonic Inn, just to name a few

dfarrell8
07-10-2009, 10:04 PM
OK, so for the dots,,,the way to go would be to get a speed link (Which I can't seem to find anywhere) along with the free Aventa 2.7 download and what cables? Thanks.

EnglishDispenser
07-11-2009, 07:08 AM
Anyway, the manufacturer website is not an "illegal source", since the software is not protected.
The software is usually licensed.

You may - or may not - be permitted to copy or use the software.The fact that you can find a copy to download is neither here nor there.

I advise users of manufacturers' programming software NOT to assume that they have the right to do so.

Check with the manufacturer first!

mchwalt
08-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Hello Jürgen,

I'm from Germany as well and I'm using the passion 115 from widex.
What I want to do, is to do the setting of my hearing aid stress-free at home.
I already loaded the trial-software compass. What I need is to buy is the adapter-cable to PC.
Or maybe a simple cable can be build by myself using a battery as power-supply and interface-contact.
Do you have any experience ( or a wiring diagram) in building a cable or can you tell me, where I can buy the noahlink.

Many thanks in advance for your answer

Best regards
Michael

contactsor to build own m

giossoj
10-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Does anyone know where I can buy an icube?
I just bought a set of Phonak vesata's and they need some heavy adjustments.
I would really like to do this myself rather that making the appointment and the long drive in every time to see my audiologist.
I have downloaded the IPFG software and watched my audiologist use it. I'm pretty confident I can do it myself by doing small adjustment at a time.
I have read on here that http://store.yourhearing.net/ (http://store.yourhearing.net/) used to cary the icube, but unfortunately they no longer cary it.
Can anyone tell me where I can buy an icube?
Thanks!!

pvc
10-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Does anyone know where I can buy an icube?
You can't buy the iCube anymore. You can buy a Hi-Pro. See this thread (http://www.hearingaidforums.com/showthread.php?t=4739). Talk to the Hi-Pro sellers about how to obtain programming cables.

I share you quest for the ability to self-program your aids. I am staying away from aids when the manufacturer hides the fitting software, or only allows downloading older versions of the fitting software. For example Unitron allows download of Unifit but you have to contact a sales rep for U:Fit. The sales rep says no-fitting-software-for-end-users! So I will never buy a Unitron product.

EnglishDispenser
10-10-2009, 10:32 AM
The sales rep says no-fitting-software-for-end-users! So I will never buy a Unitron product.
That means that you won't be buying a Phonak or Oticon product either.

This starts limiting your product options.

pvc
10-10-2009, 10:50 AM
That means that you won't be buying a Phonak or Oticon product either.

This starts limiting your product options.
I beg to differ (without saying why). ;-}

Gale
10-10-2009, 02:32 PM
I beg to differ (without saying why). ;-}

Too bad there is not an America Hears option that would met your hearing needs since they come with both the programming hardware and software.

Yes I know you "source" hardware and software for any brand but not as easy as with AH. :)

pvc
10-11-2009, 07:41 AM
Too bad there is not an America Hears option that would met your hearing needs since they come with both the programming hardware and software.

Yes I know you "source" hardware and software for any brand but not as easy as with AH. :)
Lovehearing (Hong Kong) also provides both the programming hardware and software. See this thread (http://www.hearingaidforums.com/showthread.php?t=4609).

But some may feel the need to self program other brands of hearing aids. As we talk about the resources available to self programmers some of those resources (such as the iCube) have a habit of disappearing. What's up with that??? Oh never mind... I can guess.

AutoLane29
10-17-2009, 07:04 PM
I can whole hardily endorse a company called Hearsource (http://www.hearsource.com/index.html). The hearing aids have been the best I have ever worn and the people have been very supportive and easy to deal with. They even have their own support videos, blogs and forum (http://www.hearsource.com/support_services.html) for hearing aid users.

I am sure the other companies mentioned are fine also, but my positive experience has been with HearSource.

Musick7
11-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Musick7 <--- Raises Hand... I might have a suggestion.

Who makes the DSP inside that "Widex Passion" If you know the answer to that I know the answer to your Programming Needs. 'Maybe' Please please please don't think I'm trying to be cocky. I just love this kind of stuff and google seems to find things that are well kept industry secrets…

'Did you know that google gets smarter the more you use it?' Have you ever noticed when searching and you go to a website where adds are displayed along the edges of the webpage and those adds seem to be everything you like… Thats Google keeping tabs.

Musick7
11-06-2009, 09:13 PM
You can Purchase from Knowles acoustics.
Try Also www.SONION.com Here is LINK Below of there Program Cables
http://www.sonion.com/Products/Electromechanicals/Connector%20Systems.aspx
DELTEK will have the cables, I think deltek is momma bear company… or something to that effect.

Digikey, Newark or Mouser might have the cables but I'm not sure about that.

FrastNH
11-08-2009, 02:14 PM

I heard that the Hi Pro has bluetooth/wireless capabilities, if I bought the newer hi pro will I be able to program my hearing aids without wires?
I have phonak exeria art HI
Thank you

EnglishDispenser
11-08-2009, 02:30 PM
I heard that the Hi Pro has bluetooth/wireless capabilities,

Google "NoahLink"

and

Google "iCube"

FrastNH
11-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Google "NoahLink"

and

Google "iCube"
Thank you EnglishDispenser,
People here saying that iCube is not available for purchase. I visited Noahlink website but they did not say anything about fitting the hearing aid without cables. all I can see is that Noahlink communicates with the pc wireless through bluetooth and it doesn't need to be attached to power supply because it has battery. I don't know if having bluetooth makes it communicate with the HI too.

pvc
11-08-2009, 09:55 PM
I heard that the Hi Pro has bluetooth/wireless capabilities, if I bought the newer hi pro will I be able to program my hearing aids without wires?
I have phonak exeria art HI
Thank you
Hi-pro is a serial interface. Old version = RS-232-C like this (http://www.hearingaidforums.com/showthread.php?p=24798#post24798). New version is a USB interface. But that's still a serial interface. It has nothing to do with wireless. You need programming cables to connect the Hi-Pro to your aids.

