Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ringing in Ear with Hearing Aids on

1. Default Ringing in Ear with Hearing Aids on

Hi,

I think I can get ringing in my ears with and without my hearing aids on. Can someone who has hearing loss can get ringing in my ears while wearing hearing aids on?

thanks
    daffy93

Default ear ringing

Tinitus is there no mater what. It's nerve damage, it sucks, it may go away, but after a while your stuck with several cicadas ringing at B flat. Cut other stresses in your life. Be happy.

good luck,

D.

Unhappy

Dave is right, tinnitus is there no matter what. I have severe tinnitus and a moderate-to-severe loss. I've read articles that say that a good pair of hearing aids should reduce or mask the tinnitus. Unfortunately for me, because my tinnitus is louder than my hearing loss (my noise is not cicadas, more like a high-pitched dentist's drill that never stops, never changes tone), and none of the hearing aid products that I owned or demoed helped ease my tinnitus.

I can get some relief with my Epoq Vs when I'm listening via Bluetooth streamer to mp3s stored on my cellphone. However, that relief comes with the dulling of all external sounds/conversations; co-workers have learned to gently touch me on my arm or flail theirs while standing in the adjoining cubicle to get my attention

I read up on tinnitus recently. Apparantly there is a large amount of options available to cure tinnitus. Biofeed, stress and anxiety reduction, surgery, and prescription medicine have all been known to reduce and even eliminate the effects of tinnitus. Before this i was under the impression that tinnitus cannot be cured, but it seems there is hope after all.

After experiencing sudden hearing loss last December, I found myself profoundly deaf in L ear and moderately deaf in RT. On top of that I had tinnitus that is a combo of a pressure washer and a chain saw 24/7. I was fitted w/ Phonak Exelia HA and no tinnitus while wearing. I experienced much better results than I had expected from the hearing aids but my delight was to be short lived. I'm allergic to the silicone molds that fit in the ear to deliver the sound.

However, my experience might be a clue for others to try various brands and models before giving up on an answer for at least part time freedom from tinnitus. A different brand which is on loan does not cancel the tinnitus, nor does it give me the audio quality I require for enjoying videos or CD's. In fact I can not understand the voices on various DVDs that we own and are accustomed to w/out subtitles to understand the words. Right now I'm stuck between the proverbial rock and hard place but that is a topic for different thread.

Tinnitus is worse when you are tired. Also, if possible avoid high doses of aspirin because that can cause tinnitus. I'd say get lots of sleep but I know it is difficult when you have all the noise in your ear/s. Sometimes the distraction of another audio source if you have any hearing at all w/out HA will help you drift off. For those who are capable of speech, read yourself a bedtime story out loud or even better IF you can sing, try singing yourself to sleep. No kidding, it helps. Biofeedback can also be helpful if you have a very capable instructor.

Neuromonic has a good solution for tinitus, best of all
    it is not an instrument you wear... I have seen good results

7. Default Beltone Reach

I have been wearing Beltone's new aid, the Reach, for 2 months now. I have had tinnitus for years now accompanying my high frequency loss and I am beyond excited that something has finally given me relief from the ringing! I have tried several different aids and have ordered maskers online, but the tinnitus breaker feature on these took away the ringing. I still occasionally get ringing when I get in bed and the aids aren't in; I have thought about sleeping in them as you cannot hear the "noise" that is introduced because somehow they correlate it to your type of tinnitus, but I guess the batteries will go faster. I did my research before my purchase, and not too much was said about these aids so I sucked it up and bought them, and I must say they are worth every penny. I now know that the saying, you get what you pay for, is true.

[QUOTE=LadyDoveFL][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue][I]Dave is right, tinnitus is there no matter what. I have severe tinnitus and a moderate-to-severe loss. I've read articles that say that a good pair of hearing aids should reduce or mask the tinnitus.

For me my Widex ak - 9 do
    [SIZE="5"]I am pround to a teenage with disabities and I am not ashamed to use gearHidden Content [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by daffy93
    Hi,

I think I can get ringing in my ears with and without my hearing aids on. Can someone who has hearing loss can get ringing in my ears while wearing hearing aids on?

thanks
    daffy93
    Ringing will not goes away ever.

I heard Cochlear Implant stopped the Tinnitus on some people and caused Tinnitus on others.