Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Static while streaming

Quote Originally Posted by Volusiano View Post
    While I agree that they seem to have rushed the product to market because the ConnectClip for Android phones and the USB dongle necessary for laptop communication necessary for streaming now appears to be lagging a year behind or more, I'm also glad that they rushed it to market so consumers who had a window of opportunity to buy new HAs last year like myself had a chance to choose to buy this product instead of something else.

In terms of lacking accessories, at least a consolation prize is that the TV Adapter 3.0 direct streamer is already available for sale when they introduced the OPN to the market. This accessory is very helpful for me and can tide me over until the ConnectClip becomes available.

In terms of buggy software due to being rushed to market, I don't think the OPN has very buggy software per se, just seems like a number of usual bug typical when introducing a new product and can only be wrung out when consumers start using them.. It looks like most of the bugs were in the direct streaming and pairing with the iPhone which were addressed in the new firmware update, except for this new-found static noise while streaming issue. We have many other posters on the OPN here who also have iPhones but Abarsanti is the only one so far reporting this, which makes it a tricky issue. Had more people with iPhones reported this, then it would have been a more obvious bug with more data points for Oticon to investigate.
    BuyHear thinks it's a defective unit so it will be sent out for repairs. They said this is not a common issue, as only 1 other person they sold OPNs to had an issue with the static and that was sent out for repairs. They are going to send me a pair of Resound Linx2 9 to hold me over since they don't have any demo pairs of the OPNs right now. At least I'll get to compare the OPNs to the Linx2...
    Tony
    ---------------------
    Oticon OPNs
    Previously: Bernafon Juna 9s with Soundgate 3
    ----------------------
    55 55 50 10 60 25
    250 500 1000 2000 4000 8000
    55 60 45 15 20 10

Word Recognition, 60% at 70 db (left), 96% at 65db (right)
    <Tested 1/2/17>

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Abarsanti View Post
    BuyHear thinks it's a defective unit so it will be sent out for repairs. They said this is not a common issue, as only 1 other person they sold OPNs to had an issue with the static and that was sent out for repairs. They are going to send me a pair of Resound Linx2 9 to hold me over since they don't have any demo pairs of the OPNs right now. At least I'll get to compare the OPNs to the Linx2...
    Glad to hear that you get to try out the Resound Linx2 9. Do share your opinion of it on the forum here compared to the OPN afterward so we know what you think of it.

Is the problem with just 1 of your OPNs or with both? I thought it was with both but you mentioned sending "it" out for repair so I thought I'd double check for clarification here.
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

KHz 0.25...0.5...0.75...1.0...1.5...2.0...3.0...4.0... 6.0...8.0

Left ...10...10....10.....30.....70....75....80....95.. ..90....80
    Right .25...30....40.....55.....75....85....90....90...1 00...100

Quote Originally Posted by Volusiano View Post
    Glad to hear that you get to try out the Resound Linx2 9. Do share your opinion of it on the forum here compared to the OPN afterward so we know what you think of it.

Is the problem with just 1 of your OPNs or with both? I thought it was with both but you mentioned sending "it" out for repair so I thought I'd double check for clarification here.
    Yes - both aids are producing static during streaming. I will certainly report my experience with the Linx2. I will probably have them for a few weeks since Oticon is supposedly taking a while on getting repairs done.
    Tony
    ---------------------
    Oticon OPNs
    Previously: Bernafon Juna 9s with Soundgate 3
    ----------------------
    55 55 50 10 60 25
    250 500 1000 2000 4000 8000
    55 60 45 15 20 10

Word Recognition, 60% at 70 db (left), 96% at 65db (right)
    <Tested 1/2/17>