Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most powerful hearing aids (for 100 dB hearing loss)

1. Default Most powerful hearing aids (for 100 dB hearing loss)

Hi everyone,

I'm new here so forgive me if this question has been asked many times already here. I was wondering if any of you know of any hearing aids that are suitable for a 100-110 dB hearing loss in the upper frequencies. Hearing loss in the lower frequencies starts off at around 55 dB and slopes downward as the frequency increases.

I know that the Unitron Yuu HP BTE satisfies this condition but I was wondering if there are any others out there.

Thanks everyone in advance!

Default Power BTE's

Do a search on this forum and on the web for Phonak Naida UP and also Oticon Sumo DM.

Both great hearing aids for profound losses.

Here are the high power aids Starkey have to offer:

http://www.starkeypro.com/public/pro..._bte_power.jsp

http://www.starkeypro.com/public/pro...ations_cic.jsp

Note that the second one is an ITE solution. With the new power matrix they have, you may be a candidate for an in the ear solution.

Wow... ZCT .. the bte Destiny is ugly! Seems I remember you saying the high powered Phonak Naida's (which I need) were ugly as well! Payback time

see post #36 here. http://www.hearingaidforums.com/show...?t=2088&page=4

At least the ITE solution is available for those that don't want ugly! I guess my ugly hearing aids match my ugly face. Ha...
    Last edited by adgraham; 07-17-2008 at 08:04 AM.

5. Default Background noise reduction?

Thanks everyone for your responses. I forgot to mention that background noise reduction is a must since about half the time I am in noisy environments where it is difficult to comprehend speech. So are there any powerful hearing aids that also have good background noise reduction / speech enhancement?

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by mr.k.2k5
    Thanks everyone for your responses. I forgot to mention that background noise reduction is a must since about half the time I am in noisy environments where it is difficult to comprehend speech. So are there any powerful hearing aids that also have good background noise reduction / speech enhancement?
    The ones I mentioned are exceptional in background noise, and are certainly among the more advanced on the market. The BTE has a multi memory option so they can customize a program for those difficult situations.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by adgraham
    Wow... ZCT .. the bte Destiny is ugly! Seems I remember you saying the high powered Phonak Naida's (which I need) were ugly as well! Payback time

see post #36 here. http://www.hearingaidforums.com/show...?t=2088&page=4

At least the ITE solution is available for those that don't want ugly! I guess my ugly hearing aids match my ugly face. Ha...

Well show me a pretty aid that uses a 675 battery. There's only so much you can do with the big ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ZCT

Well show me a pretty aid that uses a 675 battery. There's only so much you can do with the big ones.
    Well said... I wish we could had microscopic batteries with unlimited power for us consumers with severe losses. Unfortunately, it seems every improvement in HA's requires better batteries so nothing really gets smaller. I wonder if rechargeable HA's with nightly docking stations will end up being the answer of the future?

9. Default

That would be a pretty good idea since every hearing aid user would take off their hearing aids before going to sleep. If it's able to last for at least 24 hours (maybe some people are crazy and like to party all night :P) then we wouldn't have to worry about our batteries dying down at the worst possible time

I think the Starkey one is far uglier than the Naida! I like the Naida as far as a power aid goes. It is at least rounded and 'sleek'! It is definitely one of the prettier power aids I have seen.
    Jenny

Profound hearing loss with fluctuation.