Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: speech understanding with hearing aid and with tinnitus

NaidaUP Guest

I have way worse hearing then you and I can pick up speech.

We can't tell you which aid would be mosey suitable as everyone hears differently.

You will notice a huge different in BTE aids that's why people keeping telling you.

There is no more we can tell you really, you need to try the actual aids and find out from yourself.

Don't give up after one day and stick with it and go for adjustments to be able to hear out of the aids.

You have a severe loss, hearing aids won't replace your hearing and will never give you perfect speech scores, you will always miss some things.

I am Surprised that no one replied or post for me for my hearing issue after my sunday reply on thread, i am waiting ...................

To
    Dear Sir/Madam,
    NaidaUP
    Senior Member,

Just 11 minutes before i replied that no one reply on my sunday writings, but the moment i post that i got to see you replied after my that post, it just happened not a big issue,

I am really thankful to people who replied for me till now, i really felt the power of forum when different people shared their views with me, great forum so far, i am happy to be part of it, i felt as i got new family of mine even it is on virtual i mean on internet.

NaidaUP, gave again and again time for me i can understand how time = money.

i have used micro power RIC model earlier which similar to micro bte earlier to versata art of phonak
    in one ear for 2 and half years as during trail in 2008 i was not happy with the speech clarity from micro power so i return one hearing aid back to dispenser, and used only one. its been more than one year i am using versata art in both ears as when my micropower (RIC) of phonak was about to fail in running, i started feeling from some time that now its a time to wear hearing aids in both ears and i knew this fact for long that i should use hearing aid in both ears.
    Now,
    Specially for you(NaidaUP) i am writing my audiograms,
    dated 16/09/2011,

left(in db) right(in db)
    250 hz 65 50
    500 hz 80 60
    1khz 85 75
    2khz 85 70
    4kz 75 60
    8khz 70 50

speech audiometry
    SRT %
    Right 72db 75%
    Left 77db 75%

Dated 09/03/2012
    left(in db) right(in db)
    250 hz 60 45
    500 hz 90 75
    1khz 90 80
    2khz 90 80
    4kz 90 70
    8khz 85 60

Speech audiometry

here technical officer of hospital just wrote this that "i started very good 80db. later not responding." he ticked mark on speech awareness threshold (db) & speech Discrimination Score (%).

he also conduct an hearing aid trail (aided audiogram)
    where i could listen using phonak versata as given below :
    250 hz 35 db
    500 hz 40 db
    1 khz 35 db
    2 khz 30 db
    4 khz 25 db
    8 khz 25 db

Dated 08/10/2012

left(in db) right(in db)
    250 hz 60 50
    500 hz 75 80
    1khz 95 85
    2khz 85 75
    4kz 75 70
    8khz 80 55

This is what i would like to post for your reply for my sunday writing.

Thank you NaidaUP and all others.

Regards,

Nitin Taneja, New Delhi, INDIA

4. Default

Nitin:
    Tinnitus is a problem a lot of us with serious hearing loss have to deal with.
    1) A pair of good well adjusted modern H.A.s helps a lot.
    2) Do not think about it! I know this sounds simplistic but it works for me. With practice you can train yourself to not think about it.
    With speech, make a special effort to watch the face and mouth of the speaker. You can learnto read lips , even if its just for clues to "F" and "S" sounds. For me the difference between in and out of the loop.
    3) Wear your aids all day, every day. Your brain will learn how to deal with a new set of data.
    4) Check out "DIY hearing Aids" they have software and cables so you can adjust your own aids.
    5) All my suggestions are things you can do so your aids don't have to do all the work.
    Good luck, Goldwhat?
    Last edited by goldwhat?; 12-05-2012 at 01:40 AM.

goldwhat? i will again give quick reply for your post . write now i am quite busy wait for sure will pass writing on your post, thanking you for your post on my thread.

