Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Connexx Smart Connect with KS7 & iPhone problems changing programs when using the phone

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    26

    Default Connexx Smart Connect with KS7 & iPhone problems changing programs when using the phone

    I have the KS7 with the Connexx Smart Connect around the neck and the smart connect app on my iphone. Lately, everytime I wake the iphone to use it, it switches from automatic program to streaming audio. I cannot get it to stay on automatic. What am I doing wrong?

  2. Default

    You're not doing anything wrong. The Streaming Audio program is dedicated for use with the Smart Connect and allows your fitter to customize the frequency response when you're streaming audio or phone calls. You can have the program deleted if you want to stay in Automatic all the time.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rasmus_braun View Post
    You're not doing anything wrong. The Streaming Audio program is dedicated for use with the Smart Connect and allows your fitter to customize the frequency response when you're streaming audio or phone calls. You can have the program deleted if you want to stay in Automatic all the time.
    It had been staying in Automatic for the last month or more and just started this recently. I have not had any reprogramming done recently, so that is not the case.I would understand it changing for streaming audio or phone calls, but not just when checking my iphone for texts or other things.

  4. Default

    Have you installed any new apps recently? They might be generating notifications that trigger the streaming program.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rasmus_braun View Post
    Have you installed any new apps recently? They might be generating notifications that trigger the streaming program.
    Only 1 and I just checked and notifications are off, but good thought. The blue light comes on anytime I get a text or check my phone for anything.
    Last edited by Tazmnaz; 12-11-2016 at 06:33 PM.

  6. Default

    The blue light indicates audio streaming is active. Something on your phone is generating sounds and you have to locate it and turn it off. Go to Settings, Sounds and check the Text Tone and Keyboard Clicks options.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rasmus_braun View Post
    The blue light indicates audio streaming is active. Something on your phone is generating sounds and you have to locate it and turn it off. Go to Settings, Sounds and check the Text Tone and Keyboard Clicks options.
    Thanks. It took a bit of trying but when I changed ringer alerts change with buttons to off it went back to normal. ����������

  8. #8

    Default

    I bought KS7's last night and was disappointed to discover that I need the smart connect to use the app to adjust my hearing aids...worst of all the "specialist" at Costco is arguing with me - telling me I dont need the smart connect use the app, that the smart connect is only for streaming audio...frustrating

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    362

    Default

    There are two different apps. To use the Smart Connect app, yes, you'd need a Smart Connect, but there's also a Smart Remote app that will let you control your hearing aids. So, install the Smart Remote app on your smart phone and you're good to go.
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

    15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •