Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ? for Siemens Tek users

Default ? for Siemens Tek users

I'm having problems with the Tek Transmitter. Whether it's hooked up to my iPod and only a foot away from me, or hooked up to my TV 12ft away, the Transmitter will work for a short while before dropping the bluetooth connection. Getting it to reconnect usually requires restarting the Tek Connect - and then it will only work for a short while before dropping again. I've quit using it for now...but it's pretty aggravating for such an expensive piece of equipment. Anyone else experience this?

I want to swap it for a replacement but my audi is saying that Siemens is requiring that I send mine in so they can test it and decide whether to fix it or replace it. This is a major hassle for me since I rely on the bluetooth heavily. My audi is working on getting Siemens to see things my way but hasn't gotten back with me yet. If Siemens makes me send mine back I will consider this a major negative comment on Siemens for sure.

2. Default

All kit is subject to faults and failures.

The Tek is unlikely to have a systematic fault built in.
    My professional details can be found in the 'Hidden Content ' section of the forum

3. Default

My tek has worked with no problems for 3 months now.

4. Default I'm using Siemens Pure 500s with Remote Bluetooth

Hi, Names Doug in Australia, aged 63 and 3 days into setting up the new HAs.
    My Audiologist set up the 5 remote channels for hearing A and Background
    noise reduction, 3rd is TV with Teck (blue flasher) 4th is Music Channel with
    very loud feedback, ouch! and the 5th is for the Pairing bluetooth with my
    Nokia 2630 mobile phone. They won't talk to each other yet, It may need
    help from Audio computer program? That will be a bonus!
    It's nice to hear clocks ticking, Birds chirping , boards creaking and sharp voices around me reminding me i'm not alone.
    I was lucky to have the gear supplied by Workcover insurance claim in a
    noisy work environment in Engineering and Power stations.
    Good luck with your trials, I will keep in touch as problems arise or get sorted out, Cheers,

I had a few adjustments made to the Tek remote this morning and I really like this system. I left the audiís office and drove to a customer site and went into a large data center. The data center is a very noisy place, there are racks and racks of servers mounted in cabinets and both the servers and cabinets have fans, there are 4-5 huge AC units that generate deep low hums, mainframes with huge fans, and number of tape drives with vacuum pumps that when loaded generate quite a bit of noise. The tape drives are located just behind the operatorís console, so the operators can spin around and load tapes. I was sitting next to the one of the operators and I selected the noisy environment program on the Tek remote and the back ground noise virtually disappeared and I could hear the operator just fine, which was a problem for me previously.

I asked the audi to disable the microphone when the music\audio program is in use and with the microphone disconnected the only input is from the audio program. I can still hear what gets beyond the molds, but no outside sounds from the HAs. Connecting the Tek to the iPod either with the BlueTooth transmitter or the cable is better than any ear phones I have ever had. Though the Tek has to stay in the middle and front of my body or the signal will fade from the side turned away from the BlueTooth transmitter.

The BlueTooth and phone work well for me and no one ever realizes I am on a BlueTooth device.

I really like the ability to be able to control the volume and select the programs from the Tek. I wish it were smaller and lighter and the lanyard connection were on the opposite end, but over all it works great and is the hands-free solution I was looking for.

Hi everyone, I've had my Pure 500's with the Tek for about 6 weeks now and I am absolutely loving it. It's been the best fit in terms of functionality for me.

My audologist and I are still working on fine tuning the aids for me I only have 4 programmes setup and thus far it's working fine.

I'm still getting used to having the recieved in the ear; but I still have the option of trying out the soft dome fitting if we're not entirely happy with the fit.

The best feature of this whole combination is that the bluetooth functionality... where I can acutally hear the person on the other end of the phone clearly! it's amazing. Also getting the full effect of the bass while watching TV or listening to music. Absolutely fabulous.

