Thread: Life ear amplifier

Default Life ear amplifier

Dear all,
    My friend recommend me buying this one :
    Life ear amplifier

Could somebody has been using it tell me the pros and cons of Life ear ?

Thanks

Blog Entries

You are looking at a class of aid called a PSAP -- personal sound amplification product. It is much like a mobile version of TV ears. It is useful to those with a mild to moderate hearing loss with good word recognition.

Costco sells a Bernafon aid for $495/each which put them in the ballpark for PSAP pricing. It would be fit using testing data. You might find that a better solution in the general price range.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by bpm213 View Post
    Dear all,
    My friend recommend me buying this one :
    Life ear amplifier

Could somebody has been using it tell me the pros and cons of Life ear ?

Thanks
    These considerations apply to PSAPs in general. And no, I haven't used the "Life Ear," but I've been paying attention to these developments for several years. Most importantly, what works for your friend might not work for you. Hearing loss is complicated, and very personal.

Pros: Cheap, doesn't need professional adjustment

Cons: Depending on your hearing loss, and needs, might not work as well as a "real" -- i.e. configurable -- hearing aid

You would be very wise to get a professional hearing test. Costco is a good place for this. They will test you and give you some professional advice, for free, and without any commitment.

If you ask, they will readily give you a copy of your test results. You can them come back here and people can give you some more specific support.

Good luck! The first steps in dealing with hearing loss are big ones.
    250 500 1K 1.5K 2K 3K 4K 6K 8K Costco KS7
    R 25 50 60 60 60 50 50 50 65 SRT: 55dB WRS: 84% @85dB
    L 30 60 60 60 60 55 60 60 70 SRT: 60dB WRS: 88% @90dB