Thread: Room Home Loop Systems

1. Question Room Home Loop Systems

Has anyone had any experience with either the Microloop II by Induction Loop Systems and Multisensing Sounds Labs or the Room Home Loop Kit by TecEar?

The two systems seem fairly similiar by feeding sounds from the TV, etc. into your T-coil in your hearing aid. The prices are somewhat similiar too with the Microloop being a little more. I like the looks of the TecEar system better but I'm interested in quality.

Any experiences out there?

I got the Univox 2a room home loop kit from TecEar for my TV and I am very happy with it. I placed a loop under the sofa and it works great. Plenty of volume and power.

Previously, I tried some bluetooth loopsets but the volume was marginal (had to place the loop over my ears instead of the neck) and had to keep recharging the batteries every several hours. Also, the sound quality of the Univox 2a is better.

I am going to buy a 2nd Univox for my computer.

Daniel Lang

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dblcit
    I got the Univox 2a room home loop kit from TecEar for my TV and I am very happy with it. I placed a loop under the sofa and it works great. Plenty of volume and power.

Previously, I tried some bluetooth loopsets but the volume was marginal (had to place the loop over my ears instead of the neck) and had to keep recharging the batteries every several hours. Also, the sound quality of the Univox 2a is better.

I am going to buy a 2nd Univox for my computer.

Daniel Lang
    Thanks for the information. After researching my options I have decided to do the same. I'm happy you've confirmed my decision.

Default Current experience with univox

What is the most recent feedback on using Univox? Is it the best system for hearing the tv? I got my first pair of hearing aids earlier this year and currently use the wireless (bluetooth) for the tv. It's OK, but after reading about the Univox system on this forum, I am wondering if I should explore this option for better quality.

Quote Originally Posted by judyjo View Post
    What is the most recent feedback on using Univox? Is it the best system for hearing the tv? I got my first pair of hearing aids earlier this year and currently use the wireless (bluetooth) for the tv. It's OK, but after reading about the Univox system on this forum, I am wondering if I should explore this option for better quality.
    The univox is an excellent system. I have one and I also made one from an old stereo system for a cost of 20.00 for wire. Sound quality is about the same. For simplicity I'd go with the Univox.
    250hz - 15
    500hz - 15
    750hz - 30
    1Khz - 45
    2Khz - 65
    4Khz - 60
    8Khz - 50

Both ears are the same

Just received a home loop system for Christmas. Distributer is Loop America, not sure who actually makes it. It appears to be very similar to Univox. Installed it yesterday - works great.
    250 500 1k 2k 3k 4k 6k 8k
    50 60 65 65 65 65 75 80 L
    55 60 65 65 60 65 70 70 R
    SRT: 65db L&R
    Word Recognition: 24 % L 28% R
    Naida S CRT IX

Default telecoil buzz

Lately I am getting an annoying "buzz" whenever and where ever I use a loop system. It happens in church and at home. I know t-coils buzz when you are outside the loop, but this is inside the loop and when there is incoming sound. This is a new wrinkle. I have been using T-coil for years. Any ideas?
    250 500 1k 2k 3k 4k 6k 8k
    50 60 65 65 65 65 75 80 L
    55 60 65 65 60 65 70 70 R
    SRT: 65db L&R
    Word Recognition: 24 % L 28% R
    Naida S CRT IX

8. Default Get your T-coils checked

That the buzz is occurring whenever your hearing aids are in t-coil mode makes me think you may have an open shield or other failure in the t-coil circuit. I'd suggest a brief visit to your audiologist or dispenser to check that out.
    A second possibility, is you have introduced a device to your life that is generating relatively strong electromagnetic fields near your hearing aid. Do you have a "NEW" electronic gadget that you keep with you that might have introduced this?
    The third possibility is that this noise has been introduced to the environment that live in but, based upon your description above, I think this is a long shot.