Right, the iCube is no longer available for sale to chumps like you and I.

You don't need Noahlink for anything that I know of. You can run the fitting software standalone without Noahlink. Correct me if I am wrong but I think this applies to serial and/or wireless interfaces. In other words I believe that Noahlink is not necessary for a wireless interface.

easyrider
11-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Hello,

Thanks to this forum for info regarding self-programming HI.
I have the hi-pro, genie software and can get the cs-44 cables
from the links in this thread.

But I have had no luck at all locating the Oticon black programming
shoes need to connect the Oticon Sumo aids.

Does anyone know where I can beg, borrow or steal these?

Thanks!
Bill

EnglishDispenser
11-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Only from a dispenser with an Oticon account.

(And, no, please do NOT email me - I can't help)

xbulder
11-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Only from a dispenser with an Oticon account.

(And, no, please do NOT email me - I can't help)

Or benafon... Bernafon extreme use the same programming boot

Cityhunter
11-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Hello,

Thanks to this forum for info regarding self-programming HI.
I have the hi-pro, genie software and can get the cs-44 cables
from the links in this thread.

But I have had no luck at all locating the Oticon black programming
shoes need to connect the Oticon Sumo aids.

Does anyone know where I can beg, borrow or steal these?

Thanks!
Bill

Why don't you try at Singapore eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Programming-cables-for-all-major-brand-of-hearing-aids_W0QQitemZ330376985875QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_216?hash=item4cec00bd13.

The seller is selling all types of cables. I believe he can get you the Oticon black programming shoes as well.

dreganism
11-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Has someone used the iCube over Bluetooth instead of the wire? This route seems to be troublesome.
Hi, the iCube works like a charm. Somestimes they drop the connection to the aids, but then again, so does the Noah Link, which is also bluetooth. The Hi-Pro interface box rarely fails, but it a pain in the backside with all the cables. David Regan auditoryscene.net

cmb427
11-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Hello,
What is an Icube and how does it relate to hearing aids? Is an Icube like a hi pro?

Raudrive
11-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Hello,
What is an Icube and how does it relate to hearing aids? Is an Icube like a hi pro?

The Phonak iCube is a wireless programming device to program Phonak CORE platform hearing aids. These are the newest generation Phonak aids. This iCube is very hard for the average person to get their hands on.
I am pretty sure this is the correct answer, the pros will correct me otherwise.

Good luck

cmb427
11-19-2009, 07:14 PM
So everything will hook up to Hi Pro's, including phonak right? Or you could get the icube, which only hooks to phonak? The reason people might be an icube is to save money over buying a Hi pro I reason.

xbulder
11-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Hello,

hipro should be consider, this will enable to program all HI brands

cmb427
11-20-2009, 12:55 AM
Thanks. By the way what is insitu programming? I understand that there are two types of programming:

-The prog. done at the factory using your audiogram

-The prog. done at the audiologists office to "fine tune" the aid

Are we able to do the same prog. that the factory does? Or can we just do the fine tuning that the audies do?

Like some people were saying, it would be very awesome if we could gather all this information, links and a general explanation of the how to's at one location somewhere.

jmallon
11-21-2009, 04:30 PM
For those that are not willing to spend thousands to get a Hi Pro box and the software to program their hearing aids there is an alternative....

First let me say that adjustments are done early and often not long term. Once you have your aids set "pretty close" to the optimum you are well advised to get used to them and go on about your live.

So, the question here is the initial adjustments. How much money are you willing to spend for them?

I suggest that it is economically sensible to spend as little as $45 per adjustment rather than spend thousands for equipment that will soon be collecting dust. There are plenty of dispensers out there that will adjust your aids, while they are in your ears, for you with minimal office fees.

Save your money for the next generation of hearing aid technology!

cmb427
11-21-2009, 04:45 PM
You dont need to spend thousands to get a hi pro box. The point also isnt so much the money. But instead is to allow you to hear which is after all the only reason we are here, other than the audiologists and disability profiteers. Many audie's simply dont "get it" and have no idea of how devastating being hearing impaired can be on a persons life. Getting an adjustment and "moving on" is not a ******* option for most of us. The struggle to find ways to better your own hearing to the highest degree possible is always there and I am not going to trust something so important to anyone but a medical doctor.

1965mt
11-21-2009, 05:28 PM
For those that are not willing to spend thousands to get a Hi Pro box and the software to program their hearing aids there is an alternative....

First let me say that adjustments are done early and often not long term. Once you have your aids set "pretty close" to the optimum you are well advised to get used to them and go on about your live.

So, the question here is the initial adjustments. How much money are you willing to spend for them?

I suggest that it is economically sensible to spend as little as $45 per adjustment rather than spend thousands for equipment that will soon be collecting dust. There are plenty of dispensers out there that will adjust your aids, while they are in your ears, for you with minimal office fees.

Save your money for the next generation of hearing aid technology!

