Thread: Pairing HearPo (discount provider) with your insurance?

Default Pairing HearPo (discount provider) with your insurance?

Has anyone had experience using HearPo where your insurance plan WASN'T a member? From what I understood after contacting HearPo they said my insurance doesn't have to be a participating member to benefit from their program, I could go through HearPo to arrange testing, etc, and then my insurance would reimburse me separately. I found an audiologist who accepts my insurance and is a member of HearPo, so I'm hoping to use him, pending confirmation that I can use both to minimize what I'd have to pay out of pocket.

Has anyone specifically gone this route before? What was your experience?
    ----------------------------

Audiogram:

250 - L: 70 R: 70
    500 - L: 70 R: 85
    1000 - L: 85 R: 90
    2000 - L: 100 R: 95
    4000 - L: 110+ R: 110+
    8000 - L: 110+ R: 100

Word Recognition Score: 90% in left ear, 60% in right ear

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post
    Has anyone had experience using HearPo where your insurance plan WASN'T a member? From what I understood after contacting HearPo they said my insurance doesn't have to be a participating member to benefit from their program, I could go through HearPo to arrange testing, etc, and then my insurance would reimburse me separately. I found an audiologist who accepts my insurance and is a member of HearPo, so I'm hoping to use him, pending confirmation that I can use both to minimize what I'd have to pay out of pocket.

Has anyone specifically gone this route before? What was your experience?

Hi Lincoln,

I just purchased hearing aids through Hear PO and they have been great. What I did was talk to the insurance company to see how much they would cover from the total amount from Hear PO and then wrote a check to Hear PO for the remaining amount. Very easy and was able to get nicer hearing aids for a fraction of the retail cost. Hope this helps.