Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions and comments wanted concerning Invisible (IIC) Hearing AIDS from Beltone

I'm not sure what Costco carries, but this link suggests that they carry Resound IIC http://www.costco.com/resound.html

I'm not aware that Costco offers any IIC per se. But for sure it's a very popular place to get fitted with HAs thanks to its reasonable pricing, great service and great trial period.[/QUOTE]
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

Blog Entries

Yes, Costco sells all the models. They also sell aids starting at $495. There is a display case that shows that.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Neville View Post
    CICs will have more options in terms of connectivity, but maybe you don't care about that in which case IICs would be just as good (if not slightly better because of better acoustics in the ear) so long as your ear is large enough to fit a speaker with the appropriate power level for your loss. (The most invisible option, if you don't care about connectivity, would be the Lyric.)

In terms of CICs, my general experience is that Starkey is one of the better companies for packing a lot of technology into a small space. I know a guy with severe loss who is very happy with the wireless Starkey CICs. He had bad luck with a few other companies who were unable to make CICs that were powerful enough for him. Plus, they stream directly to your iPhone and the CIC mics pick up your voice and send it out for calls so you don't need an intermediary device (note, does not work well for certain ear shapes).

I don't have direct experience with them, but I believe that the high end seimens CICs also do binaural beam forming, which would give extra benefit in noise (most IICs and CICs are omnidirectional). As far as I know they are the only company who does that as of yet.

Without knowing what technology level of Beltones your practicioner was recommending, it's impossible to know whether that was a reasonable price. But the Ally 2 is the base level model, so $4k for that seems steep to me. Are you at a HearMore? The ones in my area are predatory.
    Thanks for responding! Thank you for the additional information. I do not have the specific technology of the invisible IIC hearing aid at hand.

I will research all of the choices you mentioned. Btw, I did research HearMore but I could not find any locations near me. With that said, I am noticing that many of the hearing aid centers near me, utilize high-pressure sales strategies which only makes me hold on to my money longer before making a final decision.

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    I'm not sure what Costco carries, but this link suggests that they carry Resound IIC http://www.costco.com/resound.html

I'm not aware that Costco offers any IIC per se. But for sure it's a very popular place to get fitted with HAs thanks to its reasonable pricing, great service and great trial period.
    [/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks! That's very helpful! I could not find information concerning IIC's on Costco's page. I must have overlooked it. It's definitely worth checking out!

Basically I was going by the picture. They seemed to show some pretty small hearing aids. Perhaps they're only CIC instead of IIC, but they are by the same overall manufacture as the Beltone aids.

LOL!! I can deaf-inately relate to both sides of this! Luckily, being a woman, my hair is long enough to cover my ears, but even with my ITEs, I've found that folks don't focus as much on my EARS as what I say. O'course, I'm 61, and not 31, which makes that tricky call even easier.

Quiteear: My own 2-cents' worth is based on experience: I am a bit prone to developing itchy-ear if the canal is firmly sealed. In fact, I've had two bouts of otitis (due to allergic reaction to hard shell cases) that convinced me: NO IIC (Lyric, et al) is worth even "going there".

I'm not familiar with Beltone's invisible aid, but I'd have a YUGE issue with an aid where I couldn't swap out batteries myself as needed or get the dang thing out every single night to give my ears a chance to breathe and dry out. I also think Volusiano brings up a valid point about "future growth". If you want the investment to pay off, perhaps have some built-in range in which to increase gain and fine-tune the frequency ranges.

BEST of luck in what you decide! Be sure to keep us posted. Trials are a great way to test out one aid against another. And Costco seems the most reasonable solution for many here. I have opted for REI, behind-the-ear Oticon Opn miniRITEs, which seems to work with my loss profile.

====================

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Jake View Post
    Certainly better to look good than hear good.
    HAs from 1985>Starkey>Phonak>AGX>Oticon Agil Pro ITE>Oticon Opn miniRITE

KHz 0.25...0.5...1.0...2.0...3.0...4.0....6.0...8.0

Left ..65....80....80....65.....65....60....65....90
    Right 65....80....80....75.....75....70....65....90

7. Default

Here's a link to a 3 year-old article on IIC but at least it has some pricing information in there for the Signia and Phonak so you can compare against the Beltone pricing. Note again that this is a 3 year old article so maybe the pricing is a little better now compared to 3 years ago? http://www.ziphearing.com/blog/what-...-hearing-aids/
    Last edited by Volusiano; 01-08-2017 at 01:39 AM.
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

KHz 0.25...0.5...0.75...1.0...1.5...2.0...3.0...4.0... 6.0...8.0

Left ...10...10....10.....30.....70....75....80....95.. ..90....80
    Right .25...30....40.....55.....75....85....90....90...1 00...100

I didn't see a link.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    I didn't see a link.
    Sorry, thanks for catching this. I added the link in my original post. Also here: http://www.ziphearing.com/blog/what-...-hearing-aids/
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

KHz 0.25...0.5...0.75...1.0...1.5...2.0...3.0...4.0... 6.0...8.0

Left ...10...10....10.....30.....70....75....80....95.. ..90....80
    Right .25...30....40.....55.....75....85....90....90...1 00...100

Quote Originally Posted by seb View Post
    IIC's have a higher failure rate do to moisture issues than BTE's, so be prepared to have them in the "shop" periodically so they can be cleaned, serviced, etc. Don't worry about your bald head and people staring at your HA's, it won't happen; HA's aren't like glasses, since they are behind your ears and on the side of your head, very few people will notice them. Get the hearing aid that will allow you to hear the best and don't worry about whether they can be seen.
    Thanks for replying!

I didn't think about moisture issues. My understanding is that most companies offer a protective coating to protect against moisture. Are you saying that even with the moisture protective coating, IIC's fail at a greater rate than BTE's? Are certain manufacturer's protective coating more effective than others?

Btw, I'd rather be kicked, dragged, and have my eyes gouged out than to wear BTE's . However, I agree that my choice should be solely based upon the hearing aid that allows me to hear the best I can. I'm hoping the IIC will give me what I need.