Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: The new Starkey's Xino 70 model

  1. Default The new Starkey's Xino 70 model

    Hi all,

    I have severe to profound loss, with quite serious loss in high frequency sounds.....that's why I am interested and so excited in trying out the new Xino model which is the smaller version of the new X series.

    Starkey's website has the data that shows the Xino 110 (upper class) has 20dB noise reduction strength (maximum), while the Xino 90 is 8dB (Moderate), and Xino 70 is 6dB (Light)....if you see my audiogram below, will it contribute greatly to improve my ability to hear clearly in noisy situation? I always have been struggling with hearing in noisy environment such as restaurant, party, etc. I have been told that from frequency 3k to 8k I have no hearing at all....is it true?

    Here is my audiogram, .... will Xino series 70 with 70dB receiver Absolute Power(AP) be enough for my hearing loss:

    .....250....500......1k......2k......3k.......4k.. ....8k
    L.....45......55......65......95......95......100. . ....100
    R.....45......50......60......90......110.....110. . ....110

    How much is the lowest/best price for the custom power mold receiver cost per each mold? (my audi said I need to make custom mold if I decided to get the 60 or 80dB power receiver, he need to made the mold and send it to Starkey for them to make the special mold and put the receiver inside the mold and there is a charge for it, around $200/ each mold )....

    How much is the Xino 70 cost in the market (normally / average price)?

  2. Default

    Also does Xino 70 has same feature as X series 70 RIC? (besides the difference on size and battery size)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    2,761

    Default

    Shushi,
    Get your earmolds done at Costco they charge $80 for both. You seam to be fishing for the best deal and I don't think you can beat their price for the molds.
    Oticon Agil Pro w/streamer

    -250 500 1000 1500 2000 3000 4000 6000 8000
    L 10--5----10----30---50----70----85---80---80
    R 5--10----20----35---45----85----85--100--100

    SP Disc ------------- SRT
    L 88% @55db ------- L-10
    R 90% @55db------- R-25

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Salem, Massachusetts
    Posts
    310

    Default

    $200 per mold is less than I was quoted. I was quoted $300 per mold, but I traded away a year's warranty to get it down to something more reasonable.

    I am not comfortable with those kind of molds. i.e. the receiver built into the mold and not replaceable. I probably worry overmuch, but I just couldn't relax knowing that a receiver failure would take 2 weeks to get fix.

    It is one of the reasons why I decided on the Futures.
    0250.Hz L-70 R-55
    0500.Hz L-75 R-65
    1000.Hz L-80 R-80
    2000.Hz L-80 R-85
    3000.Hz L-80 R-85
    4000.Hz L-80 R-80
    6000.Hz L-75 R-80
    8000.Hz L-80 R-75

    WRS:
    L 84% @ 105 dB
    R 40% @ 105 dB
    Both= 76%

    Resound Future (Costco)
    Formerly Starkey Destiny 1200

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seb View Post
    Shushi,
    Get your earmolds done at Costco they charge $80 for both. You seam to be fishing for the best deal and I don't think you can beat their price for the molds.
    Thanks but is it RIC (receiver in the canal) type of mold? the one that I am quoted for is for Starkey's RIC Absolute Power RIC mold....do you know how much is it in Costco?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    2,761

    Default

    Sushi,
    No I don't, but you might be able to find out at Costco.com then go to the hearing aid heading.
    Oticon Agil Pro w/streamer

    -250 500 1000 1500 2000 3000 4000 6000 8000
    L 10--5----10----30---50----70----85---80---80
    R 5--10----20----35---45----85----85--100--100

    SP Disc ------------- SRT
    L 88% @55db ------- L-10
    R 90% @55db------- R-25

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    $200 per mold is less than I was quoted. I was quoted $300 per mold, but I traded away a year's warranty to get it down to something more reasonable.

    I am not comfortable with those kind of molds. i.e. the receiver built into the mold and not replaceable. I probably worry overmuch, but I just couldn't relax knowing that a receiver failure would take 2 weeks to get fix.

    It is one of the reasons why I decided on the Futures.
    Were you quoted $300 for each mold for Starkey's Absolute Power RIC custom mold? because that's what mine was quoted for.
    Also is it true that the RIC mold is easy to broke that easily ? can broke like that just by contacted with sweat or perspirant?

    Also when you chose Resound Futures, do you have to get custom RIC mold for 70 or 80dB so you have more gain/power that can accommodate your severe hearing loss?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Salem, Massachusetts
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sushikid View Post
    Were you quoted $300 for each mold for Starkey's Absolute Power RIC custom mold? because that's what mine was quoted for.
    Also is it true that the RIC mold is easy to broke that easily ? can broke like that just by contacted with sweat or perspirant?

