Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wire detached from the receiver(updated)

I wonder if having a "leash" on the new wire could help prevent the receiver coming off as easily? While the inch-long leash I have on my Oticon Opn miniRITE RIEs drives me a bit crazy (I need the length adjusted), it does help SUPER in not only seating my power domes, but also removing my aids at day's end. Instead of yanking on the wire from aid-to-receiver-in-ear, I pull outward on the leash, and voila! Power dome plops right out of my ear canal really easy. Maybe ask about having a leash put on when you get the ear wire re-attached to the receiver? GOOD LUCK in a speedy resolution.

Things like this have convinced me to always have a backup on hand, cuz I have zero margin for error in terms of not having two working aids in my ears at all times.
    HAs from 1985>Starkey>Phonak>Epoq>AGXO ITE>Oticon Alta Pro ITE>Oticon Opn miniRITE

KHz 0.25...0.5...1.0...2.0...3.0...4.0....6.0...8.0

Left ..65....80....80....65.....65....60....65....90
    Right 65....80....80....75.....75....70....65....90

Try reading the OP posts..

Quote Originally Posted by 1Bluejay View Post
    I wonder if having a "leash" on the new wire could help prevent the receiver coming off as easily? While the inch-long leash I have on my Oticon Opn miniRITE RIEs drives me a bit crazy (I need the length adjusted), it does help SUPER in not only seating my power domes, but also removing my aids at day's end. Instead of yanking on the wire from aid-to-receiver-in-ear, I pull outward on the leash, and voila! Power dome plops right out of my ear canal really easy. Maybe ask about having a leash put on when you get the ear wire re-attached to the receiver? GOOD LUCK in a speedy resolution.

Things like this have convinced me to always have a backup on hand, cuz I have zero margin for error in terms of not having two working aids in my ears at all times.

^^^ Re: the OP posts ... Do you mean read the Opn posts? In any case, I had to guffaw yesterday, as my aud-guy said do NOT pull on the leash to remove my aids. He says that over time, if I just leave the leash be, it will mold into a perfect curl inside the ear. By yanking my aids out with the leash every night, I was actually undoing that molded fit. Over time, the leash just curled into a corkscrew and then I had to trim it. I got new leashes put on my aids yesterday and will leave them be.

So now I remove my Opns by pulling gently on the EARWIRE as it curves to the front of my ears - not near the mic area, not near the receiver in my ear.
    HAs from 1985>Starkey>Phonak>Epoq>AGXO ITE>Oticon Alta Pro ITE>Oticon Opn miniRITE

KHz 0.25...0.5...1.0...2.0...3.0...4.0....6.0...8.0

Left ..65....80....80....65.....65....60....65....90
    Right 65....80....80....75.....75....70....65....90

What is the purpose of the leash then?
    250 500 1k 2k 3k 4k 6k 8k
    R 50 55 50 45 60 70 100 80
    L 50 45 45 55 70 90 95 90

It's not a "leash", it's an ear lock to help keep the mold in your ear. I've personally never cared for them, it is entirely possible to get a mold fit to not need one, you keep pushing them to make it right. In my case, the mold needs to be a wee over-sized and longer than normal, and it grips around a bend in my ear canal very well that way.

Quote Originally Posted by csb View Post
    What is the purpose of the leash then?
    L:75....75....70.....75.....65......60
    R: no hearing

No...............

Quote Originally Posted by 1Bluejay View Post
    ^^^ Re: the OP posts ... Do you mean read the Opn posts? In any case, I had to guffaw yesterday, as my aud-guy said do NOT pull on the leash to remove my aids. He says that over time, if I just leave the leash be, it will mold into a perfect curl inside the ear. By yanking my aids out with the leash every night, I was actually undoing that molded fit. Over time, the leash just curled into a corkscrew and then I had to trim it. I got new leashes put on my aids yesterday and will leave them be.

So now I remove my Opns by pulling gently on the EARWIRE as it curves to the front of my ears - not near the mic area, not near the receiver in my ear.

To read of the thrilling conclusion to this story, read the other post that I started using the wrong terminology.