Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Downloading Fitting Software - Easy? Hard?

1. Default Is Downloading Fitting Software - Easy? Hard?

Quote Originally Posted by xxxxxx;nnnnn
    Genie http://support.oticon.ca/...also you must be aware of Genie versus >>Genie2<<
    Phonak Target http://fittingsw-objects.phonak.com/....0.1.29364.exe
    Phonak iPFG https://www.phonakpro.com/com/en/sup...downloads.html
    ReSound Aventa http://www.supportgn.com/resound/sub...es_patches.php
    Bernafon Oasis
    Starkey Inspire -and- Starkey Patient Database
    Connexx6.5.5/SiFit6.10.3 for Siemens/Signia older/legacy
    Connexx6.5.5/RexFit6.8.4 for Rexton older/legacy
    Connexx8.2.10/SiFit8.2.10 for Siemens/Signia newer/current
    Connexx8.2.9/RexFit8.2.1 for Rexton newer/current
    UnitronTrueFitCustomer3.4.0 2017.02.01
    Hansaton
    Widex-Compass >>Best Effort Search<< Widex Compass 5.4.1 may be available as a torrent file... If you are familar with filesharing via BitTorrent then post a separate thread asking if anyone has this torrent file, you may get lucky
    I anonymized the above links I found for downloading fitting software. Links may deteriorate over time.

This Easy/Medium/Difficult classification is for how difficult it is to obtain fitting software?
    Easy: Oticon-Genie2/Genie, Phonak-Target/iPFG, ReSound-Aventa, Bernafon-Oasis

Sorta-Easy: Starkey-Inspire

Medium: Siemens/Signia-Connexx w/SiFit database, Rexton-Connexx w/RexFit database

Very Difficult: Unitron-Truefit/Unifit, Widex-Compass

Impossible?
    Costco locked-version of ReSound-Aventa for Kirkland Signature (KS5 and KS6)

Which version of the fitting software? Generally you will want the latest version of the fitting software. The latest version is capable of fitting most of the current hearing aids models including the latest models. However, if you have legacy/older hearing aids then the latest software version may not support your older model.

Some fitting software (Target, Genie/Genie2, Connexx 8) programs have an update feature that will download and install updates to the fitting software giving you the latest version. Look for it. Also be skeptical about buying Free-Fitting-Software from EBay. You will likely get an older version.

Some vendors switch software platforms, for example;
    PhonaK: iPFG software supports older models while the newer Phonak Target software supports newer models.

Oticon:
    Genie software supports older models while the newer Oticon >>Genie2<< supports newer models (beginning with Opn). Downloading Genie2 gets you both versions but if you want to run the old version instead of running the default new >>Genie2<< version then you need to choose a separate .exe file in order to run the old version. Hint, click this link >>Genie2<<.

Connexx:
    Connexx Fitting Software has two different parts: 1) The Connexx fitting software 2) The Hearing Instrument/HI database. You need a SiFit HI database for Siemens/Signia HIs. You need a RexFit HI database for Rexton HIs. There are many different versions (old and new) of each of the two parts. Some versions may not run on different Windows OS versions. You will usually find the two pieces you need together in one download. If you want this to work only for Siemens/Signia HIs then install only the version with SiFit HI database. If you want this to work only for Rexton HIs then install only the version with RexFit HI database. If you want it to work for both (Siemens/Signia and Rexton) then install both versions. After installing both you will end up with one Connexx with two HI databases and two commands to run the software. There are other (more obscure) Connexx versions (Hansaton, Electone) not included here.
    Last edited by pvc; 03-16-2017 at 09:27 PM.
    Clickable links in next 2 lines; visible when your post count = 10+: Hidden Content , Hidden Content
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content Hidden Content

By "download," do you mean to find, download, and/or install?

The problem for me has been the "finding" part. And with some of these I either haven't tried, or couldn't, find them, because I didn't need them.

