Thread: Oticon domes

1. Default Oticon domes

Hi All . . . wondering if I an get some feedback.

I've been testing the Oticon Dual Connects, like them a lot but trying to get the best out of them. Oticon offers 4 types of domes . . . open, plus, power, and RITE mold. I've tried the open and the plus; for many reasons I'm liking the plus.

Can anyone shed light on the power dome; what it is like, best applications, any insight. How does it work? Why is it called a power dome?

Love to hear from users. Any feedback would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by islanderbaw
    Hi All . . . wondering if I an get some feedback.

I've been testing the Oticon Dual Connects, like them a lot but trying to get the best out of them. Oticon offers 4 types of domes . . . open, plus, power, and RITE mold. I've tried the open and the plus; for many reasons I'm liking the plus.

Can anyone shed light on the power dome; what it is like, best applications, any insight. How does it work? Why is it called a power dome?

Love to hear from users. Any feedback would be great.
    \
    The power dome is use for their new rite power instrument. 2 new rite powers - one for the vigo families and one for the epoq families where introduce. the power dome allows to fit clients with more low frequency loss.

I do not think the power domes should be used for the duals, In the genie (the fitting soft) only a micromold, open and plus domes are selections

perhaps in the new genie 2009 *coming soon - this power domes could be an option...

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by xbulder
    \
    The power dome is use for their new rite power instrument. 2 new rite powers - one for the vigo families and one for the epoq families where introduce. the power dome allows to fit clients with more low frequency loss.

I do not think the power domes should be used for the duals, In the genie (the fitting soft) only a micromold, open and plus domes are selections

perhaps in the new genie 2009 *coming soon - this power domes could be an option...
    Thanx . . . but on the Oticon site under the Dual Connects it list the Power Domes as an option. BTW, what are rite powered instruments?

RITE is receiver in the ear and a power instrument is one designed with more power for more severe to profound losses