goldwhat's:
    there are not hearing aids which can help me a lot i have search and always look for anything which can be benefited so please do not think i am not looking for any good option for me.
    i don't understand "DIY hearing Aids" what do these means please clarity.
    lip reading is a thing yes practically i noticed my eyes remain on lips perhaps but you can not use all the time lip reading which you are suggesting.
    and of course i wear my hearing aids throughout the day, i have severe loss so in case i would like to opt spend my day without hearing aids i can't, so hearing aids are my sense organ. very vital part of my daily life now.
    thanks, goldwhat? and i do not know 100 % luck remains in our life behind our lives or not, but perhaps everything moves according to our luck so you may be right as you write in last goodluck i too writes you have good chances.
    regards, nitin taneja

thanks for your reply your speech score seems correct and i am yet to see for this hearing aid with masking programs as far as i knows phonak don't have any masking feature in any of their products till now, i heard about belltone they had, but their standard in india is not remarkable, whereas, i feel micro bte or ric kind of hearing aid for my severe loss and of course this time i think i should try to see this masking program, by the way , thanks a lot. seb.

NaidaUP Guest

Quote Originally Posted by taneja View Post
    Hi All,

I am delighted to be here, just got moderator permissions by activation of my account,
    thanks to them as i have hope to get my problem sort out here by people on this forum and obviously with their precious time for my life which is my ears, ear have greater impact on my life than anything else as money plays its role in our life, ear plays its role in my life but unfortunately i am suffering a lot due to bad situation and condition which i hope would get important directions and guidance from people, please post your valuables writing and expertise which is much awaited by me.

Thanking you all for your posts.

I have severe hearing loss in both ears and wears versata power cic to cope my hearing loss , my loss on speech frequencies is around 85 db in left ear and varies from 75 db to 65 db kind of loss in right ear. i have tinnitus as well which gives sound as hissing Continuous "s", Now my problem is this that after wearing 16 channel hearing aids i do not get people clear in noisy background and as well as in one on one, where in one on one situation i miss words sometimes and can miss sentence and where in background noise chances are much higher to miss word and specially the whole thing even in training room of my office i do not get what my trainer says in that calm situation and there is another trainer whose voice is of that kind that i do not get his voice.

please post for me, for the sake of my life, i am not getting good suggestion from my audiologists and phoank india sales head here in new delhi, india as i do understand.

I hope to get post on my thread.

please guide so that i may improve my hearing. suggest me the best thing i can do for me.
    if you need to know anything from me let me know by posting it, i'll reply but please consider my post.

Thank you again.
    Maybe you need to just accept your hearing loss and not write to me as a vistor message that putting my hearing aids in a heart shape is telling someone to commit suicide. Deafness is not a problem if you learn to accept it.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by taneja View Post
    I am Surprised that no one replied or post for me for my hearing issue after my sunday reply on thread, i am waiting ...................
    Whatever your name is....so you're now worse than mild loss and bothering people on another forum? Don't you have something better to do than take advantage of people's time and kindness by posting the same question under different names and making stuff up as you go?

Laura

http://www.alldeaf.com/hearing-aids-...ml#post2134885

who you are ? just like me, by the way you too waste my time by posting your 21/12/2012 post on my thread, you think i am wasting people's time, i did not have time to reply you back but now i got time and happy, i expressed my serious issue to draw attention to get leads to cure my self. i do not know why did you post so bad. but i am not so poor as western culture is, we respect people, we are ruined by western culture.
    for your knowledge i do not have signed up in any forum over internet other than this forum, and i had to register my self to get solve my problem, but the things i got to read in your post on my thread is pathetic.

my name is nitin taneja and i hail from new delhi, india. okay laura, i mention this again and again in my posts, whoever read my post can get these information. i do not have other names, people here have nick names and you signed as your's lua2046, what is this, is this a name, i do not understand this people use this sort of names are you getting, may be you are child and posted accidently,

but try to understand my problem is hard there is nothing till now in medical science to cure tinnitus and hearing loss, i was trying to fetch up better from members and people do, but your's post hurt me, by the way, i am not too hurt as you are a stranger and i do not want to care about any stranger because any body can say anything. what we can do.

i do not know what to write more but this is surprised for me when i read your email to me, and what you are referring to, may be you are once over this virtual world who disturbs people, hack their system, spread viruses, do notorious things.

but do not try this again. okay laura.

NOW NOTE THIS,

NITIN TANEJA, NEW DELHI, INDIA, EMAIL ID : nitin.taneja@live.com