    Also when you chose Resound Futures, do you have to get custom RIC mold for 70 or 80dB so you have more gain/power that can accommodate your severe hearing loss?
    I had the 71 dB receiver in the mold and it looked very robust. I don't know how fragile the receivers or the cords are, but a fair number of readers here have reported very short lived receivers and/or cords. So I just felt vulnerable, but that might have been irrational.

    With the ReSound, I have 65 dB receivers, which seem adequate if not ample. I have custom molds, but the receivers are easily removed from the molds for service.

    When they priced out my aids, they first deducted the cost of standard receivers from the aids, and then added the high power receivers and molds as separate line items.

    So the cost of the receiver in the mold was $100 each.

    Speaking of prices though, personally, I can easily afford what I need, and I don't mind paying. Even the $6000 I was quoted from the Starkey dealer honestly didn't trouble me as it easily fits into my budget.

    But when the prices are kept secret and car dealer tactics are used, I feel like I'm being used. I hate the idea that prices can't be even discussed within earshot of another customer (he would take me into the sound-proof room whenever $$$ was discussed)

    At Costco, the prices are right there on display. Everybody knows them. Nobody is ashamed of it. Everyone pays the same price; everybody gets the same service.

    Not that I think that Costco is necessarily best. But there I was treated with complete fairness by a professional who felt no need to wheel and deal.
    0250.Hz L-70 R-55
    0500.Hz L-75 R-65
    1000.Hz L-80 R-80
    2000.Hz L-80 R-85
    3000.Hz L-80 R-85
    4000.Hz L-80 R-80
    6000.Hz L-75 R-80
    8000.Hz L-80 R-75

    WRS:
    L 84% @ 105 dB
    R 40% @ 105 dB
    Both= 76%

    Resound Future (Costco)
    Formerly Starkey Destiny 1200

  9. #9

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by sushikid View Post
    Hi all,

    I have severe to profound loss, with quite serious loss in high frequency sounds.....that's why I am interested and so excited in trying out the new Xino model which is the smaller version of the new X series.

    Starkey's website has the data that shows the Xino 110 (upper class) has 20dB noise reduction strength (maximum), while the Xino 90 is 8dB (Moderate), and Xino 70 is 6dB (Light)....if you see my audiogram below, will it contribute greatly to improve my ability to hear clearly in noisy situation? I always have been struggling with hearing in noisy environment such as restaurant, party, etc. I have been told that from frequency 3k to 8k I have no hearing at all....is it true?

    Here is my audiogram, .... will Xino series 70 with 70dB receiver Absolute Power(AP) be enough for my hearing loss:

    .....250....500......1k......2k......3k.......4k.. ....8k
    L.....45......55......65......95......95......100. . ....100
    R.....45......50......60......90......110.....110. . ....110

    How much is the lowest/best price for the custom power mold receiver cost per each mold? (my audi said I need to make custom mold if I decided to get the 60 or 80dB power receiver, he need to made the mold and send it to Starkey for them to make the special mold and put the receiver inside the mold and there is a charge for it, around $200/ each mold )....

    How much is the Xino 70 cost in the market (normally / average price)?
    The top of the line Xino has version 2.0 of the voice IQ system. This provides way better hearing in a background noise. Only top of the line had this feature.

    Starkey would make a good choice for your loss on the basis that you need plenty of power without feedback. No other aid can match Starkey for feedback suppression at this time. That means more usable power, and less distortion.

    Another new advancement is Spectral IQ, which gives the aid the ability to transpose some of the high frequencies in a way no other aid has ever done before. This could be very useful for you.

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZCT View Post
    The top of the line Xino has version 2.0 of the voice IQ system. This provides way better hearing in a background noise. Only top of the line had this feature.

    Starkey would make a good choice for your loss on the basis that you need plenty of power without feedback. No other aid can match Starkey for feedback suppression at this time. That means more usable power, and less distortion.

    Another new advancement is Spectral IQ, which gives the aid the ability to transpose some of the high frequencies in a way no other aid has ever done before. This could be very useful for you.
    ZCT, thanks...by saying "top of the line Xino" that has 2.0 of the voice IQ system, would that be the Xino 110, 90, or 70? 110 is the most expensive(maybe because more bands available and has maximum feedback cancellation of 20dB power) but I have been told that with my severe loss I don't need that much features and would be find with just Xino 70, what do you think?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •