Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on Starket Bluetooth

Default Update on Starkey Bluetooth

I was at my hearing fitter today and Starkey / Micro Tech decided I could exchange my troublesome CIC aids for Micro Tech Mobility 50 ( Wi Series i110) RIC13 aids.

When the Starkey sales rep was on the phone, my fitter asked her about the timing for the upcoming Bluetooth adapter. She said it should be out around the end of May.

He also asked about compatibility with older Wi Series aids. She said it would work with all Wi Series aids.

Perhaps ZCT's longtime predictions for Starkey Bluetooth will soon come true.
    Last edited by prodigyplace; 03-02-2012 at 07:03 AM.
    .....250....500......1k......2k.......3k......4k.. ....8k
    L.....20......20......40......40......60......55.. ....80
    R.....25......25......40......50......55......60.. ....60

But Starkey missed the last two promised dates. I wonder what the hold-up is ?
    0250.Hz L-70 R-55
    0500.Hz L-75 R-65
    1000.Hz L-80 R-80
    2000.Hz L-80 R-85
    3000.Hz L-80 R-85
    4000.Hz L-80 R-80
    6000.Hz L-75 R-80
    8000.Hz L-80 R-75

WRS:
    L 84% @ 105 dB
    R 40% @ 105 dB
    Both= 76%

Resound Future (Costco)
    Formerly Starkey Destiny 1200

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    But Starkey missed the last two promised dates. I wonder what the hold-up is ?
    Haven't heard anything here yet. The date in May is significant as it's a bit odd to release a product in the month AFTER the AAA, when everybody else will do their best to get product out for the end of April. That either means it's not ready yet or there's a compliance issue with a broadcast/health licence in relation to the performance of the device that can't be rushed.

Just seems a bit odd.
    Link to my entry in the Hidden Content section.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

4. Default might not be the right place for this question but ---

does anyone know what the price for the Starkey Surflink? I will check with my aidiologist, but was wondering what others are paying, as there seems to be a large difference in what people pay for their hearing aids. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Um bongo View Post
    Haven't heard anything here yet. The date in May is significant as it's a bit odd to release a product in the month AFTER the AAA, when everybody else will do their best to get product out for the end of April. That either means it's not ready yet or there's a compliance issue with a broadcast/health licence in relation to the performance of the device that can't be rushed.

Just seems a bit odd.
    Its important that they get it right- probably they are not ready yet. BUT, in light of the new Oticon Intiga IIC. Oticon is using the IIC denomination, which is a denomination used by Starkey (Probably protected by starkey trademark).

So it is obvious, both companies ARE trading technology. So perhaps, oticon is transferring
    at least part of their wireless technology to them. Lets just remember that Oticon Agil is due for a refresh in about 12 months from now.

Oticon has already transfer wireless technology to both Sonic Inn and Bernafon.

Quote Originally Posted by xbulder View Post
    Its important that they get it right- probably they are not ready yet. BUT, in light of the new Oticon Intiga IIC. Oticon is using the IIC denomination, which is a denomination used by Starkey (Probably protected by starkey trademark).

So it is obvious, both companies ARE trading technology. So perhaps, oticon is transferring
    at least part of their wireless technology to them. Lets just remember that Oticon Agil is due for a refresh in about 12 months from now.

Oticon has already transfer wireless technology to both Sonic Inn and Bernafon.
    IIC just specifies the style as "Invisible In the Canal", which is smaller than CIC, "Completely In the Canal" aids.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandGuy View Post
    does anyone know what the price for the Starkey Surflink? I will check with my aidiologist, but was wondering what others are paying, as there seems to be a large difference in what people pay for their hearing aids. Thanks.
    Prices can vary. I think the Surflink is available with or without the remote control for the aids.

I am getting the Surflink with remote through my hearing plan for $450.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by prodigyplace View Post
    Prices can vary. I think the Surflink is available with or without the remote control for the aids.

I am getting the Surflink with remote through my hearing plan for $450.
    That sounds about the right ball park. I'd suggest the swing would be up to $100 plus or minus that amount.

IIC just specifies the style as "Invisible In the Canal", which is smaller than CIC, "Completely In the Canal" aids.
    I think only starkey uses that denomination as they where first who came up with that
    product. I would think they have trade mark it for sure.

Siemens for example DOES NOT call it IIC it calls it mini or something.....

10. Default

When the Starkey sales rep was on the phone, my fitter asked her about the timing for the upcoming Bluetooth adapter. She said it should be out around the end of May.

He also asked about compatibility with older Wi Series aids. She said it would work with all Wi Series aids.
    For what it is worth - I was debating Wi i110s and so I called Starkey Canada. I talked to a techie there and was told that:

1 - he did not expect Bluetooth to show up until the third quarter
    2 - he did not think that the Bluetooth would be backward compatible.

That is just what he told me.
    Rik
    -----------
    Bernafon Chronos 9, BTE w/ mold & SoundGate
    Freq--L--R
    0250-30-35
    0500-50-50
    1000-75-60
    1500-80-73
    2000-85-85
    3000-95-88
    4000-96-86