Thread: Resound Verso vs Linx2

1. Default Resound Verso vs Linx2

Is there a meaningful difference between the Verso 962 and the Linx2 962 other then the ability to use the cell phone to control it?

ReSound says they are still selling BOTH. They say the Linx2 has the the "latest technology" but cant tell me if that is an advantage or not.

Is there an advantage to the Linx2?

Blog Entries

Isn't the Verso their BTE model?
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +

Visit my blog here for post that I think valuable -- especially new members.

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

3. Default

There is an RIE model of the Verso that is physically the same, as far as I can tell, as the Linx2 962

4. Default

Hi Yes there are differences but not so many in sound quality, its mainly functionality of controls and direct connect to IPhone. Plus extra control via the App. That said the connectivity of the Linx can be a little bit dubious at times and the direct connect streaming quality is not as good as the streaming sound quality on the verso, via the separate phone clip or TV streamer.

I have a very highly tweaked set of Verso 961's and generally sound quality (and in some cases speech quality), they are close to the Linx. However the Linx is better, especially Linx2, in speech and automatic controls for microphone focus (beam forming) directionality. Or whatever you might like to call directional pick up of sound. Different manufacturers use different names for very similar functions. The main differences between the Verso and the Linx is the Linx has improved speech in sound, better controls and user access to functions that are only available via software programming on the Verso.

Unless the verso has been changed drastically change in the past 2 years (which i doubt) it never had direct connect to the Iphone, only connection to the Phone via a separate device called the phone clip plus. Hopefully one off the more learned professionals hear could advise better on this point.

i have a long comparison test between the Verso, the Linx the Linx2 and several other aids.

If you would like a copy please email me on ian@brittstuff.co.uk unfortunately its too big to post here.

Regards Ian

Quote Originally Posted by jimisbell View Post
    There is an RIE model of the Verso that is physically the same, as far as I can tell, as the Linx2 962
    ------250 - 500 - 750 - 1k - 1.5k - 2k - 3 k - 4k - 6k - 8k
    L ----- 40 --- 30 ------0 ----25 ---15 -----5 -- 15 --- 45 --50-- 55
    R ----- 40 -- 30-------0 --- 30 ---20 --- 10 -- 20 ---45 ---55 -45

Resound Verso 961's - Open fit

5. Default

Yes but not a much as folks would like. (if you have the ability to fine tune yourself) Not recommended for the uninitiated but very possible if you have time and prepared to learn) . . Please see my previous post

I have a full comparison long term comparison if anyone wishes.

QUOTE=jimisbell;146968]Is there a meaningful difference between the Verso 962 and the Linx2 962 other then the ability to use the cell phone to control it?

ReSound says they are still selling BOTH. They say the Linx2 has the the "latest technology" but cant tell me if that is an advantage or not.

Is there an advantage to the Linx2?[/QUOTE]
    ------250 - 500 - 750 - 1k - 1.5k - 2k - 3 k - 4k - 6k - 8k
    L ----- 40 --- 30 ------0 ----25 ---15 -----5 -- 15 --- 45 --50-- 55
    R ----- 40 -- 30-------0 --- 30 ---20 --- 10 -- 20 ---45 ---55 -45

Resound Verso 961's - Open fit