Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to clean domes

1. Default

Costco gives me as many free domes and wax guards as I want.

I clean the domes with a dry cloth, and replace domes and wax guards (for free) every 2 months.
    Regards,

Duncan

0250 Hz 25 25
    0500 Hz 25 35
    1000 Hz 30 45
    2000 Hz 40 50
    4000 Hz 50 75
    8000 Hz 70 95

And severe tinnitus (Does the noise in my head bother you?)

KS 7s

2. Default

On the domes themselves, not the receivers, a cheap ultrasonic cleaner with a mild soap solution works well. A thorough rinse with water would probably be advisable to get rid of traces that might be irritant to the ear canal.
    Phil Passmore

10 10 15 15 20 30 40 50 50 R
    45 15 20 25 35 45 50 55 45 L

Quote Originally Posted by OldsGal View Post
    So this might be a stupid question but how do you clean the wire and domes to your hearing aids. I am very good about keeping wax cleaned out of my ears but even still ear wax is sticky and thus the domes do get a little bit of wax on them. You are not suppose to get the aids wet but using a dry cloth on sticky wax does not seem to be the solution to cleaning my domes. So what is the correct solution?

Thanks
    Staci
    I use a 5 in 1 cleaning kit, bought in Amazon to clean my HA including the domes. I do it every 2 or 3 times a week with a alcohol wipe also to leave it shinny. Bellow you can find the link to the cleaning kit.

http://www.amazon.com/5-in-1-Hearing...C2R87XZMDE9QKE

Its cheap, easy to use and the magnet is the most used by myself to avoid droping and later loosing by batteries (size 312).

Regards
    ---
    Erasmo Valladares
    Twiter: @jevalladares
    Phonak Audeo Smart III

Quote Originally Posted by Jevalladares View Post
    I use a 5 in 1 cleaning kit, bought in Amazon to clean my HA including the domes. I do it every 2 or 3 times a week with a alcohol wipe also to leave it shinny. Bellow you can find the link to the cleaning kit.

http://www.amazon.com/5-in-1-Hearing...C2R87XZMDE9QKE

Its cheap, easy to use and the magnet is the most used by myself to avoid droping and later loosing by batteries (size 312).

Regards
    very good looking kit, I shall look for a UK equivalent

5. Default

Domes can be cleaned simply by running them under warm to hot water. Take them off first, of course. They come off very easy and go back on very easy. There is no need to go to any special trouble.

Ear Wax dissolves and rinses away very easily with just warm running water. Keep spares handy in case one should tear or if one gets lost down the sink. Use the sink strainer. Dry it off with a paper towel and make sure it is dry where it presses onto the receiver. If worried about it not being fully dry; replace it with a spare and let the one you just rinsed dry overnight.

The instruction to simply rinse domes clean under running water came from my Widex Unique Fusion 330 RIC/RITE user manual. The method works great!
    Last edited by RUSS-SHETTLE; 01-30-2016 at 12:49 PM.

I clean my domes simply by wiping them after I take them off at night and put them in my UV/dryer. Then in the morning before I put them on I brush them with the little brush that came with my HAs. Often I notice a few flakes of dried wax coming off when I brush them. The dryer probably dries and hardens any wax deposits during the night. This is the procedure my HIS suggested for me.
    Rexton Trax 42 RIC (312) w/open domes (October, 2015)

-----250-----500-----1K-----2K-----3K-----4K-----6K-----8K
    L-----30------35-----35-----30-----40-----65-----65-----55
    R-----25------35-----35-----30-----60-----60-----60-----55

L: SRT=30dB, WRS 100% at 75dB
    R: SRT=45dB, WRS 100% at 75dB

“Blindness separates us from things but deafness separates us from people.”
    ~ Helen Keller

Where do you get the water resistant rating, as I've not seen it mentioned for Phonak or Resound (maybe...coz they aren't? <G>).

Thanks.
    250 500 1K 2K 3K 4K 6K 8K
    R 45 60 60 60 65 65 70 80
    L 45 55 55 60 65 70 75 85
    NU-6 recorded speech
    R: 92% @ 85dB
    L: 92% @ 85dB

GN Resound Linx2 TS 62 STD RIC

Blog Entries

All the major brands have a nano coating that is typically IP57 or better. Wikipedia has a nice explanation of IP ratings.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

IP Rating Chart:

First Digit (intrusion protection)

1. Protection from a large part of the body such as a hand (but no protection from deliberate access); from solid objects greater than 50mm in diameter.
    2. Protection against fingers or other object not greater than 80mm in length and 12mm in diameter.
    3. Protection from entry by tools, wires etc, with a diameter of 2.5 mm or more.
    4. Protection against solid bodies larger than 1mm (eg fine tools/small etc).
    5. Protected against dust that may harm equipment.
    6. Totally dust tight.

Second Digit (moisture protection)

1. Protection against condensation.
    2. Protection against water droplets deflected up to 15° from vertical
    3. Protected against spray up to 60° from vertical.
    4. Protected against water spray from all directions.
    5. Protection against low pressure water jets (all directions)
    6. Protection against string water jets and waves.
    7. Protected against temporary immersion.
    8. Protected against prolonged effects of immersion under pressure.
    Ed

Phonak Bolero Q90 P
    ComPilot/TV Link S w/plug in remote microphone

---250---500---1k---2k---3k---4k---6k---8k
    L--20----15----10---20---40---50---40---45
    R--20----20----10---20---45---50---40---50

10. Default

Don't put your trust in IP ratings. Protect your HAs in every way possible. Use HA sweat bands as a standard practice. Technology ends at the chip, the thing you pay big bucks for. Structurally, HAs lack much integrety. They are environmentally prone to damage.