Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oticon Connectline

1. Default Oticon Connectline

I've just stumped up for the Oticon Connectline to go with my Epoqs. Been using the TV link this evening - fabulous! No time delay on the Bluetooth link, can cut to cell phone at any time etc etc. Got to test drive the landline phone link tomorrow.

Tony

2. Default

I also just got the bluetooth connections set up for my Epoqs. The TV and landline phone work so well for me! The cell connection wasn't the best, but that could be a compatibility issue (not all cell phones are compatible with the streamer). Yet, I can still use the cell phone. It's just not as perfectly clear as the landline connection.

The neck loop and microphone are definitely sensitive so people on the other end of the line hear movement on my end. It doesn't matter with the TV. The TV is very good.

The only bad thing is the iPod connection. Listening through the streamer is like listening through crappy headphones. Yes, I can hear it fine. But good headphones without my hearing aids sound far better than using the streamer to send the music into my HAs. Maybe they will improve that with their next model.

3. Default

Hi,

I got my Streamer a week ago and, so far, have only used the TV adapter which I am not happy with. It seems that the Streamer program has too much bass. Also, I don't like that fact that you can't use your own programs nor can you adjust the volume on one aid while leaving the other the same; changes volume on both aids at same time. The Streamer disables control on the aids and provides limited control on the Streamer. Not happy with this, particularly the heavy bass sound.

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by TonyA View Post
    I've just stumped up for the Oticon Connectline to go with my Epoqs. Been using the TV link this evening - fabulous! No time delay on the Bluetooth link, can cut to cell phone at any time etc etc. Got to test drive the landline phone link tomorrow.

Tony
    Tony,

Were you able to get them on a trial basis?
    Can you tell us (ballpark) the Cost?
    Are they (TV & Phone) sold as a set or individually?
    Squeezer

Freq / Right-Left
    500 / 65 - 65; 750/ 55 - 55; 1000/ 45 - 55; 1500/ 40 - 40; 2000/ 25 - 20; 4000/ 15 - 20; 8000/ 30 - 25

Quote Originally Posted by Squeezer53 View Post
    Tony,

Were you able to get them on a trial basis?
    Can you tell us (ballpark) the Cost?
    Are they (TV & Phone) sold as a set or individually?
    they are quite inexpensive, and are sold different solutions...

6. Default

The cost (with non-insurance courtesy discount) is a follows:
    Streamer: $225
    TV Adapter: $200
    Landline Adapt: $150
    Package (all 3 units): $425

Also have the standard 30-day trial for these items. If not to my satisfaction, any one or all components are returnable for refund...so a good deal!

Tony

Thanks for the info..

My AuD's office said they did not have them yet but that they would be $750.

Kind of unusual cause my AuD is normally less $$$ than others in our area.

I'm gonna have to find another source for this stuff.. I think it would be a great suggestion for a Christmas Gift.
    Squeezer

Freq / Right-Left
    500 / 65 - 65; 750/ 55 - 55; 1000/ 45 - 55; 1500/ 40 - 40; 2000/ 25 - 20; 4000/ 15 - 20; 8000/ 30 - 25

Quote Originally Posted by Squeezer53 View Post
    Thanks for the info..

My AuD's office said they did not have them yet but that they would be $750.

Kind of unusual cause my AuD is normally less $$$ than others in our area.

I'm gonna have to find another source for this stuff.. I think it would be a great suggestion for a Christmas Gift.
    750 seems to high, the 450$ seems reasonable...

I tried out the ConnectLine at my Audi's office yesterday with TV/DVD setup.

The sound was clear but there is still a slight .3 to .5 second sync delay that is inherent in all Bluetooth devices. Most people probably won't find this objectionable but it is noticeable.

The price for the ConnectLine is steep considering that other Bluetooth adapters are available for a fraction of the cost.

I bought a Motorola DC800 Bluetooth adapter on clearance for $15 shortly after getting my Epoqs and Streamer about 18 months ago. The DC800 uses RCA inputs and comes with RCA to RCA and RCA to 3.5mm plug cables for connecting to sound sources. It has about a 30 range with my Streamer and performs as well as the Oticon product. The DC800 is no longer made (eBay sellers have it for about $25) but there are other Bluetooth adapters available for a lot less money than the ConnectLine. Jabra is another manufacturer of Bluetooth adapters that are A2DP compliant and should work with the Streamer (one model sells for about $35 on Amazon.com and uses a 3.5mm plug for connecting to a headphone jack they also have an iPod specific model). (I have not used the Jabra product so you'll need to verify Streamer compatability before purchase - anyone here have experience with the Jabra?)

While some users may benefit from the level of integration and ease of use that the Oticon ConnectLine offers, basic simultaneous remote listening and Bluetooth phone connectivity can be accomplished effectively and at less cost with other Bluetooth products.

-Al

The Connectline is awesome. Haven't had a client yet that isn't impressed. I'd say Oticon are ahead of the pack at the moment.