Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing Aid Practitioner employed at Costco…Ask Me Anything!!

1. Default

@fuhgettaboutit

With my hearing loss (please refer to my signature) what hearing aid would you recommend? Currently, I am using Phonak Solana SP on my right ear in combination with CROS H20 on my left ear. Sometimes I use a Naida V UP on my left if CROS H20 is not beneficial especially n noisy environment. I would like to try the binaural stream technology so please advise. Currently, I am considering the Brio but I am not sure which model fits my loss as I could not find any info regarding the fitting range of the various models of Brio. Will CROS H20 and Roger Pen work with the Brio?

I will truly appreciate if you can enlighten me Thanks
    L-------Freq---------R
    100-----0250.Hz-----50
    100-----0500.Hz-----65
    100-----0750.Hz-----70
    115-----1000.Hz-----75
    115----1500.Hz-----90
    120----2000.Hz-----NR
    NR-----4000.Hz-----NR
    NR-----6000.Hz-----NR
    NR-----8000.Hz-----NR

Can you define "REM"?

What is the cost to the audi for a pair of Oticon Alta Pro's?

Thanks.

Oticon Alta Pro RITE

125...250...500...1k....2k....4k....8k
    L&R about the same
    WRS 92% @65 dB

Quote Originally Posted by froggy47 View Post

Thanks.

Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by nc2kids View Post
    @fuhgettaboutit

With my hearing loss (please refer to my signature) what hearing aid would you recommend? Currently, I am using Phonak Solana SP on my right ear in combination with CROS H20 on my left ear. Sometimes I use a Naida V UP on my left if CROS H20 is not beneficial especially n noisy environment. I would like to try the binaural stream technology so please advise. Currently, I am considering the Brio but I am not sure which model fits my loss as I could not find any info regarding the fitting range of the various models of Brio. Will CROS H20 and Roger Pen work with the Brio?

I will truly appreciate if you can enlighten me Thanks
    Hi! Yours is a tough audiogram to tackle. If you were a new patient of mine, I would not start with a CROS system. I would do a trial with premium binaural Power BTEs; the Phonak Brio UP is an excellent option, with great performance in noise, $2799.99 for the set w/ earmolds. I would want to see your results with a properly set (REM'd) set of premium power BTEs. As far as I know, the Binaural stream option is only available in the phone mode, but could be experimented as additional program for you.

Quote Originally Posted by froggy47 View Post

Thanks.

It is much lower than you would expect. considering their retail price. Different clinics get different discounts from the manufacturers based on how many units they sell from them. Some are paying around $1000 for a single Alta Pro and selling it for $4000.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Jake View Post
    Seriously?
    Is he not allowed to ask this question? I am confused. Why can't there be clarity here?

7. Default

Thanks fuhgettaboutit for your advice and fresh perspective on the hearing aid industry.

Don't worry about the sniping. Some of us have been called worse.
    Clickable links in next 2 lines; visible when your post count = 10+: Hidden Content , Hidden Content
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content Hidden Content

fuhgettaboutit, Thanks for participating in this forum. Quick question - in a recent response, you said "Costco's Phonak and Rexton (Siemens) line is the same technology as the Audeo V90s and Pures". As to the Phonaks, did I miss the announcement? I don't believe it was a finger check as the "Q" and the "V" aren't very close on the keyboard. Is this wishful thinking? Insider information? When can we expect Costco to move to the latest platform?
    Freq. L.. R
    0250 55 30
    0500 50 20
    1000 40 20
    2000 55 20
    4000 60 60
    6000 75 85

8000 85 85

Quote Originally Posted by Golf-a-Little View Post
    fuhgettaboutit, Thanks for participating in this forum. Quick question - in a recent response, you said "Costco's Phonak and Rexton (Siemens) line is the same technology as the Audeo V90s and Pures". As to the Phonaks, did I miss the announcement? I don't believe it was a finger check as the "Q" and the "V" aren't very close on the keyboard. Is this wishful thinking? Insider information? When can we expect Costco to move to the latest platform?

Sorry, but as far as I am concerned, the ability to hit prescriptive gain targets along with automatically and correctly applying polar plots in different listening situations is really all the "technology" that is needed for a successful hearing aid fitting using REM in 99% of cases. Whether you like it or not, hearing aid technology has plateaued since 2010. For the consumer, this "manufacturer" speak and "cutting edge technology" that has come out every year since 2010 is severely misleading and detrimental to this industry and to the consumer's wallets. But perhaps I am wrong, tell me, just how much better are the "new platforms"? Do you have peer-reviewed studies to prove that they are worth another $6000-$8000? I have fit hundreds of premium hearing aids over the last 3 years with 1-2% return rates. Also, a VERY small amount of re-test/reprograms/adjustments. Enlighten me, please. What am I missing? Also, what do I have to gain by sharing this information to hearing aid consumers? I certainly do not need my clinic to be any busier…

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Golf-a-Little View Post
    I believe the Costco's Phonak Brio is the same as the Phonak Audeo Q 90 minus the tinnitus feature and EchoBlock. Both are one generation back from the Phonak Audeo V90 which has a new platform/chip with twice the processing power and up to 30% less battery consumption. But aside from the speed and power consumption I don't see any different features. Thus the "Q" and the "V" occupy the exact same place on the keyboard (so to speak), you just use fewer batteries with "V".

Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Last edited by pvc; 02-12-2015 at 12:30 AM.
    Clickable links in next 2 lines; visible when your post count = 10+: Hidden Content , Hidden Content
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content Hidden Content