Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 126

Thread: Self Programming DOs and DON'Ts

  1. #101

    Default

    I just tested programming with my Brios P-Up, with mini Pro and Target fitting software. When I used "Connect" button, it immediately recognized HAs, although they weren't shown in the list of available devices. It is an interesting experience. So far, the biggest benefits are fine tuning the curves to recommended values using smaller frequency steps (I guess my audi used just 10 steps, with finer tuning you can get closer to recommended curves), and also adjusting few options (reducing wind-block, adding more gain for phone calls etc.). I have to admit there are a lot of features I am not familiar with, so I stayed away from them for now.
    Costco Brio P-UP
    SRT: R=75, L=95; WRS: R=100/76%, L=105/52%, Binaural=95/92%; MCL/UCL: R=100/105, L=100/105
    250 500 1000 1500 2000 3000 4000 6000 8000
    R 75 70 75 75 70 70 70 65 70
    L 55 70 100 95 95 90 90 95 95

  2. #102

    Default

    Guys i'm new here and i have read the whole post

    but i couldn't understand the type of cables i need to connect my HA with the Software.

    i have Siemens Nitro CIC and i installed the latest version of Connex Software

    What do i need to connect my hearing aid to the software with the Mini Pro device ?

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nafa View Post
    -<snip>-i have Siemens Nitro CIC and i installed the latest version of Connex Software
    What do i need to connect my hearing aid to the software with the Mini Pro device ?
    >>Signia-Product-Portfolio.pdf<<

    I also added the following line to the Original Post/OP.
    Another hint, the fitting software has helpful diagrams showing how to connect your Hearing Aids/HAs.
    Last edited by pvc; 02-09-2017 at 09:00 AM.
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming links"
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content

  4. #104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pvc View Post
    >>Signia-Product-Portfolio.pdf<<

    I also added the following line to the Original Post/OP.
    Another hint, the fitting software has helpful diagrams showing how to connect your Hearing Aids/HAs.
    That's Nice ! i saw the file and the diagrams on the fitting software and i think i need to buy the programming adapter also with Mini Pro.
    I have searched on Amazon and Ebay and i only found the programming adapter for Siemens Pure 312 Battery .. but mine is Nitro Micon 10 Battery size.
    Can you help me to find the adapter ?

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nafa View Post
    That's Nice ! i saw the file and the diagrams on the fitting software and i think i need to buy the programming adapter also with Mini Pro.
    I have searched on Amazon and Ebay and i only found the programming adapter for Siemens Pure 312 Battery .. but mine is Nitro Micon 10 Battery size.
    Can you help me to find the adapter ?
    You said CIC so I don't think you need an adapter. Look at page 49 of the PDF. Also, start a specific thread for your specific issue.

    Also you don't need to search Amazon and Ebay. Just click the "try here" below or in the OP.

    Quote Originally Posted by pvc View Post
    DOs:-<snip>-Get a pair of standard CS44 programming cables. Try >>Here<<. You may also need flex strips, or boots, or pills to make the connection from the cable to hearing aid (HA). Find your manufacturer's Programming Guide, or Fitting Guide, or Cable Guide to determine what (programming cables, flex strips, boots, or pills) are needed to connect your specific model hearing aids. Hint, the Programming Guide, or Fitting Guide, or Cable Guide is usually a pdf document found in the Professional section of the manufacturer's website. Another hint, the fitting software has helpful diagrams showing how to connect your Hearing Aids/HAs.
    Last edited by pvc; 04-25-2017 at 04:01 PM.
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming links"
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content

  6. #106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pvc View Post
    You said CIC so I don't think you need an adapter. Look at page 49 of the PDF. Also, start a specific thread for your specific issue.

    Also you don't need to search Amazon and Ebay. Just click the "try here" below or in the OP.
    Thank you So much for your help ! i saw my audiologist connect my CIC hearing aid with a flex strip so i'm going to buy it ..

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nafa View Post
    Thank you So much for your help ! i saw my audiologist connect my CIC hearing aid with a flex strip so i'm going to buy it ..
    On page 49 there are 2 columns, 1 for BTE, and a second column for Custom/CIC. At the bottom of the Custom/CIC column it says "Flex connector". You need a Pair of flex connectors. You also need a pair of CS44 cables between your flex connectors and mini Pro. Next time start a new thread so that future readers don't have to slog through this stuff.
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming links"
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content

  8. #108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pvc View Post
    Heavy sigh... You forgot to say that self programming is dangerous.
    Hi PVC, Why is self programming dangerous...WRT what aspects? Meshuganah...
    250..500..750..1k ...1k5.. 2k....3k...4k...6k...8k Freq. Hz
    18....1.....9......15....25.....45...75...70...65. ..80 left. dB-
    20....10...12....15....30.....40...70...75...70... 55 right. dB-

    None so deaf as those who will not hear!

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meshuganah View Post
    Hi PVC, Why is self programming dangerous...WRT what aspects? Meshuganah...
    Because >>You'll Shoot Your Eye Out<<

    But you should heed the warning for Power Hearing Aids.
    Last edited by pvc; 02-09-2017 at 05:19 PM.
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming links"
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content

  10. #110

    Default

    Ha ha....yep! I get it. BTW I always wanted one of those, I wanted one so badly......Dad never bought me one because I was a naughty little shit and he just knew that I would shoot my eye out....just to piss him off I suppose. These Savias are VERY loud when you turn them up. SPL is claimed at some 120dBs at 2cm. That is $%#@ing loud! But I think the damage has already been done....(explosives in the navy divers course)......I think I will need to adjust the entire waterfall that I have to a few dBs less than it is, right across the whole bandwidth. Wish the Mini thingy would arrive. I look forward to engaging you in my adjustments. I will post a way to open the mini thingy and connect the wires directly to the back of the connectors so that nobody needs to use the silly plugs anymore. That can't be hard to do, your local radio fixer guy (I wonder if any are left) would be able to do it, or any one with a small soldering iron really. Not hard to learn how to do that.
    Off to Norfolk Island for a holiday of a few days. Mutiny on the Bounty and all that. Should be a gas! Cheers
    250..500..750..1k ...1k5.. 2k....3k...4k...6k...8k Freq. Hz
    18....1.....9......15....25.....45...75...70...65. ..80 left. dB-
    20....10...12....15....30.....40...70...75...70... 55 right. dB-

    None so deaf as those who will not hear!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •