Thread: Asking about a friends loss...

Default Asking about a friends loss...

When I started here, Shan was kind enough to send me three aids. His only request was that if I cant use them, that I find someone who can, or donate them to the Lions Club.

While talking with my first junior high girlfriend (yes, we are still friends-and her husband knows) I convinced her to get an audiogram.

This is it, and I think the Claro's might be good for her. I am going to poke these numbers into the software, and make sure the claros will work for her, but I want to get input from anyone interested in doing so...
    Last edited by ubarw; 01-12-2010 at 01:28 AM.
    Hi!Hidden Content Dick
    Hidden Content
    Or Hidden Content for my "speech Banana"

Quote Originally Posted by ubarw View Post
    When I started here, Shan was kind enough to send me three aids. His only request was that if I cant use them, that I find someone who can, or donate them to the Lions Club.

While talking with my first junior high girlfriend (yes, we are still friends-and her husband knows) I convinced her to get an audiogram.

This is it, and I think the Claro's might be good for her. I am going to poke these numbers into the software, and make sure the claros will work for her, but I want to get input from anyone interested in doing so...
    I don't know whihc model Claro's you have but can probably assume they are BTE. If they are the 211 they might barely work for the worst ear. The 311 should be fine. Again anything is better than nothing and will get her through until she can afford something more suitable and modern.
    Audiologist in Private practice on the Gold Coast, Australia with a clinics in Perth, Brisbane, Sydney and Chatswood as well.

I have a pair of 211's, but one needs repair. A third one is a 311. She would likely start with the mismatched set. I will send her all three, though. Yes, BTE.
    Hi!Hidden Content Dick
    Hidden Content
    Or Hidden Content for my "speech Banana"

Quote Originally Posted by ubarw View Post
    I have a pair of 211's, but one needs repair. A third one is a 311. She would likely start with the mismatched set. I will send her all three, though. Yes, BTE.
    A mismatched pair should be ok as she has the same processing in both ears as the are the same brand and model range. Looking at the audiogram again, 211 will actually work ok, I was just a bit rushed with the previous post and misread the scale on the small audiogram.
    Audiologist in Private practice on the Gold Coast, Australia with a clinics in Perth, Brisbane, Sydney and Chatswood as well.