Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rexton Quintra 2c, Costco's newest??

1. Default

Same here! As this is my first venture into the world of HAs I developed a feeling of confidence in the ability of the HAS. We discussed my lifestyle (physical activities plus many board and committee meetings as well as client presentations - all volunteer activities). I will ask about the Kirkland 5s, although she already recommended the Quintaras, and report back after this Tuesday. I feel confident buying almost anything except hearing aids.

Quote Originally Posted by llagerva View Post
    Same here! As this is my first venture into the world of HAs I developed a feeling of confidence in the ability of the HAS. We discussed my lifestyle (physical activities plus many board and committee meetings as well as client presentations - all volunteer activities). I will ask about the Kirkland 5s, although she already recommended the Quintaras, and report back after this Tuesday. I feel confident buying almost anything except hearing aids.
    Lifestyle should be a huge consideration. It is your hearing. I am not ruling out "price" but it must still fit my everyday needs. I do many meetings as well but also need top performance in music environments. I am considering the Acriva from Costco. Appointment is tomorrow.

I am trialing Acriva 9's from Costco and the Au,D has not been able to get the factory Music program to work. It is almost as if "Mute" is turned on when I switch to the Music program. Please let me know if the factory Music program works for you when you try the Acriva 9's.
    --250 500 750 1000 1500 2000 3000 4000 6000 8000
    L 15---15---20---30----50----65----70-----65----55----50
    R 15---20---------15----15----50----55-----50----35----30

Tinnitus in both ears
    Trialing Costco Bernafon Acriva 9 RITE
    Trialing Costco KS5.0 (Resound Verso 962)

4. Default

Well I'm all about speech recognition/clarity so if one or the other is better for that I hope someone can give some input.

Quote Originally Posted by edsandra View Post
    I am trialing Acriva 9's from Costco and the Au,D has not been able to get the factory Music program to work. It is almost as if "Mute" is turned on when I switch to the Music program. Please let me know if the factory Music program works for you when you try the Acriva 9's.
    Well, I currently wear Bernafon (past generation) and love the music program. After my appointment today, both audis recommended the KS5 for me. The big reason they said was that the Resound software had more configuration/tweaking potential over the current Bernafon software. With my more specific requests, they think it would be easier to accommodate on the KS5's. Here in Canada, they are not expected to arrive for another week, so I guess I will wait and give them a spin first. Other threads here sound promising based on initial responses from actual users in the US.

6. Default

In an earlier post I mentioned that I'd follow up on a report as to what the independent audiologist recommended. She recommended the Phonak Audeo Q, subtly pushing the Q70 and Q50. Overall, a less impressive visit than my stop at Costco. The office was nicer, but the hearing test was abbreviated, and I didn't get to try out a pair of the Audeo's like I did the Quintras. In fact, she didn't even have me try on an aid so I could feel what it was like. Perhaps the aid she was showing me was a nonfunctional dummy, but it still could have been placed in my ear.

Leaning strongly on going back to Costco to try out the Kirklands...

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by llagerva View Post
    Just purchased my first hearing aids yesterday - the Costco Quintras. I get them 10/1 and then the fun begins. 2 aids, charger and controller for $2,700. Also, the audiologist at Costco was excellent to deal with. I will report my observations after 10/1.
    Did you get the Quintras this week? How goes it?

8. Default

Had them for 4 days and although I have a few problems I am happy. Since these are my first HAs I don't know exactly what to expect. She only set up one program and the sound is too loud and some high tones are sounding "tinny". I reduce the volume on the HAs to it's lowest and some of the problem goes away. I just returned from a large party in a big tent where there were many conversations, kids yelling and outdoor noises. I could actually carry on a conversation better than I have for years. Progress. I am documenting my observations for a few weeks and will return to have them adjusted and programs set up of various conditions. So far, so good. Will report back later.

9. Default

Thanks for the update!

10. Default

I went to Costco today for a current hearing eval. I've been wearing a pair of rexton HA's purchase from Costco 6 years ago. One failed to the point of being non repairable and with advances in technology, I am not sure I would want to repair it even if it was cheaper.

My HAS recommended the Rexton Quintra 2C over the Sig 5.0's for reasons of reliability, durability but mostly for the power of the processor and better performance of the Quintra 2C. I did brief demo's of both the Quintra 2C versus the Kirkland Signature 5.0's and I felt I could make it speech much easier with the Rexton Quintra 2C. The Kirklands sounded more unnatural, metallic and did not supress the noise as well. and I have read enough reports about the former versions of the ReSound *Kirkland HA's being unreliable.

So I am leaning to the Quintra 2C Rexton HA's as well. THey are more $$, but my ears tell me they are better and so does my HAS, who has been with Costco for longer than 6 years. I bought my first pair from him. He is very knowledgable and never tries to oversell. Very competent and honest I feel.