Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OPN with CROS/BiCROS like functionality?

Default OPN with CROS/BiCROS like functionality?

I am trying to find out if the OPN can be used as CROS or in a manner that provides sound from deaf ear to the better ear. The product literature appears to suggest sound localization is amazeballs with the OPN but I can't find any actual reviews/mentions of it.

I had trialed an older Widex CROS pair and saw here recently that the new Beyonds do NOT work in CROS manner.

I am trying to decide what I want to do: just one OPN (streaming yay!)? older Widex CROS (no streaming booo!).

I would think that eventually the Widex Beyond will be able to be paired with the Widex CROS - For some reason there has been a bit of a lag with the recent Widex technology and connectivity with the CROS unit. For example, the Unique platform was released in late 2015, but was not able to be paired with the CROS unit until mid last year when the software was upgraded. This did not require the user getting a new hearing aid, just going in for an appointment once the new software had landed as the hearing aid then had the ability to be paired with the CROS unit. Anyhow, get your clinician to check with the Widex rep. re: CROS functionality with the new Beyond and if in fact this is something which is on the cards. The Beyond hasn't been released in Australia yet (where I work) so I'm not sure at this stage

Well that's a point for Widex. If they can pair up down the road.

Anyone else have anything on Oticon's option? I'm not talking about the near field thing to detect whether or not an aid has slipped off your ear (is this an actual problem for people?!).

I think I'd call the companies if you want to know for sure. This link suggests that the Beyond is available with CROS, but who knows http://www.discounthearingaidsofamer...aring-aids.php
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sideborg View Post
    Well that's a point for Widex. If they can pair up down the road.

Anyone else have anything on Oticon's option? I'm not talking about the near field thing to detect whether or not an aid has slipped off your ear (is this an actual problem for people?!).
    Are you sure they aren't talking about finding aids one has misplaced?
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

As I said in another thread, my audiologist demonstrated a Widex Beyond w/bicros in my own ears a week or so ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    I think I'd call the companies if you want to know for sure. This link suggests that the Beyond is available with CROS, but who knows http://www.discounthearingaidsofamer...aring-aids.php
    L:75....75....70.....75.....65......60
    R: no hearing

I don't think the NFMI (Near Field Magnetic Induction) is to detect whether or not an aid has slipped off your ear. It's actually for exchanging data and audio between the 2 HAs to provide binaural processing.
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

KHz 0.25...0.5...0.75...1.0...1.5...2.0...3.0...4.0... 6.0...8.0

Left ...10...10....10.....30.....70....75....80....95.. ..90....80
    Right .25...30....40.....55.....75....85....90....90...1 00...100

I think Phonak may have CROS + streaming capability - but you'd need to check with a reputable audiologist. It does seem like a good combo for HA wearers who may be utterly deaf in one ear, but hear something in the other. Ideally, sound entering the deaf ear would be xferred to the hearing ear. And why not have the device capable of streaming, too? Let us know if you find out anything.

I am trying to find out if the OPN can be used as CROS or in a manner that provides sound from deaf ear to the better ear. The product literature appears to suggest sound localization is amazeballs with the OPN but I can't find any actual reviews/mentions of it.

I had trialed an older Widex CROS pair and saw here recently that the new Beyonds do NOT work in CROS manner.

I am trying to decide what I want to do: just one OPN (streaming yay!)? older Widex CROS (no streaming booo!).
    HAs from 1985>Starkey>Phonak>AGX>Oticon Agil Pro ITE>Oticon Opn miniRITE

KHz 0.25...0.5...1.0...2.0...3.0...4.0....6.0...8.0

Left ..65....80....80....65.....65....60....65....90
    Right 65....80....80....75.....75....70....65....90

9. Default

Phonak does have a CROS in their newest line, including rechargeables. In my opinion, Phonak CROS > Widex CROS.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JeffBowser View Post
    As I said in another thread, my audiologist demonstrated a Widex Beyond w/bicros in my own ears a week or so ago.
    What was your opinion of the Beyond with BiCROS? I am.. curious to know!