Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Analogs Better than Digitals??

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    Hear hear!! I couldn't agree more. I've had my Phonaks for over 15yrs how's that!! But...they are in need of repair and I just can't get on with those noisy digitals that are useless for music!! I've met so many people in England UK who have complained that they break down too quickly, too expensive, pick up too much sound despite being on linear programmes - they all want analogues back they can still make them but think that digital is best - no it's technology gone backwards!! Julia
    Why is a digital aid less reliable than an analogue?
    'He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.'
    Link to my entry in the Hidden Content section.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - Maintenance Stuff
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2. Default

Why is a digital aid less reliable than an analogue?
    Because it's got more bits to go wrong!
    My professional details can be found in the 'Hidden Content ' section of the forum

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishDispenser View Post
    Because it's got more bits to go wrong!
    'Vair droll.
    'He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.'
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

To explain the "joke", the sound received by the digital aid is broken up into signal parts called bits. EnglishDispenser is playing on the dual meaning of the word "bits" in the English language.

Some people here do not have English as their native language, so I thought an explanation was appropriate here.
    .....250....500......1k......2k.......3k......4k.. ....8k
    L.....25......35......53......68......69......70.. ....90
    R.....15......23......53......70......68......67.. ....87

Quote Originally Posted by Um bongo View Post
    'Vair droll.
    To explain my answer, I've included some footage of English Dispenser at a recent conference: he's explaining his travels.....

Here: linky
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by joliesanz View Post
    the main different is that, the digital one will leach all of the noise sound, so the sound may not natural as truth.
    and for the anolog hearing aids, it amplifier the sound, so it may be the natural, and now, many manufacturers are trying to manufacturer the analog with better sound. here show you the links you can find some hearing aids for your reference.
    Bowlarks. And please stop spamming the site with your attempts at linking to your business.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Agreed.

On a more humorous note, they posted this in another thread:

Hey, I am selling an pocket hearing aids on the ebay, and the max out put is 1255±5db
    Apparently they have some serious amplification going on there, guaranteed to cause hearing loss.

Unfortunately, I have not seen moderators "moderate" & remove SPAM in quite some time, even though it is reported.

I used to be quite impressed with the moderator's work here.

We also had a user (not me) that thought he could help out, but he was unable to contact the forum owners to get the authority to do so.

EDIT: Apparently, the moderators have started deleting SPAM again.
    Last edited by prodigyplace; 11-22-2011 at 11:24 AM.

Hey there, don't you know analog is better than digital because it is old technology....old is better....right?

I still have my horse for transportation. Yes, and I get 8 miles a gallon of hay. Ed

9. Default

Analogs are plain and simple amplified surround sound. Had mine for 15 yrs and also have digitals that I just recently purchased. They're going back for a refund. Bring analogs back!!

My understanding that digitals aids can be setup to sound much like analogs. there are several hearing professionals here that have stated that.

Also, there are many here who ave successfully switched from analog to digital ans say the do not want to go back.

I had some failed trial aids earlier this year. If I did not already have some idea of how aods should sound, I would be driven away from hearing aids due to a degreed professional who could not properly program the aids they were selling.

I have switched and not have a less skilled hearing aid fitter, but the results are much better. I wish I could do better, but my choices are limited here in rural Virginia.

You could try a different hearing professional who will liten to you and likely get radically different results from digital aids.