Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: self programming where to get hard- and software

1. Default

cs44 cables and cs53 flex strips?

Could somebody sticky this thread? There's a lot of good info in here.

3. Default

Just curious does anyone know if the AHPro 3 programmer provided by America Hears compatible with other software . Specifically the Resound Aventa 2.7 software ?

Default America Hears

I don't think so. I asked Susan from America Hears at one time about programing a Dot 30 aid. I was going to try but didn't want to short something out on the dot 30 aid.
    Freq -- L -- R
    250 -- 25 - 20
    500 -- 45 - 20
    1000 --70 - 70
    2000 --75 - 75
    4000 --60 - 55
    8000 - 25 - 30

Quote Originally Posted by doubledown
    It was annoying finding this but finally got it by googling cs44.

http://www.hearing-loss-help-co.com/...ml?c325.html&1
    Only $989 + $80 for a simple bit-serial interface! What a bargain.
    Don't bite on this outrageous rip-off.

It's all ridiculous as far as what you are getting and the real cost of the components. And the hipro price makes ebay the way to go. This is the only place I have ever seen, offering access, for the cables. Do you suggest an alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by shan
    It's all ridiculous as far as what you are getting and the real cost of the components. And the hipro price makes ebay the way to go. This is the only place I have ever seen, offering access, for the cables. Do you suggest an alternative?
    An alternative? Spend just $995 on an America Hears unit. You will get programming sofware, the cables and, as an extra added bonus, an excellent hearing aid, as well!!:

Then, donate your present (unprogrammable) hearing aid to charity and deduct its full cost on your income tax! This would cover most of the cost of your second America Hears hearing aid (Depending on your tax rate).

Edit: Oh, BTW, you can then take the cost of all the hearing aids as a medical deduction next year!
    Last edited by jchunter; 04-22-2009 at 10:30 PM.

I, for one, and a few others , for all kinds of reasons have decided to use aids other than AH. If approached in a reasonable way even the hipro route can be feasible, and in the long run allow more options. In 05-06 after the Savia Art came out there were numerous original Savias on ebay that sold in the $400. to $500. range for a pair. This is almost the same time that the AH adro aids came out. I remember having the choice but had already pretty much decided on the phonak because I had heard their programming options were very flexable.
    I actually had a guy give me a pair of resound metrix mx-60 also. At the time they were resounds best. For me they did not compare to the savias.
    Given that the exelias have already been upgraded to the exelia art with the only real upgrade being the frequency compression option, the price of the old exelia will start approaching their real value.
    The only tech latest greatest feature that I buy into as far as being a solution for more than just some, would be possibly the speed of the processor, and can I say ram. Of course no manufacturer seems to give anything but anecdotal numbers. Beyond that it might be how many options are available in the software, and how clean the sound is.

The same screwed up system that took you to ah took me to the hipro route.

There was a guy on this forum who purchased a pair of savia arts for $6-700.
    That was a great price, and I thought about them myself but money being what it is, and the fact that I am still pleased with the savias made me not go there. In a years time the original exelia will be worth $1000 a pair. Edit probably $2000, people having paid 6
    It will not be the blutooth feature that will make me want them.
    Last edited by shan; 04-23-2009 at 11:37 AM.

Default Self Programming Noah link

Hello,
    I have got one Noahlink to program my hearing Aids.
    Because I´m in a trial phase I try differed Types of hearing aids.

The Noahlink works well together with widex compass and widex passion.
    The programming is easy to learn and the fitting is fine.

Now I try to do the same with Phonak IPFG 2.3 and Audeo yes IX
    I have a programming cable oticon 3 that seems to fit to the Phonak
    But the IPFG does not come into contact with the hearing aid.

Is there any one who knows if there is a difference between the programming cables oticon 3 and that one from phonak?

Does any one know which pin from noah link is routed to which pin of the hearing aid?

Perhaps some one could do me a favor and give me a little drawing of the wiring?

thanks a lot

from Germany

10. Default

Hello Juergen,

The Oticon & Phonak cables ARE different ... but I'm not sure what the wiring is.

mfG,

Richard
    My professional details can be found in the 'Hidden Content ' section of the forum