The trick is finding an audiologist that is willing and able to program the aids. Then they have to listen to you...

jmallon
11-21-2009, 05:34 PM
Hey I agree with cmb427 100%. My point is for those on a budget!

I'm hearing impaired and truthfully hate it! I also have access to a Hi Pro box and can adjust my aids any day of the week.

Over the years I've found that I adjust - new to me aids - a couple of times and then they are "good".

If you have the money by all means go out and buy all the stuff. I don't disagree with that.

However, I believe that in this time of tightening wallets there are those that won't go out and buy all the programming equipment. They should know that they too can get their hearing up to the "Best They Can Be" at about $45, if that, a pop for an adjustment and that it will likely only take a couple of adjustments.

Not getting anywhere with the place you bought your aids?

Go somewhere else and pay an office fee. There are lots of people in the hearing aid business that are good people and will help you. Don't settle for aids on the dresser.

cmb427
11-21-2009, 05:45 PM
I have been dealing with audies for 39 years and I am done with them. Too small of a percentage appear competent as well as honest as well as have the time to spend with you needed.

Getting your own hi pro also deals with these issues-

-I plan to tweak the setting alot more than twice.
-I plan to get other used hearing aids and then send them in to be rebuilt by a repair shop.
-Avoids the possibility of your hearing aid being sabatoged by the audio or whoever. Sounds like that could never happen, but it can and does happen on a massive scale to mostly seniors or people who are in a position not to know better. Its impossible to prove.
-Allows you to send your own aid in to a 3rd party to be repaired, which I trust alot more than the mfr. In fact, I spoke I think here or another site about how a mfr reduced the capabilities of my hearing aid without informing me in order to protect themselves from liability. I am in the process of finding out if I can sue them and/or the audiologists invovled and I will post what I learned here.

jmallon
11-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Cmb427

In your place I would do the same. My post was not aimed at you in any way.

I do believe there are those out there that have not been wearing hearing aids for even a few years and are not happy with the performance they are getting.

To those people only I suggest there are alternatives.

At this point I respectfully bow out of this thread.

pvc
11-23-2009, 09:28 AM
You dont need to spend thousands to get a hi pro box.
The cost is approximately $750 ($600 for a USB Hi=Pro and $150 for the cables). Expensive, yes. But not thousands.

Wayne804
12-03-2009, 07:33 PM
I am trying to go in the same direction as you Juergen as I am a hard core do-it-yourselfer. So far, nothing is easy.

After a few chaotic visits with my audi, I decided that I wanted to pick a HA manufacturer that made its sofware available to the public. There are a few. I picked phonak.

I downloaded and intalled the software iPFG 2.3. No key required and it runs w/o NOAH. It seems very easy to use and has a lot of great features that I know that my audi would never take the time to do with me. Feedback calibration and automatic fine tuning as you listen to different situations as a couple examples.

This is where I am (still lots of unknowns)-

I recently bought a hi pro from ebay for $305.
I need to get a null modem serial cable to connect it to my PC.
I still need to locate drivers to actually run the hi pro.
I need a serial-USB converter cable with its own drivers.
Not sure if all this will work with Vista. If not I'll start over with XP and an older computer with a serial port.

I found some info about programming cables here:
http://www.knowles.com/search/products/h_programming.jsp
Still looking for a distributor, but I know the cable type is a CS-44

If all this fails....

I'll get an iCube and at least be able to program the Audeo YES. I'll keep you posted.
Pax576, I found drivers (software) for the Hi pro by doing a Google search for gn hy pro. They are free downloads.
wayne

pvc
12-03-2009, 08:03 PM
In the future you probably should avoid the compatibility issues involved with the old serial interface boxes because computers no longer have serial ports. Our computers have been switched to USB. See this post (http://www.hearingaidforums.com/showthread.php?p=24798#post24798). They are a little cheaper. You should consider that you are giving huge profits to the sellers since the serial boxes are pretty much obsolete. Buy the USB Hi-Pro instead.

I don't think you need Noah. Run your fitting software standalone.

Some fitting software doesn't run in a 64-bit windows OS. The newer OS (Vista, Win 7) come in 32-bit and 64-bit. Win-Xp even has a 64-bit version.

xbulder
12-04-2009, 05:09 AM
someone knows where to find bernafon oasis

cmb427
12-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Its here, dowload while you can

cmb427
12-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Most of the links are now dead. I managed to get 4 of them a coulple of weeks ago

ed121
12-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Did not find Oasis on the thread mentioned above.

I, too, would like to get a copy of Oasis 10.?. Ed

pvc
12-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Did not find Oasis on the thread mentioned above.

I, too, would like to get a copy of Oasis 10.?. Ed
Try over Here (http://www.hearingaidforums.com/showthread.php?p=27927&#post27927).

pvc
12-04-2009, 04:49 PM
I don't see any access for downloading Oasis 10.1 even if you do create an account. Maybe they hide it like Unitron hides U:Fit.

pvc
12-05-2009, 09:05 AM
Here's how we ended up. These are exact prices including shipping. The links below will break over time due to source archival.

Oticon Epoq XW hearing aids + Streamer (http://cgi.ebay.com/Oticon-XW-RITE-hearing-aids-R-L-bluetooth-streamer_W0QQitemZ120499874568QQcmdZViewItemQQptZL H_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0e5a2b08), $2165

USB Hi-Pro + programming cables and boots (http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330383845157), S$960 / $716 USD

Fitting software, Free

Total price for self-programmable top-of-the-line equipment, $2881

Not having to pay some hustler $6000-$7000, Priceless!

