Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need HELP on Oticon Hearing Aids, please!

I'm interested in the aftermarket lapel mic you have mentioned seb. Do you have any thoughts as to who sells this? I'm using the streamer with a plantronics bluetooth coupled with my desk phone but the person on the other end tells me it's as if I'm in a barrel. I'd like to find out more about this lapel mic if possible.
    Hz.....250.....500.....750......1K......1.5K...... 2K.......3K
    R.......40.......60.......70.......75......100.... ..105......110
    L.......Cochlea Implant

Soonerman,
    The lapel mic that I have was purchased at Fry's Electronics. I don't remember how much it cost but I will find out what the make and model is and let you know.
    Scott
    Oticon Agil Pro w/streamer

-250 500 1000 1500 2000 3000 4000 6000 8000
    L 10--5----10----30---50----70----85---80---80
    R 5--10----20----35---45----85----85--100--100

SP Disc ------------- SRT
    L 88% @55db ------- L-10
    R 90% @55db------- R-25

Thank you Scott..
    L.......Cochlea Implant

Soonerman
    The mic is made by Phillips and is a tie clip microphone model # LFH9173. It comes with 2.5 & 3.5 mm adapters so it probably will work on Phonak Icom's also. My wife says she can't tell the difference between the streamer mic and the lapel mic, but several friends say the lapel mic sounds better. My wife has HA's which might play into her opinion on the mics sound quality.
    Scott
    Oticon Agil Pro w/streamer

-250 500 1000 1500 2000 3000 4000 6000 8000
    L 10--5----10----30---50----70----85---80---80
    R 5--10----20----35---45----85----85--100--100

SP Disc ------------- SRT
    L 88% @55db ------- L-10
    R 90% @55db------- R-25

5. Default

Hi I am new here from Australia.
    I don't want to hijack this post but my question is in the same category.
    I am in need of hearing aids for mild to moderate age related hearing loss. Being a Senior I am able to get free basic digital hearing aids from the Government.
    After my hearing tests I was shown a Oticon ino BTE. All free with annual fee of $39.95 AUD for all batteries and service, tweeking etc. As I am permitted to pay the difference (top up) for a HA with more functions and thus more costly, I asked about the Oticon ino pro miniRITE.
    The difference I would have to pay would be $2990 AUD. Gulp!
    I have seen one site advertising the difference from the BTE to the miniRITE HA was a mere $50!!
    Any ideas and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Scott, Thanks a bunch for the information. KittyKat, I don't know the answer but it does sound high. Probably should start a separate thread and ask the board about it.
    L.......Cochlea Implant

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKate44 View Post
    Hi I am new here from Australia.
    I don't want to hijack this post but my question is in the same category.
    I am in need of hearing aids for mild to moderate age related hearing loss. Being a Senior I am able to get free basic digital hearing aids from the Government.
    After my hearing tests I was shown a Oticon ino BTE. All free with annual fee of $39.95 AUD for all batteries and service, tweeking etc. As I am permitted to pay the difference (top up) for a HA with more functions and thus more costly, I asked about the Oticon ino pro miniRITE.
    The difference I would have to pay would be $2990 AUD. Gulp!
    I have seen one site advertising the difference from the BTE to the miniRITE HA was a mere $50!!
    Any ideas and opinions would be greatly appreciated.
    The INO family DOES have a mini rite, it is not necessary to go for a Ino PRO.
    Get the Ino mini rite...

8. Default

From top to Bottom the line goes Agil, Acto, Ino. Acto replaced the Vigo. The 2 Oticons I fit the most as an audiologist are the Agils and the Acto Pro's. Agils are top of the line and I would recommend for someone who is very active and in very dynamic changing environments. The higher up the line of Oticons you go the better it's going to perform in noise. There is little difference between the regular RITE and the Mini's, thus there is very little difference in price. The minis are smaller and do not have a volume control. If vanity is not an issue, I prefer the regular size. The connectline is AWESOME and if you're going to buy at elast 2 pieces (TV, Landline, lapel Mic) you might as well get the whole package it's usually cheaper to buy the package. I have my Nana in a pair of Acto Pro's. I like the Pro's in this level because they binaurally talk to each other so you don;t have to adjust volume individually. Audiologists get different discounts when they purchase hearing aids form the manufacturer. If they order 60 Oticons a month they are likely to get them cheaper than an audiologist who only buys 3 a month so if one audiologist prices them higher to you, it does not necessarily mean they are ripping you off. Also, ask what the price includes? Does it include unlimited or a specific number of follow up office visits. Agils go from anywhere of $6500 on discount to as much as $10k. Expect to pay $7-8k/pair. Acto pros are $4-5k. Ino's are not bad hearing aids they are just very basic aids without many bells and whistles and not as much clarity in background noise. Good Luck!

9. Default

Thanks for the replies and advice.
    I have found another provider who can offer me a pair of Oticon ino pro miniRITE for $1540 AUD less than the previous provider who deals only in Oticon.
    He wasn't able to match that. The other Audi can get me Oticon but I have been told he likes Starkies so I need to do some more research.
    After speaking to the OHS (Office of Hearing Services) I will be transferring over to the second Audiologist once my relocation letter arrives. Thanks again.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    hi there, it sounds like you almost have a similar hearing loss to me. I have tried similar ones to those but I would certainly recommend the Oticon Chilli which comes in 3 different ranges and you can have a normal earmould - the only downside is the price!! The sounds are not far off - they don't suit me at the moment as they are useless in music!! Julia
    Thanks for your reply! Do they have a RITE or minRITE for Chili?
    What about the price? how much did you get your Chili from your audiologist?
    Thanks again!