Thread: America Hears vs HearSource

Default America Hears vs HearSource

I currently wear SeboTek 510's RIC which I absolutely hate, mostly due to the fact that they absolutely will not stay in my ears. I have to push them back in every couple of minutes. As they are 5-6 years old I am looking at open fits, and since I do not want to give my audiologist a chunk of cash I am looking at America Hears vs Hear Source. I am mostly concerned with speech recognition and especially speech in noise.
    Any opinions out there on which would be the better way to go? Opinions on ADRO vs. WDRC for speech recognition?

Quote Originally Posted by wired View Post
    I currently wear SeboTek 510's RIC which I absolutely hate, mostly due to the fact that they absolutely will not stay in my ears. I have to push them back in every couple of minutes. As they are 5-6 years old I am looking at open fits, and since I do not want to give my audiologist a chunk of cash I am looking at America Hears vs Hear Source. I am mostly concerned with speech recognition and especially speech in noise.
    Any opinions out there on which would be the better way to go? Opinions on ADRO vs. WDRC for speech recognition?
    Why don't you try both and let us know which is better for you? I mean, it doesn't cost anything to try them.

I have used AH and they work well for me. I have not used HS but would not hesitate to try them. The reason I chose AH is because they're only a 20 minute drive from me. I kind of cheated because I got fitted in their office and they also did the first adjustment over the internet - while I was wearing the aids. That was cool. After that, I made several custom programs. Both companies provide excellent service/support. The biggest reason that people use these companies is that you can adjust them yourself without making multiple office visits.

Please note that you'll have to invest much time in learning the software and experimenting with adjustments. If you're a hands on type of person, it will be a fun experience. If you're not, well, that's what they make audiologists for.
    250hz - 15
    500hz - 15
    750hz - 30
    1Khz - 45
    2Khz - 65
    4Khz - 60
    8Khz - 50

Both ears are the same

Thanks for the response, Bigbeck. Since my boss asked me to start wearing my HA's at work, I remembered why I stopped wearing them in the first place - because the fit is so bad they will not stay in my ears and I have to push them back in my ears every few minutes - especially if I am eating or talking. After wearing them for awhile though, I realize that I LIKE being able to hear again! I will probably try AH because after reading the posts it looks like the ADRO might be better for speech recognition than the WDRC. I am also hoping the concha lock - which my Sebotecs do not have, (nor does Sebotec even offer one) will remedy the problem of the HA's not staying in my ears.
    Got my audiogram scheduled for this afternoon and then I will call AH with plenty of questions.
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by wired; 05-18-2011 at 12:16 PM.