Hi everyone, I am new here. I dont remember the exact year or date when my hearing went down hill, but I really noticed it within the past 2-3 years. I am 29 ( 30 next month) , so it's really odd for me to have severe hearing loss in both ears ( worse in right ear) . No one in my family has hearing loss, so I dont think it's hereditary . I also passed my high school hearing tests ( I believe so). I have not had any trauma in my life , or car accidents, so it can not be that..I was wondering if anyone here might be in the same situation , or have an idea what is going on lol with mine? I just got hearing aids , and they help so much ! One day when I was 17 years old, I did get bit my a spider ( we thought it was ) and i ended up going to the hospital , and the doctor put me on that strong antibiotic , vancomycin . I didnt find out about this until maybe 6 months ago ,that this medicine can cause hearing loss, but that was over 10 years ago , could it take that long to cause hearing loss ?