Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: carrying batteries....

1. Default carrying batteries....

I am curious ...on how everyone carries batteries on their person. Do you just carry them in the package they came in..in a pill box.?

Package. One in my laptop bag, one in my car, and one in my wife’s car. I re-use and refill the packages and I keep two batteries in each.

I use the package. I keep one package in my pocket (in a plastic pouch); one in my laptop bag, one in my car, and one in my wife's car.
    0250.Hz L-70 R-55
    0500.Hz L-75 R-65
    1000.Hz L-80 R-80
    2000.Hz L-80 R-85
    3000.Hz L-80 R-85
    4000.Hz L-80 R-80
    6000.Hz L-75 R-80
    8000.Hz L-80 R-75

WRS:
    L 84% @ 105 dB
    R 40% @ 105 dB
    Both= 76%

Rexton Trax 42
    Formerly Resound Future (Costco)
    Formerly Starkey Destiny 1200

4. Default

I have several cheap pill boxes. About 1.5" square that has a divider in it. One battery per side. I keep one at the office, one on me, one in each car.

I used to carry spare batteries in this little silver cylinder, with a screw on cap, kind of like a pill box. But everytime I took out a pair of batteries, and peeled off the tabs and then put the batteries in the aids there was always a long time delay before the batteries would activate. The aids did not have a time delay, and this only happened with the batteries that were stored in the cylinder. I figured that I might be damaging the batteries by storing them in the cylinder so I stopped using it. But no one has ever given me an explanation for the delay.

6. Default

I carry a package in my pocket and a package in the kit.
    Gadgets

Frequency-L/R
    250-0/0, 500-20/20, 1k-10/5, 2k-10/15, 3k-40/25, 4k-60/55, 6k-60/65, 8k-60/60

Discrimination L/dB-R/dB
    93%/55-93%/53

I have a little battery case thingie that the audi gave me when I got my hearing aids, I keep 2 batteries in it, and keep it in my purse. I occasionally forget to refillit it when I use the batteries so I've been outta luck before.

Quote Originally Posted by jenny
    I have a little battery case thingie that the audi gave me when I got my hearing aids
    And for those whose audie did not give them one you can buy these at radio shack. About the only thing I have to add is you need to make sure you don't leave a 'stash' unused for too long or you might come to find it has died when you need it. This is especially true of car stashes where they are subject to high and low temperatures. Once the adhesive on the tabs begin to weaken, the battery will die shortly thereafter.

9. Default Interesting . . .

Quote Originally Posted by zafdor
    And for those whose audie did not give them one you can buy these at radio shack. About the only thing I have to add is you need to make sure you don't leave a 'stash' unused for too long or you might come to find it has died when you need it. This is especially true of car stashes where they are subject to high and low temperatures. Once the adhesive on the tabs begin to weaken, the battery will die shortly thereafter.
    So what does the "adhesive on the tabs begin to weaken" have to do with battery life. I've often wondered why all the companies put the tabs there, I thought it was convenient to pull out and oils from you fingers were bad for the batteries (like other products) but you're implying something else.

Any further details? How long do these batteries last in their packaging?
    thx

Quote Originally Posted by islanderbaw
    So what does the "adhesive on the tabs begin to weaken" have to do with battery life. I've often wondered why all the companies put the tabs there, I thought it was convenient to pull out and oils from you fingers were bad for the batteries (like other products) but you're implying something else.

Any further details? How long do these batteries last in their packaging?
    thx
    The packages have a use by date. The batteries are zinc air batteries and the current is generated when the zinc is exposed to air. The tab keeps the exposure from happening and prohibits the battery from becoming active. When the tab is removed and the battery is exposed to air the battery begins to work and will eventually die whether in an aid or not. Never remove the tab before the battery is needed.

http://emea.rayovac.com/en/consumer/conFAQ.htm#1