Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Suggestions and comments wanted concerning Invisible (IIC) Hearing AIDS from Beltone

Quote Originally Posted by Neville View Post
    Yeah, lots of high-pressured sales techniques with hearing aids. Ticks me off. You might want to make sure you are seeing an audiologist rather than a tech. Because of their schooling, audiologists tend to think of themselves as being in healthcare rather than in sales. You certainly may still run into some nasty sales, but I think you have a better chance of finding someone who will just lay out your options and let you decide in your own time. Independent clinics are often also a better bet for softer sales because they aren't run by a manufacturer who is calling them about their sales goals every day.

The biggest breakdown I see in custom products, next to wax getting in behind the wax guard, is debris in the microphone covers. People press their buttons all day without thinking about whatever is on their fingers that they are also grinding into the mics, and many people don't wipe the mics off daily. By the time I see the aid, the debris is often so caked in there that the aids have to go in for repair. For some reason, I see many more broken custom products as well. If you drop your custom product on a tile floor, it seems more likely to break than a BTE. All modern hearing aids have nano coatings for moisture, but those wear down over time (you know. . . whatever amount of time is equal to the repair warranty).

BUT, I see a lot of people who are very successful with CICs and/or IICs. Particularly if they have very clear ears, their ear canals are the right shape for hearing aids, and they are concientious about taking care of their aids. And only have mild to moderate hearing loss. Anecdotally, I tend to see CICs/IICs lasting longer than ITCs/ITEs, but that might be related to the population that tends to wear them.

Thank you! Your experience in the matter is very helpful!

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by quietear View Post
    I am also considering them because some CIC aids sit deeper in the canal of the ear and aren't as noticeable.

After speaking to a Costco representative over the phone, they informed me that their IIC hearing aids are $1399 each and have what I believe is a 3-year warranty which includes loss prevention (I don't have the warranty information in front of me). However, the representative stated that many people look at their IIC's and think that the IIC will be the same size as what's on view. However, he warned me that the size could be larger depending on my ear canal shape. I wish manufacturers had clear pics of what their hearing aid would look like at different angles when worn; some do and some don't.
    I think you should heed this warning from the Costco rep that the IIC may not turn out as invisible as you wish, depending on how much room there is in your ear canal. At least to have your expectation set properly and not be disappointed if the IIC is not as invisible as you want.

Here's a link https://www.slashgear.com/signia-pri...ices-12446048/ of an article about the Signia Primax Insio IIC. I think this is one of the top of the line IIC with the most power per a couple of articles I came across. There's a really cool video in there where they walked through the entire process of making a custom IIC for the reporter. The bottom line is that if you look at the final picture of the reporter wearing the final Insio IIC, it's still totally visible. I wouldn't call it "nearly" invisible like the reporter does. It looks like how my previous CIC looks like in my ear before I switched over to the RITC type.

But maybe you'll be lucky and your ear canal is big enough to make the IIC invisible for you. The reporter did say that he has super narrow ear canal.
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

KHz 0.25...0.5...0.75...1.0...1.5...2.0...3.0...4.0... 6.0...8.0

Left ...10...10....10.....30.....70....75....80....95.. ..90....80
    Right .25...30....40.....55.....75....85....90....90...1 00...100

Quote Originally Posted by Volusiano View Post
    I think you should heed this warning from the Costco rep that the IIC may not turn out as invisible as you wish, depending on how much room there is in your ear canal. At least to have your expectation set properly and not be disappointed if the IIC is not as invisible as you want.

Here's a link https://www.slashgear.com/signia-pri...ices-12446048/ of an article about the Signia Primax Insio IIC. I think this is one of the top of the line IIC with the most power per a couple of articles I came across. There's a really cool video in there where they walked through the entire process of making a custom IIC for the reporter. The bottom line is that if you look at the final picture of the reporter wearing the final Insio IIC, it's still totally visible. I wouldn't call it "nearly" invisible like the reporter does. It looks like how my previous CIC looks like in my ear before I switched over to the RITC type.

But maybe you'll be lucky and your ear canal is big enough to make the IIC invisible for you. The reporter did say that he has super narrow ear canal.
    Thank you! I will review the article and also research the Signia Primax Insio IIC.

Your hearing will most likely never get better so get the vanity out the way now and get the correct aid for your needs. May seem a bit tramatic at first but how many times do you look at peoples ears.

Quote Originally Posted by ohgary View Post
    Your hearing will most likely never get better so get the vanity out the way now and get the correct aid for your needs. May seem a bit tramatic at first but how many times do you look at peoples ears.
    Thanks! I have decided to purchase Beltone's Micro Invisa or Audibel's A-4 Platinum; both are IIC hearing aids. I will most likely finalize my decision with a purchase of Beltone's Micro Invisa IIC's. I am eligible to receive more discounts at Beltone. Thereby, lowering the overall price. Beltone customer satisfaction ratings seem to be better than Audibel. However, I think Audibel's A-4 Platinum IIC's are better overall.

I am a good candidate for an IIC. I will be able to not only hear sound but understand words. I've had 4 hearing tests and have spoken to numerous Audiologists.

I wish someone was able to share their experience with the aforementioned hearing aids, but I have not received any feedback. I have received great advice on how to make a decision when choosing hearing aids as well as places to look for affordable hearing aids!

6. Default

Thanks! I have decided to purchase Beltone's Micro Invisa or Audibel's A-4 Platinum; both are IIC hearing aids. I will most likely finalize my decision with a purchase of Beltone's Micro Invisa IIC's.
    I wouldn't recommend getting the Beltone Micro-Invisa. That's an older model which was superseded by the Beltone Legend. Legend IIC is available in 3 technology levels (17, 9 and 6), depending on your needs and budget. And Audibel A4 isn't available in IIC format; the smallest device in that product line is CIC. Audibel Invisibel Synergy is their latest IIC model, available in Platinum, Gold and Silver levels.

Quote Originally Posted by rasmus_braun View Post
    I wouldn't recommend getting the Beltone Micro-Invisa. That's an older model which was superseded by the Beltone Legend. Legend IIC is available in 3 technology levels (17, 9 and 6), depending on your needs and budget. And Audibel A4 isn't available in IIC format; the smallest device in that product line is CIC. Audibel Invisibel Synergy is their latest IIC model, available in Platinum, Gold and Silver levels.
    Thanks for your reply! I looked at the pamphlet that the Audibel Audiologist gave me. She wrote on my pamphlet A4-Plat. Thanks for the clarification. I will be sure to remember that it's called Invisible Synergy IIC. I will also be contacting Beltone to get clarity as it relates to the Beltone Legend and Micro-Invisa. I appreciate your help.

8. Default

Thanks for your reply! I'll give Costco a try. I wanted invisible IIC's because I'm bald headed and don't have hair to cover my ears. I'd rather have people pay attention to what I'm saying instead of focusing on my hearing aids. With all said, I'll definitely check Costco's offerings.
    My HIS was totally bald and wore hearing aids, the RIC kind. I didn't even see them until he pointed them out to me. However, my cousin and both grandparents tried beltone, and were not happy. Everyone I know who has been to Costco has had a good experience