Default Siemens Tek

I have recently acquired a Tek and a pair of Explorer h/a. The aids are working well and exceed my expectations. I have been wearing hearing aids for almost 60 years and have experienced every problem and advantage that they have to offer.

The e2e feature and the Tek Bluetooth function are great. If only they were available years ago... I use it to enhance TV and other entertainment audio as well as resolving my biggest problem, cell phones. I have also paired the Tek with my PC's Bluetooth although that takes a bit of extra effort each time it is used.

My biggest issue with the Tek is my dispenser's complete lack of familiarity with the device. I had to figure out on my own how some of the features can be used effectively. He also did not program the "welcome" screen on the device. I recommend that at the very least the owners name and phone number be placed there to facilitate the return of a lost instrument.
    Larry

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dougwilly
    Hi, Names Doug in Australia, aged 63 and 3 days into setting up the new HAs.
    My Audiologist set up the 5 remote channels for hearing A and Background
    noise reduction, 3rd is TV with Teck (blue flasher) 4th is Music Channel with
    very loud feedback, ouch! and the 5th is for the Pairing bluetooth with my
    Nokia 2630 mobile phone. They won't talk to each other yet, It may need
    help from Audio computer program? That will be a bonus!
    It's nice to hear clocks ticking, Birds chirping , boards creaking and sharp voices around me reminding me i'm not alone.
    I was lucky to have the gear supplied by Workcover insurance claim in a
    noisy work environment in Engineering and Power stations.
    Good luck with your trials, I will keep in touch as problems arise or get sorted out, Cheers,

I remember reading someplace that you have to setup the TEK on #2 for it to work with bluetooth...

9. Question

Quote Originally Posted by Loruoo17
     Never think you will never be detected, when you want to tell a lie. The chances are, sooner or later, your lie wow gold, witt be found out and it will then expose you to shame.   Telling a lie is morally wrong. Besides, there are many disadvantages lying in the way of a liar. First, he has to have a good memory, lest he contradicts at one time what he said in another. Second, he is wow gold, always annoyed by his conscience, because he is in constant fear that his falsehood may be found out. Third, a liar is never trusted and respected by others.   The result may be that his words, even when he speaks the truth, are not believed. Fourth and the last, once a person has told a lie, he cannot help telling another in order to conceal the first, and then a third and a fourth, until lying becomes ahabit. After that, he may say something untrue even when he wishes to speak the truth.   The disadvantages resulting from telling a lie are too many to be listed. The above are just some of the obvious ones. If you want to be free from these annoyances, if you want to be a trustworthy person, never tell a lie. Never think you will never be detected, when you want to tell a lie. The chances maple story powerleveling, are, sooner or later, your lie witt be found out and it will then expose you to shame.   Telling a lie is morally wrong. Besides, there are many disadvantages lying in the way of a liar. First, he has to have a good memory, lest he contradicts at one time what he said in another. Second, he is always annoyed by his conscience, because he is in constant fear that his falsehood may be found out. Third, a maple story powerleveling, liar is never trusted and respected by others.   The result may be that his words, even when he speaks the truth, are not believed. Fourth and the last, once maple story powerleveling, a person has told a lie, he cannot help telling another in order to conceal the first, and then a third and a fourth, until lying becomes ahabit. After that, he may say something untrue even when he wishes to speak the truth.   The disadvantages resulting from telling a lie are too many to be listed. The above are just some of the obvious ones. If you want to be free from these annoyances, if you want to be a trustworthy person, never tell a lie.
    How does this relate to hearing aids? Did I miss something?

Yes, you missed that this guy is a fake. His post is pure spam and should be ignored. There is a group or perhaps even one person using different ID's and are promoting a WOW game. I spent this past Sunday clearing a trojan from the computer of a friend using the Maple Story game. It's an online game that opens people up to trojans, viruses. Ignore the posts that appear to be jibberish, or from users with names that are jibberish, letter and number combinations is a good indication, or just random letters that make no sense is another.