Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking of Hearing Aid Manufacturers

1. Default Ranking of Hearing Aid Manufacturers

Hello,

Does anyone know which manufacturers are in the top 3 in the United States?

I am looking for information on this from a credible source, and I cannot seem to find anything on who is the "true Industry leader". Or leader(s) for that matter.

Thanks.

Default Top 3 ?

Hmm......

Ranking according to sales volume ? Customer satisfaction ? Technical innovation ?

I'll take a guess at the top 3 for sales in the U.S. :

1 - Starkey Labs
    2- Oticon/Bernafon (owned by same company)
    3 - Phonak/Unitron (owned by same company)

I could be wrong but Siemens might be #2....

Quote Originally Posted by HIP_Matt View Post
    Hmm......

Ranking according to sales volume ? Customer satisfaction ? Technical innovation ?

I'll take a guess at the top 3 for sales in the U.S. :

1 - Starkey Labs
    2- Oticon/Bernafon (owned by same company)
    3 - Phonak/Unitron (owned by same company)

I could be wrong but Siemens might be #2....
    market share in measured in terms of units sold. Starkey had been steadily loosing market share. I doubt they are top 5 even in the US. I would say, Sonova , siemens and william demant.

this are the top dogs

4. Default

I was thinking ranking by market share, which factors sales into it.

I was always TOLD that Starkey had the largest market share in the USA... something like 25%. (that includes all of their subsidiaries: Audibel, Microtech, Nu-Ear).

I didn't know how the others really ranked with that said.

My guess was also:

Starkey
    Phonak
    Oticon

World wide it's Siemens, Phonak, and I don't know. Yes? Ed

Quote Originally Posted by ed121 View Post
    World wide it's Siemens, Phonak, and I don't know. Yes? Ed
    there is a very tight raise between siemens group 23%, phonak group 22 and wlliam demand 21 or something like

7. Default

Hello,
    i thinking also that top 3 manufacture are in US that
    are:
    Starkey
    Phonak
    Oticon
    and also thinking by sales of company should be high.

Thanks..

8. Default

Thanks. Still open for others' opinions....

Default True industry leader

Quote Originally Posted by Hear-Ring View Post
    Hello,

Does anyone know which manufacturers are in the top 3 in the United States?

I am looking for information on this from a credible source, and I cannot seem to find anything on who is the "true Industry leader". Or leader(s) for that matter.

Thanks.
    One thing I would like to add to this post :

In my experience with manufacturers (a total of nine) I have not seen an "industry leader" that can build the best hearing aid for every type of hearing loss and to satisfy all wearers. I would hope an Audi or HIS can give an informed opinion and recommend a specific manufacturer based on a wearer's hearing loss, dexterity, comfort level with technology, and budget, etc, etc.. The "industry leader" for this individual will be the manufacturer for them that fulfills all of these needs.

Is it to research an instrument / manufacturer for yourself or someone you know ?

10. Default

Fair assessment!

This is research for myself.

I was curious to know how the manufacturers stacked up against eachother in terms of units sold on a yearly basis.

It seems to me that the man. do have units to cover all types of hearing loss, but whether or not a fitter chooses to fit a single man. for all types of loss/people is... well... up to the fitter.

Recently I was told (by someone who fits hearing aids) that ReSound has been up for sale for a long time, and that Siemens wants to get out (as hearing aids are a fraction of what they sell in their product portfolio).

I chalk up most things to hearsay in this way, but I have always found the person who told me to be reputable... it got me thinking a bit.