Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Battery Test Data, Contributed by one of our Members

Blog Entries

The VA gives me my hearing aid batteries and they are always power ones. I had issues about 4 years ago with them but over the last 3 years they have really worked great. I have tried removing the sticker and waiting about 2 minutes and I see no difference in the battery life. I am using 312s and in my Alta Pros with the either the 85 or 90 receivers I am getting 140 hours of use.
    Chuck
    Navy Vet (Service Related hearing loss)
    Hidden Content
    Oticon custom ITC Alta Pro with Streamer Pro 1.3, TV connect 2, phone connect, Streamer Mic, and IPhone app
    khz 250 500 1K 1.5K 2K 3K 4K 6K 8K
    rht
    lft 25 35 50 60 70 65 65 60 50

Srt
    rht 45db
    lft 40db
    word recognition
    right 44% @90db
    left 80% @ 90db

Quote Originally Posted by HearingAidHelper View Post
    Has anyone noticed that Power One Batteries are not working the same as they used to? I am noticing that my patients are complaining that either the battery is dead, or making the hearing aid generate the low battery tone almost instantly once inserted into the hearing aids after removing the sticker.

The only thing that has worked so far to make these batteries usable, is to peel the sticker and wait about a minute and then insert them after that wait.

HAs anyone else had similar experience? Are there better batteries out there that I don't know of?

Thanks in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone noticed that Power One Batteries are not working the same as they used to? I am noticing that my patients are complaining that either the battery is dead, or making the hearing aid generate the low battery tone almost instantly once inserted into the hearing aids after removing the sticker.

The only thing that has worked so far to make these batteries usable, is to peel the sticker and wait about a minute and then insert them after that wait.

HAs anyone else had similar experience? Are there better batteries out there that I don't know of?

Thanks in advance.
    A notice comes with all batteries I order from the sponsor of this site that says: "wait 1 or 2 (3?) minutes before inserting batteries in HA after pealing off sticker". I usually get the brand X batteries.
    Mike
    250 --500-- 1000-- 1500-- 2000-- 3000-- 4000-- 8000
    35 --- 25----- 30---- 45----- 55----- 65----- 80----- 95
    (Both ears almost identical)

3. Default

I normally wait less than a minute,, I am a firm Power One user. Some time ago I had problems with Everedy Batt's. I did some testing to see why I had short life. I found that the voltage of each new battery was much different between each one and some were dead. The exp date was a full year ahead of the time I was testing. My theory was the peel off tab's were not sealing the air hole properly. I complained to the factory and got replacements but never used them,,,I switched to P_One's and have been happy ever since. I use Type 10's.

CLIFFORD

I use Power Ones and I pull the tab and wait one - two minutes before using and I've never had a problem. it may not take two minutes, but I believe some time is required before the battery reaches full power after the tab is removed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by miket View Post
    A notice comes with all batteries I order from the sponsor of this site that says: "wait 1 or 2 (3?) minutes before inserting batteries in HA after pealing off sticker". I usually get the brand X batteries.
    I guess I will have to wait longer before I engage my batteries in my aids. But I have not really seen any change in battery life one way or the other.
    Chuck
    Hidden Content
    Oticon custom ITC Alta Pro with Streamer Pro 1.3, TV connect 2, phone connect, Streamer Mic, and IPhone app
    rht

Srt
    rht 45db
    lft 40db
    word recognition
    right 44% @90db
    left 80% @ 90db

Those people who use Power One Batteries, are you using the mercury batteries or the mercury-free batteries?

- - - Updated - - -

Those people who use Power One Batteries, are you using the mercury batteries or the mercury-free batteries?
    HearingAidHelper

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HearingAidHelper View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The Power ones that I get from the VA are "Zinc Air" 312 batteries.
    Chuck
    Hidden Content
    rht

Srt
    rht 45db
    lft 40db
    word recognition
    right 44% @90db
    left 80% @ 90db

Based on the data of the OP, why don't I find any comments about Panasonic batteries? Those seem like they r at the top and consistent.

Greetings from Switzerland.

I have 2010-era ReSound Dot2 in both ears - these take size 10 batteries.

My audi sells both Rayovac and Power One (Varta) - prices are pretty similar unless he has a special offer on one of them. Locals supermarkets stock both Duracell and Varta branded batteries but I've never bought from them as they only sell single 6-packs rather than the more economical boxes of 10x 6-packs.

I get at best 3.5 days with the Rayovacs, and usually nearly 4 days with the Power Ones.

I tended to get a lot of duds with the Rayovacs - maybe 1 in every second 6-pack so, and so after swapping between both brands in the early days based on price, I've been using Power Ones exclusively in the past 2-3 years.
    --
    Regards.

PitBullCH

F:250-500--1K--2K--3K--4K--6K--8K
    L:-35--45--45--45--50--60--65--60 (47.8% CPT-AMA)
    R:-25--35--45--45--50--55--60--70 (43.7% CPT-AMA)

Ever since I got my HA five years ago, I've been buying my batteries from the sponsor of the site. I've been buying their "no name" brand which is called "icelltech". I have seen that same product advertised by other sellers. They seem to last almost as long as the more expensive namebrand battery. A couple weeks ago, I bought a pack of batteries when I was at Costco. They were cheaper, at least 10 or 20% cheaper. A few that I've tried lasted at least as long as the ones I had been using.
    This does create a moral dilemma. This site was extremely useful in educating me in the year before I finally got my first HA. It has been useful since then as well. I figured I would say at least 20 or $25 a year buying all my batteries at Costco. I guess I can justify the added cost by saying that the added "service" I get from this site is worth $20 a year.
    Mike
    250 --500-- 1000-- 1500-- 2000-- 3000-- 4000-- 8000
    35 --- 25----- 30---- 45----- 55----- 65----- 80----- 95
    (Both ears almost identical)