There's also the Rexton version of Connexx, which I have not found bundled with the Siemens/Signia version. Same software, yes, but different databases, and the Siemens/Signia version won't work with the Costco KS7s, at least.
    250 500 1K 1.5K 2K 3K 4K 6K 8K Costco KS7
    R 25 50 60 60 60 50 50 50 65 SRT: 55dB WRS: 84% @85dB
    L 30 60 60 60 60 55 60 60 70 SRT: 60dB WRS: 88% @90dB

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    By "download," do you mean to find, download, and/or install?-<snip>-
    Thanks corona. Let's call it degree of difficulty to obtain/find the software. Sometimes newbies show up expecting to find a free app for each and every version of the fitting software. Some are easy to obtain. Some are very difficult to to obtain.

TRYNA build a thread to shed light on the subject since none of us know how to obtain all the fitting software.
    Last edited by pvc; 12-06-2016 at 03:09 PM.
    Clickable links in next 2 lines; visible when your post count = 10+: Hidden Content , Hidden Content
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content Hidden Content

I haven't kept very careful track of where I've found things. And in some cases, I've downloaded multiple versions, from multiple sources, and found that not all of them work.

Of course, one problem, too, is that the situation always changes. Resound Aventa, Oticon Genie, and Phonak iPFG and Target can be found at actual manufacturer sites -- I guess you're right that that would make it easy! Connexx, though, as far as I can tell, pops up here and there. I did once try to find Compass, since I've got an old pair of Widex aids, but simply could not, so I bought an original CD and full set of shoes on eBay.

I've never had a problem, but there's also the security question. I keep routine backups; create restore points; use VirusTotal.com, and Avast locally -- but with some of it there aren't, obviously, any guarantees.

Anyway, as far as your list goes, it makes sense to me so far.

Also, I think it's great that you follow up on this stuff. It's an invaluable service, IMO.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    I've never had a problem, but there's also the security question. I keep routine backups; create restore points; use VirusTotal.com, and Avast locally -- but with some of it there aren't, obviously, any guarantees.
    I use a PC with two harddrives. Windows OS resides on my C:\ drive and my data resides on my second harddrive. I use Windows Image Backup and Restore to backup the entire image of C:\ onto my second harddrive. If anything happens I can restore an exact copy of my C:\ drive.

I backup images on a regular basis but especially before loading new/not-yet-trusted software. I also have a second spare computer (two computers connected to one monitor). So Yeah, I'm with you about security!

Yes -- and I scan downloaded files locally before opening, and will even do a whois check on non-https sites (like the Phonak download site). And watch, after all that, disaster will strike this afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by pvc View Post
    Impossible? Costco version of ReSound-Aventa for Kirkland Signature (KS5 and KS6)
    Good point!

I have found the degree of difficulty in finding older software, particularly Siemens Connexx to suit Pure 300 range, extremely difficult to find. It seems that Before Cxx6.5.5/6103 everything has dried up. I have viewed almost every thread in this forum and followed up any link that would produce Cxx6.4. Nothing so far. I have even PM'd old members with no luck either. Not blaming anybody in particular as all links eventually die as the owner doesn't require them anymore. My latest link is a Magnet Torrent which has 5 different software programs/database from 5 different companies weighing in at 7.1GB. I've had the Torrent running for a week with nothing downloading. I guess the more difficult it is to find the more people will upgrade their HI's to take advantage of the newer technology.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ricked View Post
    I have found the degree of difficulty in finding older software, particularly Siemens Connexx to suit Pure 300 range,-<snip>-.
    Good point. I'm not sure how old Siemens Pure 300s are, but finding fitting software for legacy model hearing aids is likely to be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricked View Post
    I have found the degree of difficulty in finding older software, particularly Siemens Connexx to suit Pure 300 range, extremely difficult to find. It seems that Before Cxx6.5.5/6103 everything has dried up. I have viewed almost every thread in this forum and followed up any link that would produce Cxx6.4. Nothing so far. I have even PM'd old members with no luck either. Not blaming anybody in particular as all links eventually die as the owner doesn't require them anymore. My latest link is a Magnet Torrent which has 5 different software programs/database from 5 different companies weighing in at 7.1GB. I've had the Torrent running for a week with nothing downloading. I guess the more difficult it is to find the more people will upgrade their HI's to take advantage of the newer technology.
    I still have this torrent on my disks, I think:

If it's the same, just post the link to the magnet and I'll start reseeding it.