Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EBay?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Coroplast View Post
    . . .and be prepared to get them programmed yourself. -<snip>-
    Also on EBay you can find a "Hearing Aid Programming Service". This could be an option for ppl with a typical mild or moderate hearing loss.
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming links"
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content

No disrespect intended. Just trying to convey that this was a serious endeavor and that it would take a significant time commitment.
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    No disrespect intended. Just trying to convey that this was a serious endeavor and that it would take a significant time commitment.
    Yep, it does take a significant time commitment
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming links"

4. Default

OK, I am not technologically challenged,40+ years as an EE, CE, and ME. But I am OLD, 80, so much of my data base is OLD....LOL
    I bought the Resound Linx2 962s, a pair of them, programed before delivery, advertised as NEW, with a remote. Will get them in a week. Much less than the Audiologist wanted. I feel bad because I felt I owed her some loyalty after she worked with me and showed me what I needed, but $6000 is an awful lot of loyalty. (the price she quoted, $5000, was for the 761s, for the 961s she wanted $6700)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jimisbell View Post
    OK, I am not technologically challenged,40+ years as an EE, CE, and ME. But I am OLD, 80, so much of my data base is OLD....LOL
    I bought the Resound Linx2 962s, a pair of them, programed before delivery, advertised as NEW, with a remote. Will get them in a week. Much less than the Audiologist wanted. I feel bad because I felt I owed her some loyalty after she worked with me and showed me what I needed, but $6000 is an awful lot of loyalty. (the price she quoted, $5000, was for the 761s, for the 961s she wanted $6700)
    Now that's what I'm talking about!! $6K is definitely too much loyalty. Good work jimisbell.

He asked how he could go wrong not how it could go right.

And not knowing basics like the aids were digital(see his other thread) is not a good sign for self-programming success.
    Carol

Linx 961>Linx2 961> Phonak Audeo V90 312T L&R
    Hz 250 500 1K 2K 3K 4K 5K 6K 8K
    L 25 25 15 35 40 40 60 60 55
    R 25 25 15 30 40 35 35 55 50
    Speech
    L 83% 40dB, 100% 50dB
    R 80% 40dB, 97% 50dB

7. Default

Wrong, right? What the hell is the difference in context of the OP?

He knows they are digital now. Without dropping $6000 to $7000.

Let him come back later and tell us whether it was successful or not.

No need to Pooh, Pooh his decision this early. Unless you are biased.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Psocoptera View Post
    And not knowing basics like the aids were digital(see his other thread) is not a good sign for self-programming success.
    You can look at the jimisbell post below to see that his decision is based on experience with that specific line of hearing aids.

Quote Originally Posted by jimisbell View Post
    Just bought a pair marked NEW on Ebay with programming. Am now lookig for device/software for programming them. I demoed a pair of Linx2 761s first and decided I needed the top of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by pvc View Post
    Now that's what I'm talking about!! $6K is definitely too much loyalty. Good work jimisbell.

I agree, you made a good choice. I myself inquire about going back to my audiologist for programming if I had any issues (backup plan). They agreed, but would charge me an expensive "office programming fee". Anyway, long story short, after two weeks with self programming, I don't think I'll ever go back to an audiologist for programming, as I feel I have so much more control. Jimisbell, with your tech background, you should have no issues.