Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Battery Test Data, Contributed by one of our Members

I wear Unitrons Moxis. I have tried Rayovac, Energizers, CVSs branded, and Duracells. Duracells are the only ones that I find to be reliable. I have found brand new Rayovacs to be DOA. The energizes and the CVS batteries were giving me less than 24 hours. I don't know if I have just been unlucky with non-Duracells or if my hearing aids are persnickety but, I get 5-6 days consistently with the Duracells.

I am picking up a set of Trax42s on Wednesday with size 13 recharables. I hope they give me more consistent performance.

Blog Entries

The 13's should serve you. Some have reported that the 312's don't last an extra full day. They need to be recharged nightly compared to replaced weekly or whatever.

I too like Duracell and have gotten good results with them. Although the Costco ones do almost as well. I get about a day extra with the Duracell. That makes the Costco ones a bit more cost effective but I also like the longer pull tabs on the Duracell. The Costco ones are too short for easy use with my hands.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

Here are two links to the science project of a 14 year old boy that support waiting 5 minutes after removing the tab on air activated batteries.

The videos are worth watching.

http://legacy.kare11.com/story/news/...very/28771777/

http://kimt.com/2015/05/05/student-m...-battery-life/

RodeoGeorge

Blog Entries

Yes, the young man and his study have been debunked here already. Numerous testers here could find no difference.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

I'd be more interested if anybody has found that aids were struggling to maintain their longer term performance with the latest mercury free batteries across any battery/hearing aid type.
    'He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.'
    Link to my entry in the Hidden Content section.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - Maintenance Stuff
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

6. Default

I have been using Rayovac and since they passed to the MF era they had issues. Voltage was 1,4 now they mention 1,45. DOA and huge fluctuations even a day of life. Now things seem again normal. No problems last 6 months.
    I do believe that it would be time to do the test again that was done 6 years ago by the admin. Rayovac, PowerOne are the main competitors out there with icell, Zpower, Duracell
    I wish i could do it for all of you i would be willing to do so if i was explained what equipment i need to have to do it.
    I am thinking switching to Power one but not sure yet. Now people may use wireless also that do drain the battery faster for sure ...that would be an addition to the test !!!

Blog Entries

I use duracell. They cost more but batteries are a cheap part of it all. The duracells last a day or two longer for me. They come in a plastic case that is easy to throw in a pocket. They also have longer tabs which are a nice feature.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +

My audiologist had numerous complaints about Rayovac batteries that he sold a while ago and switched back to Power One. I myself find no difference between them since I get 8 days of power in my HA's with both brands. One caveat is that when I use accessories such as the Compilot, it tends to cut the time by a few hours.

Similar waveform for both ears

250Hz…………40db 3000……………70
    500…………….45db 4000……………80
    1000……………55db 6000……………85
    2000……………70db 8000……………85

Presently wearing Phonak Ambra SP hearing aids.
    I am also using the included Phonak ComPilot/TVLink package.

Quote Originally Posted by Um bongo View Post
    I'd be more interested if anybody has found that aids were struggling to maintain their longer term performance with the latest mercury free batteries across any battery/hearing aid type.
    If your question refers to h.a. performance over the lifespan of the battery, the discharge curve for zinc-air batteries is very flat. That is, their output voltage remains quite constant until they give out completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Arxaios69 View Post
    I have been using Rayovac and since they passed to the MF era they had issues. Voltage was 1,4 now they mention 1,45.
    Open-circuit battery output voltage is a function of the chemical reaction that makes them work. So all zinc-air batteries will have the same open-circuit voltage, regardless of manufacturer.
    250 500 1K 1.5K 2K 3K 4K 6K 8K Costco KS7
    R 25 50 60 60 60 50 50 50 65 SRT: 55dB WRS: 84% @85dB
    L 30 60 60 60 60 55 60 60 70 SRT: 60dB WRS: 88% @90dB

I have been wearing hearing aids for 35+ years and while battery technology from my first aid to now are vastly different when looking at modern batteries, be it 13 or 312 I have found little difference between the high priced models and the cheap Chinese Ebay batteries. My aids are on 16+ hours days and are high powered models. I get a week of life out of most batteries, be it high cost name brand and cheap Chinese batteries.
    Failure rates are about the same regardless of who's name is on the package. For $12-15 I can get 60 batterys to meet my needs for a year.