Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Ordered Unitron Moxi 12's-Any Comments?

Default Just Ordered Unitron Moxi 12's-Any Comments?

Hi

I,m a newbie to the forum, although have been reading it with interest for the past few weeks and have found it very informative.

I am an old geezer at 74 yrs young and this will be my first set of HA's, although I probably should have had them years ago.

I still work part-time and am increasingly having difficulty making out conversation particularly in a noisy environment.

I have had my hearing test and the audi recommended Unitron Moxi 6's (based primarily on my limited budget), but based on 6 bands vs 12, and my inability to hear in noisy environments I think I might be better off going to the Moxi 12's ($300 extra)..........any suggestions?
    250hz L-15 R-20
    500hz L-25 R-25
    750hz L-30 R-30
    1000hz L-30 R-35
    1500hz L-30 R-40
    2000hz L-40 R-45
    3000hz L-60 R-60
    4000hz L-55 R-50
    6000hz L-50 R-55
    8000hz L-45 R-50

SRT L-30 R-35

WRS1 L-70 R-75
    SCORE L-96% R-96%
    UCL L- 95 R-95

Unitron Moxi 12 - April 2012

My advice, to everyone purchasing hearing aids, is to get the best tech you can comforably afford. In the long run, you will be more satisfied. Also, people tend to vastly underestimate the quantity of time they are around background noise.

I agree with DocAudio, if you can afford the extra $300, definitely upgrade to the 12's.
    HearingAidHelper

it look's like our pro ' EnglishDispenser' who made a fool of himself saying that anyone at age 62 only had 10 to 12 illness free years left and should buy anything that worked before illness set in at 72 to 74 has had his silly post pulled to save face.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetCheeks View Post
    it look's like our pro ' EnglishDispenser' who made a fool of himself saying that anyone at age 62 only had 10 to 12 illness free years left and should buy anything that worked before illness set in at 72 to 74 has had his silly post pulled to save face.
    I believe that when that was posted, it was meant more as a joke.

really? well when you are 62 and your hubby a little older maybe you wouldn't take it as a joke. The gentlemen pushed that twice. Also, ripped folks as elite for playing the FAKE game of golf. I looked at his professional information here and even other UK pro's seem to think his web site isn't exactly kosher. (I hope that does offend anyone)

Quote Originally Posted by SweetCheeks View Post
    really? well when you are 62 and your hubby a little older maybe you wouldn't take it as a joke. The gentlemen pushed that twice. Also, ripped folks as elite for playing the FAKE game of golf. I looked at his professional information here and even other UK pro's seem to think his web site isn't exactly kosher. (I hope that does offend anyone)
    It's possible. I can see how someone says that you only have maybe 15 years of life left could be a bit upsetting.

Quote Originally Posted by DocAudio View Post
    It's possible. I can see how someone says that you only have maybe 15 years of life left could be a bit upsetting.
    He's using stats to confirm his notions, being 62 however means that the stats relevance to you is flawed.
    Link to my entry in the Hidden Content section.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

After that rabbit trail, let's get this thread back on topic, please.

I agree that going with the best tech you can reasonable afford gives your professional more and better tools to compensate for your hearing loss.
    .....250....500......1k......2k.......3k......4k.. ....8k
    L.....20......20......40......40......60......55.. ....80
    R.....25......25......40......50......55......60.. ....60

10. Default

1. The mods pulled my posts - not me. Did you trigger that?

2. Actuarial tables show that a 62 year old US female has 22 years remaining. I guesstimated the 10 - 12 illness free years figure - but it's probably not too far out.

3. Please don't misquote me - you have done that a few times now in order to bolster your position. For example you stated that I regarded golf as an elitist sport. I don't regard golf as anything more than a silly game for people with nothing better to do. In the UK at least, golf is a hobby for both rich and poor. Also, YOU raised golf as a topic on this forum - dunno why.

4. Re my web site : it has existed since 2004. Other dispensers do NOT regard it with suspicion - they just get grumpy about my low prices. Can you provide any evidence to support that 'isn't exactly kosher' comment?

5. My main aim was to get you to stop wasting your life on a mega search for a 'perfect' hearing solution. With a good audi, which I assume you have, Good Enough Is Good Enough with regard to the hardware itself.

6. Finally: it is now clear that your aim here is now to show off your "intellectual superiority". You also have no intention of "losing" any argument or discussion. In view of this I now bow out of discussing anything further with you. You don't want answers, you just want attention. I will restrict myself to trying to help real people with real problems or real questions.

MODERATOR: Please could you leave this post as it is - I think it's useful, and I won't be saying anymore on the topic. Many thanks.
    My professional details can be found in the 'Hidden Content ' section of the forum