I think I would wait and do a re-test in 6 weeks. They're pretty conservative about doing CT scans in children. I'm not afraid of CT scans for myself, but I'm old. I think it's good policy to hold off doing one on a child.
I guess I would ask what they are looking for in the CT scan, and if they find something what would the next step be? Would it lead to a way to reverse or stop the loss?
I think it's a little unusual to see someone in this forum having a CT scan. It's pretty common to do an MRI when a conductive loss is found, to rule out a tumor on the auditory nerve. MRI scans take quite a while, the patient has to remain absolutely still for as long as 4 minutes at a stretch, and the machine makes a lot of noise. I asked the technician what they do when a child needs an MRI and she said usually they sedate the child.
Freq: Right Left
250 40 60
500 50 65
1000 50 60
2000 45 45
4000 65 70
Right: SRT=50 dB, WRS 92% at 70 dB
Left: SRT=60 dB, WRS 80% at 80 dB
Had stapedotomy on left ear in May, 2015. Prior to that had a severe/profound loss across all frequencies in my left ear.