Thread: Have HA's improved over the last 3 years?

1. Default Have HA's improved over the last 3 years?

My audi thinks I might be good with ITE aids VS the BTE I currently wear. 3 years ago I pretty much had to go with the BTE's. They are only three 1/2 years old so I'm a little leery in having to buy another set. But going to HA's inside my ears would be a blessing. Vanity has nothing to do with it as it's just for practical reasons. I'd love to be able to answer the phone and not have to take the left HA out. Have there really been that much of improvements over this time?

Already?

http://hearingaidforums.com/showthread.php?t=14136

It makes no sense to me to get new HA's every three years, unless you are $$$$$$$$. Some audiology places are eager to get the $$$$$$$$$. Your opinion may vary.
    35....30...40.....55....70.....70...70.....70....7 0
    250 500 1000 1500 2000 3000 4000 6000 8000
    35....40...40.....55....65.....70...65.....60....6 5

word rec 88% @ 46, 84% @40

8/27/12 Loss is progressive.
    6/21/13 Screening revealed no significant changes.

ReSound Ziga BTE-- 9/08. Beginning to think about new ones.

From a strict electronic engineering point of view, no.

An aid is just a battery powered miniture audio amplifier/sound modifier. Old engineering stuff.

But what each manufacturer has that is unique is the firm/ware program and to a minor extent the basic hardware.

But how they perform and what they do to the input can vary quite a bit. Ed

Many BTE users are able to talk on the phone without taking their hearing aids out. In fact, in many cases they'll do better on the phone when going through the hearing aid than with the phone directly to their ear. Without knowing your situation it's impossible for me to say where the difficulty lies for you. You may need an adjustment, a telephone program added, or you may in fact require a different hearing aid.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaHIS View Post
    Many BTE users are able to talk on the phone without taking their hearing aids out. In fact, in many cases they'll do better on the phone when going through the hearing aid than with the phone directly to their ear. Without knowing your situation it's impossible for me to say where the difficulty lies for you. You may need an adjustment, a telephone program added, or you may in fact require a different hearing aid.
    I have BTE Phonak V. I never had trouble hearing on a phone before I got HA - just had trouble with everything else.
    I still have no trouble putting a phone to my left ear. I wear a BlueTooth headset much of the day on my right ear - and have no trouble with that either. In both instances voices are perfectly clear on phone (or in conversation with people physically with me).
    Mike
    250 --500-- 1000-- 1500-- 2000-- 3000-- 4000-- 8000
    35 -- 25---- 30---- 45---- 55---- 65---- 80--- 95
    (Both ears almost identical)

NaidaUP Guest

After 3 years, I wouldn't be upgrading. I plan to use my Naidas until they die. I'm not one of these people that just get new aids for features. My other aids lasted 16 years.

Regarding the phone, you just need to put the phone above the mic on your Hearing aid as that's where you hear from. Amazing how many people put it up to their ears like hearing people would even tho they don't hear from that area.