Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EBay?

1. Default EBay?

Why are inexpensive Ebay HAs a bad deal. I found some NEW $5K HAs for just $900. How can I go wrong?

I've bought a bunch of hearing aids on eBay. They were all just great.

Check the seller. There are a few people on there who sell a lot of hearing aids, and at least one has a regular business on the side.

But it's obviously risky, or at least more risky than buying from a clinic.

Do a search on the forum. Someone -- pvc? -- had good tips, like making the purchase through your credit card. You do have some protections with eBay and Paypal if you do it right.

Oh there is one problem, and that is that it might not be so easy to find a clinic to set them up for you. I only went down the DIY route because I couldn't find anyone who would help me.

Clinics will sell you custom earmolds, however. But when it comes to supplies -- receivers, if you need those, or tubes, domes, etc. -- you'll have to get them on the internet, or on eBay. So you'll need to know what you need.

I just bought new from Costco, but I only did that because I lost my last pair, and I wanted the peace of mind, as they say, of the insurance.
    250 500 1K 1.5K 2K 3K 4K 6K 8K Costco KS7
    R 25 50 60 60 60 50 50 50 65 SRT: 55dB WRS: 84% @85dB
    L 30 60 60 60 60 55 60 60 70 SRT: 60dB WRS: 88% @90dB

I bought a pair of three month old v90's on eBay for 40%of the Buyhear price. They are perfect just as the seller said. I knew more about my seller than people know about Buyhere although they are now gaining a good reputation. You have to use the tools ebay gives you and keep your business head on. Because the serial number on Phonak tells the date of manufacture I had a leg up on other buyers and used the buy-it-now price.

. . .and be prepared to get them programmed yourself. I knew the equipment and more importantly the software was obtainable and where.

You could lose $900.
    Carol

Linx 961>Linx2 961> Phonak Audeo V90 312T L&R
    Hz 250 500 1K 2K 3K 4K 5K 6K 8K
    L 25 25 15 35 40 40 60 60 55
    R 25 25 15 30 40 35 35 55 50
    Speech
    L 83% 40dB, 100% 50dB
    R 80% 40dB, 97% 50dB

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Psocoptera View Post
    You could lose $900.
    You could save $5000! Self-Programming-Help
    Clickable links in next 2 lines; visible when your post count = 10+: Hidden Content , Hidden Content
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content Hidden Content

7. Default

Well,,, maybe $4000
    Clickable links in next 2 lines; visible when your post count = 10+: Hidden Content , Hidden Content
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content Hidden Content

Not for the technically challenged though.

Yeah, it seems best for people who enjoy the challenge and don't mind sorting out problems. If you're looking for a new hobby, great. If your time is precious and money isn't a real issue, commercial route makes sense.
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Coroplast View Post
    Not for the technically challenged though.
    You are correct! The technically challenged ppl should continue with being helped/fleeced by professionals. They have no other choice.

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    Yeah, it seems best for people who enjoy the challenge and don't mind sorting out problems. If you're looking for a new hobby, great. If your time is precious and money isn't a real issue, commercial route makes sense.
    I'm unsure if it was your intention, but you shouldn't trivialize the self programming community. This has nothing to do with a hobby! The "commercial route" is seriously flawed.