Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Savia Art 211 dSZ... I could use some quick help here.

Default Savia Art 211 dSZ... I could use some quick help here.

I have an oportunity to buy a used pair of these aids and was wondering, having read Neilk's thread about the new Phonak "yes", if perhaps the Savia was a new enough aid to use with an icom and that bluetooth perifieral he;s talking about... the Jabra A7010 bluetooth adapter.
    I work with my hands all day long (professional goldsmith of 31 years...) while still having to communicate with customers out front AND answer two phones: one of course is my personal cell and the other is the land line at my place of business. I would rather not have to (who wouldn't?) pick up one of several low quality portables lying about so is there a way to have this happen? It would be great to have even without hearing imparment!

My questions are as follows:

Is the Savia for my hearing loss in the first place? (see auidogramme below)

Will the Savia Art 211 work with a icom?

And, can it/will it interface with the Jabra A7010 bluetooth adapter Neilk spoke of?

Lastly, as I've never used one, will/can blutooth link up to more than one phone in the first place?? Like this land line I have at work? and... exactly how many phones can it work with at a time and you, the user, distinguish calls from one line or another?

0250.Hz L-30 R-10
    0500.Hz L-70 R-15
    1000.Hz L-70 R-30
    2000.Hz L-60 R-65
    3000.Hz L-60 R-55
    4000.Hz L-58 R-60
    6000.Hz L-65 R-65
    8000.Hz L-70 R-50
    Last edited by rynegold; 03-21-2009 at 07:07 AM.

Sorry, the iCom does not support the Savia Art, therefor not the Jabra either.

It does look as though it may support your range, though I expect others can answer more definitively.

Good luck.
    Current Hearing Aids
    Phonak Audeo YES IX (2)

My audiogram results:
    0250.Hz L-40 R-40
    0500.Hz L-55 R-50
    0750.Hz L-70 R-55
    1000.Hz L-75 R-70
    2000.Hz L-80 R-80
    3000.Hz L-90 R-85
    4000.Hz L-95 R-90
    8000.Hz L-85 R-85

As is per Phonak, the iCom itself is compatible with the following systems: Audéo YES, Versáta, Certéna, Exélia, Naida.

Most Blue-tooth devices will only link up with ONE other device of a type. For example, one phone, one Blue-tooth transmitter ... but normally just one telephone at a time ... regardless of it being landline or cell. With the Jabra and iCom, you must turn off Blue-tooth in one phone, your cell for example, to connect to the other, the Jabra, and vice versa. There are some Blue-tooth headsets that are available now that will connect to two cell phones at the same time, but don't expect to switch between calls with them.

The Savia shows as having been tested in 2006 by Phonak, so it does have older technology. My 3 year old Phonak Action's are no comparison to the YES. So buyer beware of what bargain you may be getting in 3 year old technology.

The Savia series was Phonaks top of the line for a few years. The Savia Art series came out and was only their top of the line for what? a year before Exelia came out. Phonak had to have known the Art was short-lived.
    This is a question? The Art's chip was new , the added features were the sound-smoothing, integrated real ear, (however real that is) volume learning, maybe more? At the time the Exelia was released the art was brand new. Exelias added features were bluetooth and sort of a dynamic autopilot.
    Just based on timing wouldn't the Art be more closely related (advancement of chip wise) to the Execella? Calling the Art outdated technology just doesn't ring true to me.

Thanks to all for the replys. Actually, the main thing I've learned here on this fourm is that, provided the aid has enough channels and power for any given hearing profile, the rest is up to the audi.

That said, it would, make sense that the Savia, sans bells and whistles was/is a good HA in 2006 and still is today, I just would have paid more "if" indeed it had that extra compatability going for it.

The price I'm going to pay is well less than 1k for a pair of Savias and their boxes/instructions ect...

that at least sounds cheap to me.... yes?

mitch

If the HAs fit your profile; if the HAs work as new (any guarantee on the eBay auction?); if you can find an audi to fit them to your satisfaction - these are the questions I'd ask of you first.

