Thread: hearing aid on non cochlear implant side

Default hearing aid on non cochlear implant side

Hi

Can a person with a single side ci wear a hearing on the non ci ear? Or does this cause problems?

The reason I ask is that my friend who is only funded one ci is toally deaf on the other side and I fears for safety. What shes crossing a road and doesn't hear the a car.
    [SIZE="5"]I am pround to a teenage with disabities and I am not ashamed to use gearHidden Content [/SIZE]

Yes, im almost certain she can. Speak to a audiologist about it. I'm sure they would recommend the best solution for your friend.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inmate23 View Post
    Hi

Can a person with a single side ci wear a hearing on the non ci ear? Or does this cause problems?

The reason I ask is that my friend who is only funded one ci is toally deaf on the other side and I fears for safety. What shes crossing a road and doesn't hear the a car.
    I use a CI and a hearing aid both and am very happy with the perfomance. I will say that in crossing streets it is often necessary to look both ways. The sounds usually come in louder on my CI side than my hearing aid side.
    Patrick57

Quote Originally Posted by inmate23 View Post
    Hi

I fitted a lot of Hi with CI, key here is to balance both. It does provide better localization

5. Default

I have 2 of the BP 100's One for each side Bilateral and a BTE HA for the right ear.

It is so awsome to hear some one speaking to me that is on my left side.

I also have to get use to hearing things on my left side. I never knew my there was so much talking going on around me until I wore my BP 100 on my left side.

I can and will use any hardware I can get my hands on to hear the world around me.
    Best regards

John

09 audiogram
    Hz.....250...500...1K....2K....3K......4K...
    L......110....110...90...105...110....110...
    R......70......80....80.....70.....85.....85...
    Bone ..na......40....20.....20.....30.....30

Siemans Nitro 701 SP with the mini remote and TV connection

Cochlear Baha Bp100's

"Let the Hearing Aid wearer's have access to the hardware and software to program their own Hearing Aids" Hidden Content

6. Default hearing aid and CI

my son had implant 6 mnths back before that he was on hearing aids the doctors strongly recommended aids on the non CI side but for some reason my son doesnt like wearing the aid anymore. any ways the point is talk to the audi i bet there int a problem only the aids should hav maximum compatibility with the CI tht is wht i was told

That is probably because your son is getting on so well with his ci. In my early days of wearing my new ci I found that my hearing aid became rubbish but I persisted in wearing it because I could still hear low frequency sounds naturally. Today after two years both ears and their instruments have balanced nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned mum View Post
    my son had implant 6 mnths back before that he was on hearing aids the doctors strongly recommended aids on the non CI side but for some reason my son doesnt like wearing the aid anymore. any ways the point is talk to the audi i bet there int a problem only the aids should hav maximum compatibility with the CI tht is wht i was told
    --
    My audiogram results: audiogram date: 13.3.1998

0250.Hz L-70 R-75
    0500.Hz L-85 R-95
    1000.Hz L-110 R-105
    2000.Hz L-n/a R-115
    4000.Hz L-n/a R-n/a
    8000.Hz L-110 R-110

Left. NHS Siemens Impact Pro DSP
    Right. NHS Cochleah Implant. Medel Opus 2