Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some tip after OPN new firmware update

Seems like the autophone being turned on is what triggered the issue. The firmware update should address this.

^^^ How did you deduce that it was the Autophone mode being enabled that triggered the issue? Volusiano had Autophone enabled a while back, and it seemed to me that it was more a function of the firmware upgrade causing the latest issues with feedback. I'd really like to know what's causing it, cuz I'm due to return to my aud-guy next week and: 1.) have him enable Autophone (just want to see if it works with ALL phones) and 2.) ask for that same firmware upgrade ... as I've been in trial with these Opns for 60 days now. (and geez, is my aud-guy a SAINT when it comes to trials.)
    HAs from 1985>Starkey>Phonak>AGX>Oticon Agil Pro ITE>Oticon Opn miniRITE

KHz 0.25...0.5...1.0...2.0...3.0...4.0....6.0...8.0

Left ..65....80....80....65.....65....60....65....90
    Right 65....80....80....75.....75....70....65....90

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Abarsanti View Post
    Seems like the autophone being turned on is what triggered the issue. The firmware update should address this.
    I have the exact question for Abarsanti as 1Bluejay does.

1) Why do you think AutoPhone is the cause of the short feedback when changing program? I had Autophone enabled already BEFORE the firmware update and I didn't have that feedback issue until AFTER the firmware update.

2) Also would like to know why you think the firmware update should address this issue? It was after the firmware update that the issue surfaced for me. So in my case the firmware update didn't address the issue, nor did it exist before the firmware update.
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

KHz 0.25...0.5...0.75...1.0...1.5...2.0...3.0...4.0... 6.0...8.0

Left ...10...10....10.....30.....70....75....80....95.. ..90....80
    Right .25...30....40.....55.....75....85....90....90...1 00...100

Quote Originally Posted by Volusiano View Post
    I have the exact question for Abarsanti as 1Bluejay does.

1) Why do you think AutoPhone is the cause of the short feedback when changing program? I had Autophone enabled already BEFORE the firmware update and I didn't have that feedback issue until AFTER the firmware update.

2) Also would like to know why you think the firmware update should address this issue? It was after the firmware update that the issue surfaced for me. So in my case the firmware update didn't address the issue, nor did it exist before the firmware update.
    At my last adjustment, I requested that the autophone feature be turned on along with some other tweaks. After the adjustment, I started having pairing issues with my iPhone. I could only connect 1 aid and thus streaming only came in to 1 ear. I went through a bunch of steps to try to unpair and re-pair the aids, but nothing worked. Finally, I was told that the aids needed to have the firmware updated to the most recent version to correct the pairing issue. I then asked the fitter to try turning off the autophone and see if that would allow both aids to again be paired with my iPhone. As soon as the autophone feature was turned off, the aids now both pair back to my iPhone. The fitter thinks that the new firmware update specifically addresses some pairing issues with iPhone so they are still going to update the firmware for me and hopefully then the autophone feature can be turned back on without any pairing issues.
    Tony
    ---------------------
    Oticon OPNs
    Previously: Bernafon Juna 9s with Soundgate 3
    ----------------------
    55 55 50 10 60 25
    250 500 1000 2000 4000 8000
    55 60 45 15 20 10

Word Recognition, 60% at 70 db (left), 96% at 65db (right)
    <Tested 1/2/17>

5. Default

At my last adjustment, I requested that the autophone feature be turned on along with some other tweaks. After the adjustment, I started having pairing issues with my iPhone. I could only connect 1 aid and thus streaming only came in to 1 ear. I went through a bunch of steps to try to unpair and re-pair the aids, but nothing worked. Finally, I was told that the aids needed to have the firmware updated to the most recent version to correct the pairing issue. I then asked the fitter to try turning off the autophone and see if that would allow both aids to again be paired with my iPhone. As soon as the autophone feature was turned off, the aids now both pair back to my iPhone. The fitter thinks that the new firmware update specifically addresses some pairing issues with iPhone so they are still going to update the firmware for me and hopefully then the autophone feature can be turned back on without any pairing issues.
    OK, I see. But it seems like we're talking about different things here.

1Bluejay and I were talking about the short feedback screech I experienced after the new firmware update.

You're talking about your pairing issue you experienced with your iPhone due to enabling Autophone that you hope will be fixed by the new firmware update.

Two completely different things.
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Volusiano View Post
    OK, I see. But it seems like we're talking about different things here.

1Bluejay and I were talking about the short feedback screech I experienced after the new firmware update.

