Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stuck in ear

It's really quite simple. Yawn and/or tug on your ear lobe, and slide the aid out. I've worn ventless custom molds all my life, and I can almost guarantee you there is no mold in existence that can seal that well.
    L:75....75....70.....75.....65......60
    R: no hearing

Just wondering ... but do these aids come with a "leash" option? I have them on my trial Opn miniRITE aids right now. The leash makes it SUPER easy to not only insert the aids, but also to remove them at day's end. I have the double-dome Widex power dome size (L) on these Oticon aids (believe it or not, they are compatible), and often find a gluey kind of "vacuum" seal due to their large, unvented size.

By gently pulling on both my leash and the earlobe at once, I can unseat these suckers and gently ease them out! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jimisbell View Post
    I am demoing a pair of Resound Linx2 761s. I am in the third day. This evening when I tried to remove the left one, it was stuck. Apparently a vacuum was keeping me from removing it. The vacuum was pulling on my ear drum and it was painful. I persevered and it came out, but not without pain that I dont want to experience again. What do I do to prevent this in the future???
    HAs from 1985>Starkey>Phonak>Epoq>AGXO ITE>Oticon Alta Pro ITE>Oticon Opn miniRITE

KHz 0.25...0.5...1.0...2.0...3.0...4.0....6.0...8.0

Left ..65....80....80....65.....65....60....65....90
    Right 65....80....80....75.....75....70....65....90

Quote Originally Posted by Volusiano View Post
    OK, my toothpick advice is not meant as a long term solution to be used repeatedly, obviously.
    With respect, I don't think your toothpick advice should be used even once! If it's so stuck it won't come out with some patience, wiggling, and jaw-wagging, I think you're best off going down to the medical clinic.
    250 500 1K 1.5K 2K 3K 4K 6K 8K Costco KS7
    R 25 50 60 60 60 50 50 50 65 SRT: 55dB WRS: 84% @85dB
    L 30 60 60 60 60 55 60 60 70 SRT: 60dB WRS: 88% @90dB

4. Default

I stuck it back in this morning thinking it wouldnt do it again. Bad idea, it did do it again. Twice is just adventurous, three times is stupid. I will not go for stupid....LOL But the idea of wiggling it back and fourth solved the immediate problem.

Now to try the the "slit fix" before inserting it again. I did notice that the right side has two slits in it. The sticking one has none.

I just thought of another way I use to get aids out - this worked great with ITE aids (custom, hard-case mold): Just push your ear from behind while pulling down on the earlobe. I can do this with just one hand even. It's kind of like turning a muffin out of silicone cup, if you get the analogy?

It appears you got two different domes, tho! If one is slit and the other not, no wonder you have the vacuum seal. Was it a manufacturing defect, or did your audiologist actually think a NON-vented dome would work in one ear?

Quote Originally Posted by jimisbell View Post
    I stuck it back in this morning thinking it wouldnt do it again. Bad idea, it did do it again. Twice is just adventurous, three times is stupid. I will not go for stupid....LOL But the idea of wiggling it back and fourth solved the immediate problem.

Now to try the the "slit fix" before inserting it again. I did notice that the right side has two slits in it. The sticking one has none.
    HAs from 1985>Starkey>Phonak>Epoq>AGXO ITE>Oticon Alta Pro ITE>Oticon Opn miniRITE

KHz 0.25...0.5...1.0...2.0...3.0...4.0....6.0...8.0

Left ..65....80....80....65.....65....60....65....90
    Right 65....80....80....75.....75....70....65....90