Thread: Storybook / Picture book for hearing impaired children

Cool Storybook / Picture book for hard of hearing children

Hello everyone. I have browsed these forums often, but this is my first post.

After searching for picture books for dhh children, I found very few options, so I decided to write my own. I have worn hearing aids since kindergarten, so I was able to draw from my own experiences as I created the story.

Yes, I am plugging my story, but ultimately I want hard of hearing children to have a story that they can relate to, something that I did not have growing up. You can check out my story HERE

COVERforum.jpg
    Last edited by jkrebster; 03-21-2016 at 10:35 PM.

Hi Jason

That's a really cute title page you have. I think you are onto something great for young folks understand some issues of hearing loss. Without my doing any real research into age related reading material, have you looked into Gallaudet. edu bookstore if you haven't yet? Another message board for hearing loss is a small one yet you can post your queries specifically to parents and professionals at hearinglikeme.com. Another resource is harriscomm.com.

Good luck with your project.
    Last edited by rweigle; 03-20-2016 at 01:03 PM.
    Richard from Monterey, CA
    binaural sensorineural moderate to profound steep sloping loss

L 250 35 R 250 40
    L 500 65 R 500 65
    L 1K 80 R 1K 95
    L 2K 95 R 2K 100
    L 4K 110 R 4K 110
    L 8K NR R 8K NR

SPEECH DISCRIMINATION R/L 65dB/84%

(2) Naida 5 UP, Zoomlink +, MLxi Microlink receiver, Platronic Voyager 500A BT hub. After two years, on 11/2012 returned IComs and TVLink for new ComPilot, TVLink S, RemoteMic (returned to Audi)Hidden Content

Thank you Richard for your positive feedback and suggestions! I will definitely check out the resources that you mentioned. If you have a Kindle, or the Kindle app, I am offering the book for free all day (March 21st).