Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New solutions for Tinnitus ? Need some help.

Just pointing out that some hearing aids have tinnitus masking built in. Tinnitus masking was initially the reason I talked about hearing aids. Tinnitus was my initial impetus.
    Phonak V90 312T w/ Tinnitus Masker

250hz L-15 R-15

500hz L-25 R-35
    1000hz L-25 R-35
    2000hz L-25 R-30
    3000hz L-35 R-50
    4000hz L-45 R-55
    6000hz L-50 R-75
    8000hz L-60 R-95

Thanks, I'm going to check with an audition center here in France and see how much costs these hearing aids with built-in masks. I just spent another night without sleeping, since two days my ringing is becoming so hard that I can't sleep and have the impression getting nuts, what a nightmare this tinnitus, and why I get this new additional tone on top of my high frequencies ringing since a few days is a mystery to me, I wasn't exposed to any music over the last months, but had a terrible sinusitis which started this new frequency so I have the impression the issue is more related to that then loud music

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hve View Post
    Thanks, I'm going to check with an audition center here in France and see how much costs these hearing aids with built-in masks. I just spent another night without sleeping, since two days my ringing is becoming so hard that I can't sleep and have the impression getting nuts, what a nightmare this tinnitus, and why I get this new additional tone on top of my high frequencies ringing since a few days is a mystery to me, I wasn't exposed to any music over the last months, but had a terrible sinusitis which started this new frequency so I have the impression the issue is more related to that then loud music

You would not wear your hearing aids to sleep so I suggest you do like I have used for a very long time and that is a sound machine for your bedroom. I sleep with one all the time even when I travel. You can adjust the sounds and the volume to what you desire.
    I find it to be a great way to sleep.

http://www.amazon.com/SONEic-Machine...+machine&psc=1
    Last edited by cvkemp; 03-03-2016 at 08:42 AM.
    Chuck
    Navy Vet (Service Related hearing loss)
    Hidden Content
    Oticon custom ITC Alta Pro with Streamer Pro 1.3, TV connect 2, phone connect, Streamer Mic, and IPhone app
    khz 250 500 1K 1.5K 2K 3K 4K 6K 8K
    rht
    lft 25 35 50 60 70 65 65 60 50

Srt
    rht 45db
    lft 40db
    word recognition
    right 44% @90db
    left 80% @ 90db

Ringing is constant since I was a child and did not know others can not hear it. I most likely would feel lost without it.

That being said I have tried many different supplements and vitamins and forum that the only relief it to the pocket books to the charlatans selling the stuff or writing useless books.

My Audi claims that if I got the masker it would just be more noise that I would need to hear over and not worth the investment.

I find that the masker helps but I don't know if the hearing aids without the masker would also help although I suspect they would. The masker in my aids gives white noise which you really don't notice after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by JustEd View Post
    Ringing is constant since I was a child and did not know others can not hear it. I most likely would feel lost without it.

That being said I have tried many different supplements and vitamins and forum that the only relief it to the pocket books to the charlatans selling the stuff or writing useless books.

My Audi claims that if I got the masker it would just be more noise that I would need to hear over and not worth the investment.
    Phonak V90 312T w/ Tinnitus Masker

250hz L-15 R-15

500hz L-25 R-35
    1000hz L-25 R-35
    2000hz L-25 R-30
    3000hz L-35 R-50
    4000hz L-45 R-55
    6000hz L-50 R-75
    8000hz L-60 R-95

Blog Entries

Ed, there are free tinnitus apps from all the major vendors available. If you have streaming available, you can try any number of them to see if you'll benefit.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

My hearing aids do not have the masker in it but I do have the streamer and an app on my smartphone that I stream the white noise to my hearing aids when I need it. But most of the time instead of the white noise I will stream so music and that is even better.
    Chuck
    Navy Vet (Service Related hearing loss)
    Hidden Content
    Oticon custom ITC Alta Pro with Streamer Pro 1.3, TV connect 2, phone connect, Streamer Mic, and IPhone app
    khz 250 500 1K 1.5K 2K 3K 4K 6K 8K
    rht
    lft 25 35 50 60 70 65 65 60 50

Srt
    rht 45db
    lft 40db
    word recognition
    right 44% @90db
    left 80% @ 90db

Quote Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
    You would not wear your hearing aids to sleep so I suggest you do like I have used for a very long time and that is a sound machine for your bedroom. I sleep with one all the time even when I travel. You can adjust the sounds and the volume to what you desire.
    I find it to be a great way to sleep.

http://www.amazon.com/SONEic-Machine...+machine&psc=1

Thanks for that link, will check it out

Quote Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
    My hearing aids do not have the masker in it but I do have the streamer and an app on my smartphone that I stream the white noise to my hearing aids when I need it. But most of the time instead of the white noise I will stream so music and that is even better.
    That is a great suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by KenP View Post
    Ed, there are free tinnitus apps from all the major vendors available. If you have streaming available, you can try any number of them to see if you'll benefit.
    It may pay to give it a try I use the Rexton Onyx currently with a minitec