Lancaster
12-05-2009, 01:42 PM
I don't see any access for downloading Oasis 10.1 even if you do create an account. Maybe they hide it like Unitron hides U:Fit.

Unitron isn't hiding U:fit. At least, not very well :p
Does anyone offer a link for Oasis in exchange for a link for U:fit? :D

pvc
12-05-2009, 01:48 PM
I think maybe you mean Unifit (http://www.unitron.com/professionals/fitting_software/unifit/fittingdownloads.htm)and not U:Fit (http://www.unitron.com/professionals/fitting_software/ufit.htm)??

cmb427
12-05-2009, 01:52 PM
unfit lol.

Pvc. Did you win that hearing aid on ebay? When do you get it?

pvc
12-05-2009, 01:56 PM
click the links in the post CMB
unifit (http://www.unitron.com/professionals/fitting_software/unifit/fittingdownloads.htm) not unfit, LOL

Lancaster
12-05-2009, 02:07 PM
I think maybe you mean Unifit and not U:Fit??

I think I know better what I mean. Unifit is the "ancient" software from Unitron. I think it stopped for good in 2007 at version 5.51
U:fit is the new one, current version is 2.1.1, as far as I know.

Anyway, there are working links for U:fit, I will provide one in exchange for an Oasis 10.1 working link.

cmb427
12-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Ah, unifit not unfit my mistake hehe.

Poor starkey, this thread took off in many different directions yet with the same title "dont buy starkey"

pvc
12-05-2009, 02:21 PM
I think I know better what I mean. Unifit is the "ancient" software from Unitron. I think it stopped for good in 2007 at version 5.51
U:fit is the new one, current version is 2.1.1, as far as I know.

Anyway, there are working links for U:fit, I will provide one in exchange for an Oasis 10.1 working link.
I don't know of any downloads for Oasis. If I did I would give it to you.

I found downloads for U:Fit (these (http://www.unitron.com/professionals/fitting_software/ufit/ufitdownloads.htm)). But that's not the U:Fit fitting software.

I guess it will remain your secret, eh?

Lancaster
12-05-2009, 02:40 PM
I guess it will remain your secret, eh?

It is not my secret, but I won't make it public : most likely, Unitron will deactivate the link right away, if it becomes public. Since you are not wearing Unitron aids, you don't need U:fit, anyway.

pvc
12-05-2009, 03:11 PM
It is not my secret, but I won't make it public : most likely, Unitron will deactivate the link right away, if it becomes public. Since you are not wearing Unitron aids, you don't need U:fit, anyway.
I know about the deactivation problems. ;) I just needed to get a sense of what we are talking about. Up until now I have been saying that this was successfully hidden. According to your recent disclosure, that was mis-information wouldn't you agree?

You say they are not hiding it. That seems like mis-information to me. I know about searching.

As a small group of information-needy self-programmers we should learn better ways of talking to each other without spreading mis-information.

Lancaster
12-05-2009, 03:21 PM
You say they are not hiding it. That seems like mis-information to me. I know about searching.
Well, obviously you don't know enough about searching :p

According to some expert's evaluations, Google has access to only 7&#37; of the existing Internet pages. According to some personal evaluations, I think I can find another 7% of the existing Internet pages. Sometimes, I was "determined" enough to make Google able to find more pages than it displayed for first time, sometimes I had to find them myself.

As a small group of information-needy self-programmers we should learn better ways of talking to each other without spreading mis-information.

I'm not spreading any mis-information, but I won't make public those links, that's all. Maybe someone else has a link for Oasis and he will receive those links from me.

pvc
12-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Oh okay grasshopper. It must be a zen thing. ;)

Lancaster
12-05-2009, 03:46 PM
Oh okay grasshopper. It must be a zen thing. ;)

No, it is not a Zen thing, it's a robot thing :) . For example, a human can click on a page name (trying to find another link) about every 2 seconds, that is 30 times in a minute. But a small software like Teleport can "click" a lot faster. An .xlsx file with 10,000 potential names of Internet pages can be generated in no more than 5 minutes. And Teleport will test those potential links in no more than half an hour.

In just two days, Teleport tested 360,000 potential links (36 .xlsx files of 10,000 potential links each) on a certain manufacturer website. And guess what? :p Teleport found more than 6000 real pages! Some of them also have active links on other pages, but Google still didn't find them.

pvc
12-05-2009, 04:18 PM
That's impressive. I will have to take a peek at Teleport when I get some time. I was just wondering, if you applied this amount of search power looking for Oasis and didn't find it then maybe they only mail out disks???

Lancaster
12-05-2009, 04:36 PM
That's impressive. I will have to take a peek at Teleport when I get some time. I was just wondering, if you applied this amount of search power looking for Oasis and didn't find it then maybe they only mail out disks???
I didn't apply yet this method for Oasis, they have an odd structure of their links (.../eprise/main/_downloads/00_Multilingual/... ) and I have an older version of their software. I don't think they only mail out discs, I think I just didn't need their current version bad enough :D

pvc
12-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Fitting software oddities that I noticed:

IPFG 2.4 will not install on a 64-Bit Windows system.

Genie 2009.2 standalone database function fails install on Vista 64-bit Windows. You can enter Audiogram and fit HIs but you have no standalone database functions to save settings to the database.

Genie 2009.2 doesn't allow standalone database option when installing on Windows-7 64-bit. You can enter Audiogram and fit HIs but you have no standalone database functions to save settings to the database.

All these things seem to work fine under Win-XP 32-Bit Windows.

xbulder
12-18-2009, 04:56 PM
You might want to try the Phonak iPFG 2.5a, it may operate properly with the 64 bit systems.

I am running iPFG 2.5 witn no problems on 32 bit Vista using a serial to USB adapter, Toshiba laptop.

The Oticon Genie 2009.2 loads and functions properly up to hooking up aids, don't have Oticon aids, on this 32 bit Vista laptop.

himsa does not support 64 operating systems, therefore it is expected that
IPFG does not run on 64 operating systems.

They claim they will have something compatible with windows 7, and a new Noah 4
next year surely by AAA

lurking
12-18-2009, 09:32 PM
I'm able to use the IPFG 2.5a program while running windows 7 in 64 bit

pvc
12-19-2009, 05:02 PM
son-of-a-gun... So am I ;)

allowingtoo
02-12-2010, 01:56 PM

Ok - you guys are joking - right?

pvc
02-12-2010, 02:02 PM
No! Version 2.5a works on 64-bit.

allowingtoo
02-13-2010, 08:30 AM
Why yes - it DOES - how about that?

Running on a new Lenovo U350 64 bit Windows 7.

pvc
02-26-2010, 09:41 AM
I'm looking for ReSound fitting software Aventa 2.9

I can download older versions (2.6 and 2.7) from the manufacturer's website. But these only support devices up to the Resound be. It does not have the newer ReSound Live device listed and it doesn't recognize the Live(s) as connected devices.

Please send me an email message if you know where to find Aventa 2.9.

Bahamapapa
03-06-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm Test Driving Oticon Dual Mini C7's and looking for Genie 2009.2 (or Later) fitting software. This Forum is Awesome, I've been reading it for hours and learned so much. Thanks.

mbeck
03-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Lots of good info here! I have been reading the thread and have learned a lot.

My wife has a new Phonak Certéna HS.
We want to get into self programming. I have the iFpg software. Is the only other thing I need a cable? I see that the phonak programming chart says that the HA needs a 312 size cable. Do I need another box? or plug that cable into the PC?

If that is all I need, does anyone have a source for these cables?

Thanks!

bigbank
03-26-2010, 09:51 AM
Does anyone know where I can get a stand-alone version of the Starkey programming software?

I'm using a Starkey Destiny and recently bought a hipro box, but can't seem to find the Starkey software anywhere. The manufacturer is no help at all, anyone have any ideas?
<!-- / message -->

alpine1
03-26-2010, 09:57 AM
You will need a HiPro programmer as well.
http://www.usnewsound.com/goods.php?id=61

We want to get into self programming. I have the iFpg software. Is the only other thing I need a cable? I see that the phonak programming chart says that the HA needs a 312 size cable. Do I need another box? or plug that cable into the PC?

Thanks!

pvc
03-26-2010, 10:24 AM

Thanks!
Click on the links below and you will see that the cables connect to a Hi-Pro (not to a PC). Previously the cables were available from EBay Singapore but he seems to be on vacation at this point.

pvc
03-26-2010, 10:55 AM
the phonak programming chart says that the HA needs a 312 size cable.
I think you are confusing the battery size with the cable number. Look in the Professional section of the manufacturer's website. It shows (CS-44 A) cables for Certena.

http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww19/pvc_photos/pc.jpg

aero777
03-26-2010, 12:35 PM

Thanks!

iPFG shows plug-in cable 312 for the Certena ITC/HS aids.

You can try to order from: Hearing Loss Help Co. (http://www.hearing-loss-help-co.com/index1.html?c57.html&1) click on "Programming Equipment (8)" in the light blue shaded box. Be sure to include the make and the exact model, example: Phonak Certena ITC/HS P daz Petite. It may take awhile to get because they have to order the cable before shipping it. You might want to get the cables before ordering the USB Hi Pro incase the cables aren't available. Hope this helps.

pvc
03-26-2010, 12:44 PM
Good job aero777... for looking inside the fitting software.

EdenMar
05-23-2010, 02:45 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a stand-alone version of the Starkey programming software? I had the same thought, but ...

After an extensive Google search, my question is, does Starkey have a stand-alone version, at all? Based on the results of my search, I suspect not.

My search was not for Starkey programming software, but for Starkey Inspire OS 3.1.

If anyone has information that stand-alone exists, please let us know.

xbulder
05-23-2010, 03:09 PM
I had the same thought, but ...

After an extensive Google search, my question is, does Starkey have a stand-alone version, at all? Based on the results of my search, I suspect not.

My search was not for Starkey programming software, but for Starkey Inspire OS 3.1.

If anyone has information that stand-alone exists, please let us know.

yes they do...

arni
05-23-2010, 03:30 PM
I have the Oticon cable #3 for programming of Agil RITE. What kind of programming shoes do I need? What is the product number?

xbulder
05-23-2010, 09:16 PM
I have the Oticon cable #3 for programming of Agil RITE. What kind of programming shoes do I need? What is the product number?

flex connect cable

or nearcom

arni
05-24-2010, 04:58 AM
flex connect cable

or nearcom

I have the HiPro. Is the flex connect cable for ITE only?

http://www.gaia.oticonus.com/eprise/main/Oticon/US_en/_images/one_column/CablesAndPlugs/flexConn390-01-180-05.jpg

Nearcom is wireless, so that is another system.

pvc
05-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Arni;
Go to the Professional section of the Website. Click products/Agil/Downloads.

