Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wire detached from the receiver(updated)

Default Wire detached from the receiver(updated)

My previous post included poor descriptions because I wasn't aware of the terminology. My Phonak HA's receiver became detached from the wire and it is inoperable. I will send it in to the VA repair facility, but wondered if any one else had problems of similar occurrences? Thanks.

Do NOT send it off.. Call your VA AuD. See your other post.

Planning to call Audiologist on Monday. She's in Oregon though, and I'm in southern Utah until late March. That's why I thought sending it to Denver was the way to go. Got the new HA's on May 5th. Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas!

If there's a VA hospital any where near your location, you should be able to walk-in without an appointment for repairs, such as getting a receiver replaced.

Call first to see what times they do that. For instance, my local VA audiology clinic allows repair walk-ins from 10:30 to 11:30 AM and 2:30 to 3:30 PM.
    ReSound Linx² LS962-DRW

Hidden Content

There's a VA clinic in damn near every county find the one closest to you call explain your predicament.

I have Phonak hearing aids. The wires on the receiver in canal (RIC) last about two years and then the receiver has to be replaced. I have found them on Amazon for about $85 once you are beyond the warranty.

Jeff
    250 20/20
    500 25/25
    1000 40/45
    2000 50/55
    4000 60/70
    8000 75/90

2 X Phonak Naida Q70

Never need to buy your own parts or pay for any type of repair for VA aids.

Quote Originally Posted by jlgreer1 View Post
    I have Phonak hearing aids. The wires on the receiver in canal (RIC) last about two years and then the receiver has to be replaced. I have found them on Amazon for about $85 once you are beyond the warranty.

Jeff

Government offices are closed tomorrow, so I need to call Tuesday. Merry Christmas!

9. Default

Maybe pay detailed attention to Doc Jake’s advice. He's a former VA Audiologist giving sincere help and attention to vets.
    Clickable links in next 2 lines; visible when your post count = 10+: Hidden Content , Hidden Content
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content Hidden Content

Yes, planning to follow Doc Jakes advice, and really appreciate the input. I would have done things bass ackwards.