Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Acceptable Use of this Forum

Have only 6 posts. Need 10 to view hidden contents

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Reid View Post
    My sole regret is that I did not get aids sooner!

Once again many many thanks.
    This belongs on a banner for ReSound! haha

Glad to hear you are having such great success.

Hi everyone. Been a newbe and just finding my way around I thought I would pop in here to say hello. I have profound hearing loss from birth. Been using hearing aids since I started school and now am well on the way to approaching my 35 year using them.
    O yes and I am a motorcycle rider so yes that can cause lost off issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi everyone. Been a newbe and just finding my way around I thought I would pop in here to say hello. I have profound hearing loss from birth. Been using hearing aids since I started school and now am well on the way to approaching my 35 year using them.
    O yes and I am a motorcycle rider so yes that can cause lost off issues.

I have been reading the forum for days. As I see it the problem most
    are having is the AUDIOLOGIST. I live in small town & drive 22 miles to #1 company or #2 company.
    They only sell 1 brand. I can drive 80 miles to big town with more choices. I am almost desperate. I have to
    make a decision. Any advice. Don't have a lot of money. Have been looking online at
    1 Siemens Intuis Pro SP Dir BTE 2 mic, ordered from India at $349. total price & he says
    send Audio gram & he will program. .... Am I wasteing my time & money?
    Wearing now “ Siemens Intuis Dir” pd $3000. in 2008, They are almost DEAD.
    I am 76.
    Newest Audio done by HNT doctor 10.2014

---250---500----1k----2k----4k---8k

L.-60--- 60---- 50----60----55—75 / PTA 57 dB / SRT 65 dB / 44% 95 dB

R.-50---55----65-----65--- 75---80 / PTA 62 dB / SRT 65 dB / 48% 95 dB

Live voice List used NU-6 A&B

Blog Entries

You might visit the DIY forum here. It might help you decide.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +

Visit my blog here for post that I think valuable -- especially new members.

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

Just joined this Forum recently. Looking to purchase HA soon and doing research on the web. This site seems to trump other sources. A huge thank-you to all the posters and especially the host whoever you are. Thank-You!
    250 500 1000 2000 3000 4000 8000
    Right 10 20 15 30 35 25 55
    Left 15 15 15 15 35 50 45

Rexton Trax 42 RIC with Smart Connect and Smart Connect App for iphone 6

7. Default

I've learned a lot and I'm still learning. Thanks for the forum.

Thank you!!!! I have been a member here for about a year. I would not have continued on the path to buying hearing aids outside of the retail channel without this forum. Even though Costco has leveled the playing field somewhat, if you are retired and not a US government support beneficiary, costs are a big concern. Add, the ratio of service to cost of some hearing aid professionals, and you get someone like me that is on the path of self programming, safely and with more flexibility than some professional have time for. This again would not be possible without help and advise from member of this forum.

Plus, the refusal of the owner/administrator to sellout to commercial interests that would stop open discussion of hearing services outside of their retail channels allows this source of information to flourish.

Again, thank you for one of the best venues of any forum I know to allow freedom to discuss things intelligently and with minimum friction.
    _______250 500 750 1K 1.5K 2K 3K 4K 6K 8K
    Left AC __25 25 25 30 35 40 70 70 65 ​65
    Right AC _30 25 25 30 30 40 65 65 65 60

SRT 45/45 WRS@75 94/94

9. Default

I just want to thank you for the Compassion & Kindness of your statement of intent, as well as the results of starting a site that has been, & is giving countless people guidance through what (for me certainly) is a dizzying array of possibilities for the uninitiated. This is a new world for me, without this forum I would be lost in the dark woods of biased information, as opposed to the experiences & patience of others who have gone before me.
    Yours in gratitude, mr.jones
    Freq - 500 - 1k - 1.5 - 2k - 4k - 6k
    -- R -- 05 - 15 -- 40 - 55 - 50 - 30
    -- L -- 10 - 20 -- 50 - 65 - 50 - 35

Thank you for maintaining your trust, objectivity, and transparency in this market that is increasingly being manipulated by manufacturer and corporate interests. Educated consumers are key to the future of quality within the hearing aid industry.