Then download the Fitting Guide PDF file to get info like this:

http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww19/pvc_photos/afg-1.jpg

pvc
05-25-2010, 12:56 PM
I saw an iCube auction on EBay. For programming cables use Craiglook.com to do a nation-wide Craigslist title search.

FrastNH
05-25-2010, 07:38 PM
@PVC,
Yea, I saw that too. but I don't think it is going to sell in auction price because I saw that the seller already sold 2 iCubes $400 each. I would spend $$$ in hi-pro than $300 in phonak iCube, because hi-pro programs all brands of HIs.

pvc
01-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Does someone have Oticon Genie version 2010.2 or newer?
I will send you an email.

SiR_hC
04-20-2011, 03:06 AM
I will send you an email.

Could you please send it to me too??? my email is varikoia.blog@gmail.com

SiR_hC
04-27-2011, 05:36 AM
Could anyone please send me the latest Starkey and Siemens fitiing software??

Thank you in advance

nlewis
04-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Yes I am trying to find the Siemens software too so if anyone can help it would be appreciated. I am also looking for ExpressFit 5 for my Sonic Innovations Innova hearing aids. I have ExpressFit 6.4 but it no longer includes Innova. I plan to get a Hi-pro but need to be sure I can get the software before it will do me any good.

jwd
06-24-2011, 06:33 PM
I own a pair of Resound Metrix MX80's... I bought 'em on eBay several years ago. I spilled super glue on / in one a couple years back (I know --:eek:), it got fussy, so I quit wearing 'em; I recently had it repaired (recased) and started wearing 'em again. They work fine, I'm happy with 'em, just want the programming upated. Local audi won't re-program them for me, he says they're "black market", and the manufacturer will confiscate them... I think he's just being a jerk. Location is isolated (Alaska), can't go somewhere else easily... I want to program them myself.

Lots of good info here... but I'm unsure precisely what I need to program these units. Looks like I need Aventa software, so I downloaded several versions - not sure which version(s) will support these units. I've gotten v2.6, v2.7, v2.9 & v3.1, hope I don't need to find an older version. Which is compatible / recommended ?

Also, I'll apparently need CS-44 cables, if I've read right. Doesn't appear it'll be too difficult to get ahold of those...

Apparently I also need an interface box, either HiPro or NOAHlink... I gather the HA's connect to the interface box, which connects to the computer (via USB?), and the software will then establish a connection to the HA's -- right? So, which type of box is best / most versatile? These are probably not the only HA's I'll ever own... (if so I wouldn't bother doing this).

Also, the Aventa software specs says it's compatible with NOAH database version 2 / 3.1 / 3.12 REM / 3.6 (depending on version of Aventa) -- but I've read that this isn't required to program my own HA's, it's used to store (many) patients' data. Is that correct, or do I need NOAH db sofware, too?

I hope someone knowledgable will help provide guidance / advice. I'm a computer programmer, database analyst, network systems engineer... so I think I can probably handle this seemingly simple setup -- just need to know the right parts to assemble. Also, I do expect to upgrade HA's someday, it'd be wisest to use components that won't become obsolete in the short term.

Thanks for help,
Woody

pvc
06-24-2011, 11:35 PM
First of all you don't need NOAHlink.

Also, (generally) new vendor software releases are for the purposes of supporting the latest hardware. So they generally support all of the older hardware. But not ancient stuff.

I don't know about your model... Though, sometimes you need programming boots in addition to the programming cables. HiPro is the most versatile device to connect your HAs to programming software.

pvc
06-24-2011, 11:43 PM
Also HiPros connect to your PC as serial (cheap) and USB (more expensive). I vote for the USB hiPro to avoid setup problems.

Normandy
06-25-2011, 01:21 AM
I own a pair of Resound Metrix MX80's... I bought 'em on eBay several years ago. I spilled super glue on / in one a couple years back (I know --:eek:), it got fussy, so I quit wearing 'em; I recently had it repaired (recased) and started wearing 'em again. They work fine, I'm happy with 'em, just want the programming upated. Local audi won't re-program them for me, he says they're "black market", and the manufacturer will confiscate them... I think he's just being a jerk. Location is isolated (Alaska), can't go somewhere else easily... I want to program them myself.

Lots of good info here... but I'm unsure precisely what I need to program these units. Looks like I need Aventa software, so I downloaded several versions - not sure which version(s) will support these units. I've gotten v2.6, v2.7, v2.9 & v3.1, hope I don't need to find an older version. Which is compatible / recommended ?

Also, I'll apparently need CS-44 cables, if I've read right. Doesn't appear it'll be too difficult to get ahold of those...

Apparently I also need an interface box, either HiPro or NOAHlink... I gather the HA's connect to the interface box, which connects to the computer (via USB?), and the software will then establish a connection to the HA's -- right? So, which type of box is best / most versatile? These are probably not the only HA's I'll ever own... (if so I wouldn't bother doing this).

Also, the Aventa software specs says it's compatible with NOAH database version 2 / 3.1 / 3.12 REM / 3.6 (depending on version of Aventa) -- but I've read that this isn't required to program my own HA's, it's used to store (many) patients' data. Is that correct, or do I need NOAH db sofware, too?

I hope someone knowledgable will help provide guidance / advice. I'm a computer programmer, database analyst, network systems engineer... so I think I can probably handle this seemingly simple setup -- just need to know the right parts to assemble. Also, I do expect to upgrade HA's someday, it'd be wisest to use components that won't become obsolete in the short term.