Ultimately, it comes down to you, the user. If you are happy with the HAs, then that's all that matters.
    Current Hearing Aids
    Phonak Audeo YES IX (2)

My audiogram results:
    0250.Hz L-40 R-40
    0500.Hz L-55 R-50
    0750.Hz L-70 R-55
    1000.Hz L-75 R-70
    2000.Hz L-80 R-80
    3000.Hz L-90 R-85
    4000.Hz L-95 R-90
    8000.Hz L-85 R-85

Quote Originally Posted by hippeaux
    If the HAs fit your profile; if the HAs work as new (any guarantee on the eBay auction?); if you can find an audi to fit them to your satisfaction - these are the questions I'd ask of you first.

Ultimately, it comes down to you, the user. If you are happy with the HAs, then that's all that matters.
    I agree completely.

And I'm sorry if I offended some with the "older technology" ... however, in today's technical world, 3 years can be a dinosaur. Like buying a new computer ... before you get it home and set up ... something better has come out.

Default No offence Neil...

this forum is/should be straight and to the point. I know the new "Yes" is a super HA with the latest tech. but in my case, the hearing loss (compared to many here) is less and... I must say with subdued euphoria, improving since the accident.
    Today makes a week since I came up from 110+ feet in the Caribbean with my ear full of water, or so I thought. Without all the details, let me say that I was a marginal candidate for HAs before the accident much less after. I wish to hell I had insurance like yours but alas, no. So being someone a little wary of how this business of HA recommendation/dispensation/pricing goes in the first place, I didn't see anything wrong for a guy like me who is soooooooo unfamiliar in this place/predicament to think, since its a cash on the barrel head proposition for me anyway, to just stick my toe in ($601.00) rather than my insured (or for many like me, unisured) foot in these waters. Even this technology for me, will be exciting! I think... Soon, maybe I can snag a pair of BT compatible HAs if indeed this whole new way of life works out for me. I can say that in just 24 hours, I've gone from rags to riches emotionally anyway. I can deal with the hearing loss if its permanent but what/how I was feeling for those first 2 days led me to put a pistol by the bed and a old chair out in my back pasture. Really. I was truly convinced I couldn't live that way for any real period of time.
    So, anything from here on will be gravy on whatever steak someone took off my plate. Now that I can feel and use the left half of my head again and it doesn't seem like its been simply plucked from my body and tossed out the window along the highway, I feel a little more... hopeful. Even with second hand HAs.

Here's what I bought:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270359639673
    Last edited by rynegold; 03-21-2009 at 08:40 PM.

Well, looking at the specs, it does appear to fit your losses well enough. You'll need to find someone to fit and program them for you, so expect to pay a bit more - how much, I couldn't say.

The only thing that concerns me with the eBay auction is that little "As is, I was told they work great." disclaimer. Fortunately, the seller appears to have a good reputation.

Once you do get them, be prepared for some frustration. Getting HAs for the first time (or even new HAs after a life time of them) can take some adjustment. Then again, some people take to it like a duck to water. In any case, it may take several attempts to get the programming right, or you may get it right out of the box.

Finally, I know you probably know this, but it bears repeating: Do not go into this thinking that you'll get your hearing back as it was - you won't. Technology can do marvelous things - it can come very close, but in the end, it can only approximate true hearing.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes! And give a shout if you need help.
    Current Hearing Aids
    Phonak Audeo YES IX (2)

My audiogram results:
    0250.Hz L-40 R-40
    0500.Hz L-55 R-50
    0750.Hz L-70 R-55
    1000.Hz L-75 R-70
    2000.Hz L-80 R-80
    3000.Hz L-90 R-85
    4000.Hz L-95 R-90
    8000.Hz L-85 R-85

10. Default

Hippeaux, thanks and of course your right. But on the comment about fitting my loss, are you saying/thinking these are not powerful enough?

And he, the seller (as per ebay rules concerning sales of HAs) has ask I sign a discalimer/waiver... does anyone have a copy of what hes wanting? He wants to mail or fax one but I'm trying to speed this up a bit. If I could find a copy somewhere I could have it to him today so's to mail on monday.

Heres what ebay says:

"If you choose to not obtain a medical evaluation before purchasing this item, I am required by law to provide to you and obtain from you a signed written waiver of the medical evaluation, and I am required to provide to you a copy of the User Instruction Brochure for a hearing aid, review the contents of that brochure with you, and afford you time to read the brochure. "

regards, mitch