You're talking about your pairing issue you experienced with your iPhone due to enabling Autophone that you hope will be fixed by the new firmware update.

Two completely different things.
    Yes, 2 different things. I have not experienced any feedback issues with the OPNs.
    Tony
    ---------------------
    Oticon OPNs
    Previously: Bernafon Juna 9s with Soundgate 3
    ----------------------
    55 55 50 10 60 25
    250 500 1000 2000 4000 8000
    55 60 45 15 20 10

Word Recognition, 60% at 70 db (left), 96% at 65db (right)
    <Tested 1/2/17>

Well, adding my own 2-cents' worth today! I got in a week EARLY to see my aud-guy today - hallelujia! So I was able to get a bunch of stuff taken care of. First off, to my surprise, the AutoPhone was already ENABLED! I guess I have not had to use a phone (telecoil?) that triggered it yet, cuz I had NO idea it was even set for ON. Now that I know that, we'll see if it's ever triggered.

On top of that, I decided to have a dedicated phone program set up once again. I'd done this over a month ago, and could not hear any better in that program than default Program 1 on the phone - BUT! That was when I had too-loose Widex tulip domes on my aids. With the present Widex power domes (size L in left ear, M in right), I hear quite well on all phones. However, after my aud-guy set up a program with more GAIN in the left ear (and muted the volume in the right ear for that program), I found that I could hear even better on the phone! NOTE: My test call is *always* to call Anthem insurance. Y'never get a human being there, anyway, just hours of robo-recording - so it's even better than dialing the weather station in terms of non-stop monotonic VOICE to test out your aids. OK, this is good. I'll try using Program 3 for the phone now.

The minute my aud-guy paired up my aids to the Genie sw, a prompt popped up in the corner of his screen saying "Firmware upgrade now available" - so, to my delight, that was also done today! I'd already told my aud-guy that I first learned HERE about that upgrade, but it appears that he also gets notices from Oticon.

Right now, with both AutoPhone enabled and the firmware upgrade done, I have NO ISSUES! Now did I just jinx that? I'll find out when I watch TV tonight, cuz I also had him remove my old TV program - apparently he'd thought I needed to have one dedicated to the streamer when in fact, the TV streamer automatically kicks in once your aids are paired with it.

YEAH. LIFE IS GOOD! :-)
    Last edited by 1Bluejay; 12-28-2016 at 08:15 PM.
    HAs from 1985>Starkey>Phonak>AGX>Oticon Agil Pro ITE>Oticon Opn miniRITE

KHz 0.25...0.5...1.0...2.0...3.0...4.0....6.0...8.0

Left ..65....80....80....65.....65....60....65....90
    Right 65....80....80....75.....75....70....65....90

Great to hear. For the autophone, I had it activated for about a week before we deactivated it. I had to put the phone ear piece literally on the aid to activate it. It worked for my business phone as well as my iPhone and CaptionCall phone. You hear a chime when it turns on.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 1Bluejay View Post
    Well, adding my own 2-cents' worth today! I got in a week EARLY to see my aud-guy today - hallelujia! So I was able to get a bunch of stuff taken care of. First off, to my surprise, the AutoPhone was already ENABLED! I guess I have not had to use a phone (telecoil?) that triggered it yet, cuz I had NO idea it was even set for ON. Now that I know that, we'll see if it's ever triggered.

On top of that, I decided to have a dedicated phone program set up once again.
    The Autophone will override whatever mode you're in and automatically take you to the OPN phone mode when/if it detects the magnet on the phone handset or headset that you put over the HA. So if you have both a special dedicated phone program and the Autophone coexisting together, as long as you use something that doesn't trigger the Autophone then it's OK and you'll get your dedicated signal. But if you uses something that triggers Autophone but you want to use the dedicated special phone program, you won't be able to. I may be stating the obvious here and you already know this potential conflict.

It'd be interesting to see how you like the Autophone (if you can ever find something that triggers it) compared to your dedicated phone program. Did your audi tell you what he did to set up the dedicated phone program for you? I'm curious to know how it's set up differently compared to the normal default program.

10. Default

Great to hear. For the autophone, I had it activated for about a week before we deactivated it. I had to put the phone ear piece literally on the aid to activate it. It worked for my business phone as well as my iPhone and CaptionCall phone. You hear a chime when it turns on.
    Glad to get confirmation from others that Autophone works for them like it works for me, too. Too bad it messed up your iPhone pairing. Hopefully the new firmware update will fix it for you.