Thread: Phonak Or Siemens

Default Phonak Or Siemens

Hello, I have been trying the Phonak 5 Audeo` Smart series and the Siemens Pure 700....deciding between these two is proving to be a challenge. I was sold on the Siemens until I started to play my guitar with it. The sound was very dead...then when I tried The smart 5 the guitar came alive. Have any of you done comparisons on these two. I am wondering about the duophone feature, and if it actually works...in the model 9 Phonak?
    Any commenst are appreciated.

2. Default

You shouldn't play your guitar with your HI. Use a guitar pic. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LarryT View Post
    Hello, I have been trying the Phonak 5 Audeo` Smart series and the Siemens Pure 700....deciding between these two is proving to be a challenge. I was sold on the Siemens until I started to play my guitar with it. The sound was very dead...then when I tried The smart 5 the guitar came alive. Have any of you done comparisons on these two. I am wondering about the duophone feature, and if it actually works...in the model 9 Phonak?
    Any commenst are appreciated.
    The pure is a top end and should be compared with an Audeo Smart IX. The duophone works... but is not perfect. You would do much better with an icom. As long as you have an openfit, the phone should not be a proble,

I personally much prefer Phonak over Siemens in terms of technology, flexibility and particularly reliability.
    Audiologist in Private practice on the Gold Coast, Australia with a clinics in Perth, Brisbane, Sydney and Chatswood as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hearnow View Post
    The pure is a top end and should be compared with an Audeo Smart IX. The duophone works... but is not perfect. You would do much better with an icom. As long as you have an openfit, the phone should not be a proble,

I personally much prefer Phonak over Siemens in terms of technology, flexibility and particularly reliability.
    Agreed on that. The Bernafon Verite looks like a good punt for the music though.

Default Great reply's even a very funny one

It sounds like you all go through this massive task, of trying to find the correct aids for your needs. I definately noticed a difference in the Phonak 5's and the Siemens Pure 700. I used the Phonaks for a whole day and the fully expected something similar when I put the Siemens Pure's in....wow, was I mistaken. They sounded so similar to my old Siemens CIC's after taking the Phonak smart 9's out, I was stunned. Was it because the Siemens could be adjusted differently, perhaps? The Phonak had a split tip and the Siemens had a dome tip....more base response I'm quite sure.

Now I read that there is a cobalt, the same as siemens pure, but cheaper, this I did not know. Are there any other Brands that have remote, RIC, Bluetooth capability....etc. that are at the quality level of these two.
    Comments welcome

Quote Originally Posted by LarryT View Post
    It sounds like you all go through this massive task, of trying to find the correct aids for your needs. I definately noticed a difference in the Phonak 5's and the Siemens Pure 700. I used the Phonaks for a whole day and the fully expected something similar when I put the Siemens Pure's in....wow, was I mistaken. They sounded so similar to my old Siemens CIC's after taking the Phonak smart 9's out, I was stunned. Was it because the Siemens could be adjusted differently, perhaps? The Phonak had a split tip and the Siemens had a dome tip....more base response I'm quite sure.

Now I read that there is a cobalt, the same as siemens pure, but cheaper, this I did not know. Are there any other Brands that have remote, RIC, Bluetooth capability....etc. that are at the quality level of these two.
    Comments welcome
    You could also consider Widex and Oticon as both have great sound quality and are likley to be better than Siemens.
    Audiologist in Private practice on the Gold Coast, Australia with a clinics in Perth, Brisbane, Sydney and Chatswood as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hearnow View Post
    You could also consider Widex and Oticon as both have great sound quality and are likley to be better than Siemens.
    Widex has a very confortable sound.. People accept them almost right away