Thanks for help,
Woody

I hope you get it figured out. I think you will enjoy the journey figuring out the specific sound settings that work best for you. Why in the world would he call your hearing aids "black market", particularly after they have just been repaired and the manufacturer didn't confiscate them at that time.

And I don't think they could take them from you. They sold them to someone and you bought them from someone. Why would ReSound have the right to "confiscate" them?

aero777
06-25-2011, 12:37 PM

Thanks for help,
Woody

I can tell you’ve done your research here. It’s been about 2 yrs since I programmed my mini Matrix, but I think I used Aventa 2.7. Your model hearing aid should be listed in the hearing aid selection area.

Your right, you don’t need the Noah data base as Aventa runs as a standalone program.

The NoahLink programming box is pretty hard to find and the only advantage is it connects to the PC via Bluetooth so you’re not tethered to the computer. It’s nice, but being tethered is not really that big of a deal. Also, there is an older serial HiPro that requires a serial to USB converter to work with newer PCs. Some people have reported problems getting the converter setup. I think your best choice for a programming box is the USB HiPro and it’ll work with many different models and styles of hearing aids. The CS-44 cables connect the hearing aids to the HiPro or NoahLink, whichever you get. Some hearing aids require a boot or a flex strip to attach to the hearing aids, but I think the MX-80 has a socket to plug the cable in directly.

ed121
06-25-2011, 02:18 PM
The CS44 cable is popular but does not fit several brands. Ed

regal1945
06-25-2011, 03:28 PM
:mad: Second pair of Merical Ear aids, Paid 6K a few years back, never have worked well, lots of background noise and after taking them back to Sears dozens of times finally lived with them, they squeal on the phone and most the time. took them to Sears and wanted volume turned down and they say sorry no software too old, WTF. then they want to sell me new behind the ear aids for $8500. I walk out fo over to Cosco and buy a pair of behind the ear for $1900, remote volume and the whole smear. Sears and Sawbuck can KMA! they are nothing but a big scam! The new Cosco (Rexon work great no problems at all. Be warned stay far from Sears aids as you can get!:(:(:(

jwd
07-01-2011, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the replies...

So, I found another local audi who seemed a little more helpful... but he doesn't do much work with Resound HA's. I visited him, he had to load the Aventa software on his computer (v3.x). Then he scrounged around looking for the right cables, and eventually told me he wouldn't be able to program these units because he didn't have the right boots for them; I told him I didn't think they needed boots, the cables should plug directly into the HA -- he looked at 'em and realized I was right.

Finally got it all set up, and found out Aventa v3.x doesn't support these older models (Metrix). I told him he just needed to load an older version of the software, but he was reluctant... ultimately, he was unable to program the units for me, and I may be back to square one -- forced to acquire the equipment to program them myself.

I told him I'd read on Resound website (at the software download FAQ) that v2.9 and v3.x can coexist on the same computer without conflict... and I'd suspect he could load an even older version, like v2.7 (mentioned in a previous post -- thanks, aero777) without a problem -- but he didn't have any older versions onhand, and I was unable to advise with certainty which version he'd need to use.

I suppose I could install it on my own computer, one version at a time in reverse order, until I find the latest version that supports these units... but if anyone knows for certain and can save me the trouble I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks,
~W

BayouBill
09-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Yes I am trying to find the Siemens software too so if anyone can help it would be appreciated. I am also looking for ExpressFit 5 for my Sonic Innovations Innova hearing aids. I have ExpressFit 6.4 but it no longer includes Innova. I plan to get a Hi-pro but need to be sure I can get the software before it will do me any good.

I'm a newbie to self programming and enjoying following this thread. I'm surprised nobody has discussed thehearingcompany.com. They specialize in Siemens and sell the Hi-pro USB with cables and software for $695. Seems a little expensive but not outrageous. They also sell the complete line of Siemens HAs. Has anyone tried this source?

corona
09-15-2011, 11:40 PM
I'm trying to convince another sound-tech friend to go in with me on a Hi-Pro box. I've got GN Resound Azure aids, and it's very nice that Resound makes their stand-alone fitting software freely available.

But my friend has Oticon Epoq aids. I understand Oticon's Genie software works stand-alone -- i.e. without NOAH -- but we can't find it anywhere.

Does anyone have or know where to find the Genie software?

alpine1
09-16-2011, 04:35 AM
This (http://www.hearingaidforums.com/showthread.php?t=3408) might be what your looking for :)
Best of luck in your quest to be a self programmer.
Many of us here enjoy that route already.

I'm trying to convince another sound-tech friend to go in with me on a Hi-Pro box. I've got GN Resound Azure aids, and it's very nice that Resound makes their stand-alone fitting software freely available.

But my friend has Oticon Epoq aids. I understand Oticon's Genie software works stand-alone -- i.e. without NOAH -- but we can't find it anywhere.

Does anyone have or know where to find the Genie software?

corona
09-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Thanks, alpine1! Unfortunately that link takes you a password-protected download for the latest version. I'd be happy to have an older version of Genie, even, as long as it would work with the Epoqs. But I have so far been unsuccessful! Funny how some manufacturers are just fine with making their software available, and others not so much.

corona
09-17-2011, 11:31 PM
Probelm solved, post deleted -- I was trying to figure out how to connect the CS44 to the Resound Azure AZ60-DI, and finally found the connector under a silicone cover on the back of the aid.

psyron
03-23-2012, 03:33 AM
If someone in Europe is interested to buy a USB HI-PRO i can recommend the following seller - I just bough mine for 300$ from him and everything was fine:

DOĞUŞ MEDİKAL TİÇ.VE SAN.LTD.ŞTİ.
KALE MAH OSMANİYE CAD. 8/L
SAMSUN/TURKEY
LORECa Hearing Aids
TEL:03624315758
FAX:03624317335
sales (attt) oreca (dotttt) com

v255666
04-12-2012, 07:36 PM
hi Im very interrest!!! please How can I buy this hi-pro please?
new agil pro miniRite use!

If someone in Europe is interested to buy a USB HI-PRO i can recommend the following seller - I just bough mine for 300$ from him and everything was fine:

DOĞUŞ MEDİKAL TİÇ.VE SAN.LTD.ŞTİ.
SAMSUN/TURKEY
LORECa Hearing Aids

pvc
04-15-2012, 07:57 AM
hi Im very interrest!!! please How can I buy this hi-pro please?
new agil pro miniRite use!
http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww19/pvc_photos/Capture-66.jpg

pvc
04-15-2012, 08:07 AM

DOĞUŞ MEDİKAL Tİ&#199;.VE SAN.LTD.ŞTİ.
SAMSUN/TURKEY
LORECa Hearing Aids

I think you meant Loreca.com (not oreca) :)

pvc
04-22-2012, 07:17 AM
Thanks psyron. I checked on their prices for shipment to USA and they are 50USD less than the Ebay China-to-USA price.

How much for a USB Hi-Pro shipped to a USA address?
>>pricing of USB Hipro is 475USD.
>>The freight is about 65~70USD(estimated).
**475 US dollars = 359.4401 euros
**70 US dollars = 52.9701 euros
?? Customs

pvc
08-31-2012, 07:21 AM
Bump for another member,

werwinn
09-01-2012, 05:32 AM
To anyone that can help

"5. I would like to look at the Compass software before having my aids reprogrammed ......... save time - increase my options - possibly better first fit ...... "

The above is from
hearingaidforums.com/showthread.php?p=89528#post89528

Thanks in advance,
Richard

PM possible

nicksterFL
02-25-2014, 04:23 PM
Does anyone know where I can buy a new or used AHPro 3 usb device to do my own programming?

I have the rebranded America Hears HA. Bought them at sams club under the "Liberty" brand name.

livestrong2012
06-23-2014, 08:34 PM
Hi there everyone! I am new to the forum, and an owner of a new pair of Starkey i110 Halo's. I am really hoping I will be able to do some programming of my own on the HA's.

After not getting anywhere on my own research looking for the Starkey Inspire Software and the Trulink Programmer, I wondered if you guys might be able to point me in the right direction.

Hope to hear back soon, thanks in advanced for your help!

HATech
06-24-2014, 08:33 AM
If anyone is interested I have a NEARCOM and a NoahLink that I'd be willing to sell. I also have a copy of Widex software, so if you have a later model HA from them, the NEARCOM would be a complete system. I don't have the ribbon cables to connect the NoahLink or the HiPro to every type of hearing aid so there would still be some parts for you to assemble in order to make them work, but I can give some advice on how to get them.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone is interested I have a NEARCOM and a NoahLink that I'd be willing to sell. I also have a copy of Widex software, so if you have a later model HA from them, the NEARCOM would be a complete system. I don't have the ribbon cables to connect the NoahLink or the HiPro to every type of hearing aid so there would still be some parts for you to assemble in order to make them work, but I can give some advice on how to get them.

Terost
06-27-2014, 07:53 PM
What version of Compass do you have and do you have the compass GPS software too? I have a USB link.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

What version of Compass do you have and do you have the compass GPS software too? I have a USB link.

- - - Updated - - -

HATech
06-29-2014, 10:18 AM

- - - Updated - - -

I believe I have the latest version of Compass and I do have Compass GPS. Do you have Dream hearing aids? When you say that you already have USB link, is that a programming device? I'm not familiar with that term. Is it a NOAHlink or something similar?

Terost
07-20-2014, 01:08 PM
My widex is the Super 440 BTE's and the widex USB link is a programming interface device. It is a radio transmitter and receiver that communicates with my aids when used with the Compass software installed in a computer. NOAHlink is a software and used to program advanced hearing aids.

Doc Jake
07-20-2014, 02:21 PM
My widex is the Super 440 BTE's and the widex USB link is a programming interface device. It is a radio transmitter and receiver that communicates with my aids when used with the Compass software installed in a computer. NOAHlink is a software and used to program advanced hearing aids.

wrong.. it's basically the wireless version of the HI-PRO. it is just the interface between the computer and the hearing aids.

- - - Updated - - -

wrong.. it's basically the wireless version of the HI-PRO. it is just the interface between the computer and the hearing aids.

joedy
07-21-2014, 09:53 AM
I've been attempting to download the Connexx 7 Tutorial from the Siemens site, but the page keeps timing out.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fhearing.siemens.com%2FResources%2 FLiterature%2F_Global%2Fproducts%2FConnexx%2FConne xx7_tutorial_2013-03_en.pdf%3F__blob%3DpublicationFile&ei=BSDNU4r4BunKsQTVxoK4Cg&usg=AFQjCNFOOBH4UJIOsu8wilC8LiU56FOHpQ

Does anyone have a copy that they can either email to me or direct me to an alternative download location?

Thank you for your help.

-joedy
joedydrulia@hotmail.com

hear293
07-21-2014, 08:35 PM
Sent you a email with info.