Thread: Siemens Touching

1. Default Siemens Touching

I was browsing on EBay, and came across the Siemens Touching, a low cost digital ready-to-wear BTE aid. Has anyone purchased this aid or had experience with it? Gerald

http://cgi.ebay.com/Siemens-High-Pow...item2eb52d29a1

I bought two Lotus 13P's from this guy. The Touching model seems to be a step down with no telecoil and only a single bass cut trimmer. Judging by how well the 13P's work, I'd give Touching a try. Chances are good that you may like them better than your Acoustitone aid. I'm saying this because the low-cut trimmer is variable on the Siemens and your current aid has only a fixed cut.

Look up this guys customers that bought the aids a few months ago and shoot them an email. I did that prior to buying the 13P's. All 4 customers that I contacted liked the aids and the seller. This particular seller takes care of his elderly father who also wears these inexpensive HA's. I think he uses the 13P or 23P.

I'd like to try the Touching model but since being spoiled by a home loop system, it would be useless to me. With the loop system, my wife or son can turn the TV volume down to a whisper and it doesn't affect the volume or clarity that comes through my aids. It's like listening to TV and music through high quality headphones - without the bulkiness.

Don
    250hz - 15
    500hz - 15
    750hz - 30
    1Khz - 45
    2Khz - 65
    4Khz - 60
    8Khz - 50

Both ears are the same

3. Default Touching VS 13P

Are both the same size? Sounds like Touching would be simpler to operate and would it take an open fit tube like the 13p? I am at 612 721 3104 thanks,STeve
    Last edited by 234satyaki; 08-13-2011 at 11:15 AM. Reason: phone

I was browsing on EBay, and came across the Siemens Touching, a low cost digital aid.

Hey, Broadway, good query.

Could you tell us about your next steps, and review?

THANK YOU!

Elijah

5. Default

I am extremely satisfied with my pair of Siemens Touching aids which I have been wearing continuously every day for 14 hours a day since March of 2012. They are robust and reliable and the size 13 battery typically lasts three to four weeks. The sound is open and natural and has an analog quality to it. Outdoors, the compression mode effectively suppresses annoying traffic and wind noise. All in all, for less than $200 a pair, they are a great value, even better than my analog Acoustitone Pros. Gerald

Siemens Touching, a low cost digital aid.

Hey, Broadway, good query.

Could you tell us about your next steps, and review?

THANK YOU!

Elijah[/QUOTE]

6. Default

I first had the Acoustitones (think those are the MD analogue aids, correct?) Picked up a pair of the Siemens Touching several months later because they had more adjustments and were digital with similar sound and reportedly feedback suppression. Yes they were a little better and did help some with keeping feedback at bay, but they were same LARGE size behind the ear with the fat tubes.

Just a little more expensive at $300 each if you get two, are the MD Air digital aids, of which I have just one, as I knew I was buying a pair of KS5s from Costco shortly at the time I bought it. IMO it is a much better experience. Small form factor behind the ear, though thick enough to still take the robust 13 battery, and has the smaller form shaped tubing for each ear.

Quote Originally Posted by ronfab1 View Post
    I first had the Acoustitones (think those are the MD analogue aids, correct?) Picked up a pair of the Siemens Touching several months later because they had more adjustments and were digital with similar sound and reportedly feedback suppression. Yes they were a little better and did help some with keeping feedback at bay, but they were same LARGE size behind the ear with the fat tubes.

Just a little more expensive at $300 each if you get two, are the MD Air digital aids, of which I have just one, as I knew I was buying a pair of KS5s from Costco shortly at the time I bought it. IMO it is a much better experience. Small form factor behind the ear, though thick enough to still take the robust 13 battery, and has the smaller form shaped tubing for each ear.
    How much different and/or better were (or are) the Kirkland KS5's compared to the very inexpensive, larger MD Air Digital aids? I only ask because I just ponied up the $$ for a pair of Rexton Quintra 2c's from Costco (Similar to the Siemens Strata 18 I am told. Or was it rexton Strata 18?) Either way, I committed to the Rexton Quintra 2c's hoping and believing they use superior technology and will serve my moderate loss in a more effective way. Yes? No?

[

Ron fab. PLEASE let us know how the KS5 aids compare.

My hunch is that many of us could do pretty well with the AIR .

Or is that nuts?

Thanks a lot for teaching us,

Elijah

QUOTE=groberts;103120]How much different and/or better were (or are) the Kirkland KS5's compared to the very inexpensive, larger MD Air Digital aids? I only ask because I just ponied up the $$ for a pair of Rexton Quintra 2c's from Costco (Similar to the Siemens Strata 18 I am told. Or was it rexton Strata 18?) Either way, I committed to the Rexton Quintra 2c's hoping and believing they use superior technology and will serve my moderate loss in a more effective way. Yes? No?[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by elijahlovejoy View Post
    Ron fab. PLEASE let us know how the KS5 aids compare.
    He already did 10 days ago

Here you go... http://www.hearingaidforums.com/show...D-Hearing-aids
    ---250---500---1k---2k---3k---4k---6k---8k
    L--10----10----10---35---55---50---45---40
    R--10
    ----10----15---55---60---55---60---55

10. Default

^^^ Thanks palmfish, I have been doing things all day and did not see these follow up questions.

Elijah, if someone was coming from no hearing aid help ever, and needing help, I would agree the MD Airs would do reasonably well for you and seem like a major improvement. When you move into the custom programmed for each frequency hearing loss aids like the KS5 and others and the feedback suppression and the directionality from those that talk to one another, it's another major bump up in the performance level that will help even more.