Thread: siemens motion 701 cic - how can I transmit music from my phone to my hearing aid?

1. Default siemens motion 701 cic - how can I transmit music from my phone to my hearing aid?

I bought a new smartphone... and I would like to listen to music in the library (so I have to either use earphones or stream music directly to my hearing aid) how can I steeam music to my hearing aid? do I need minitek? If I need minitek, will I have to use the remote that comes with it? Or can I control the streaming from just my phone?
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by jaja; 03-18-2012 at 10:02 AM.

you will need a miniTek.. don't understand the second question,

3. Default

Sorry, I will edit my OP. I meant: Of what use is the remote that comes with miniTek? Would I be able to stream (and manage the streaming) from my phone to my hearing aids without the remote?

Oh wait! I thought that minitek is the wireless technology in the hearing aid itself, and that it comes with a remote. Now I understand that minitek is the streamer/remote itself.
    Last edited by jaja; 03-18-2012 at 10:27 AM.

the miniTek will change your programs and volume.. It will link with a TVLink, it will link with a BT phone, it will link with a lot of BT enabled devices and send it directly into both aids. it will control the volume into your aids. the BT phone will interrupt anything else going on and revert back when you hang up.

you can't go from your phone directly to your aids.

everything you want to know about a miniTek
    http://hearing.siemens.com/en/04-pro...ek/minitek.jsp
    Last edited by Mick Shu; 03-18-2012 at 10:10 AM.

5. Default

I read about miniTek, but I'm not sure about something. I can hear music with miniTek connected wirelessly to the HA and the phone, right? So,
    I can put the phone in one pocket, miniTek in another, and I will be able to listen to music, right?

I'm a short person, will I have issues putting miniTek in my pocket?

6. Default

"the BT phone will interrupt anything else going on and revert back when you hang up."

Does that include hearing outside voice (i.e. people's voice near me) ?

I either have it in my shirt pocket, tray in my console or on the arm of my chair. In the car my phone is general in the console, walking around on my belt in a case and no BT connection problem. Yes, if you have your BT phone paired to the miniTek the miniTek will interrupt anything going on via the miniTek or just normal hearing. Then when you hang up you will go back to whatever you were doing before the call came in. in the configuration you can adjust how much of the mic you want open for each device on the miniTek. for phone calls I have the mic configured completely off. for TVLink I it open a little so the wife doesn't have to wave at me to get my attention.

I only use my phone as a phone only take it along about 1/2 the time.. I'm guessing as I don't now that when listening to music the phone basically becomes a BT mp3 player?

In my truck I have one of these and sync my phone with it instead of the miniTek..
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001DDE4VY/...hvptwo=&hvqmt=
    Last edited by Mick Shu; 03-18-2012 at 12:15 PM.